Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 23:26   #421
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the video it does not look well settled down for a sedan. Looks a bit hunched and smallish.
Old 19th June 2010, 00:25   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The polo is a small car. I'd expect that, if you find the hatchback cramped in the back, you'd find a saloon based on it to be at least as cramped.
Sir, the wheelbase of the Vento has been increased to create more space for the backseat.
Old 19th June 2010, 12:42   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Then it may, indeed, be a better choice for a family car!

I still hope that the price will remain "Polo" though --- rather than creeping towards "Jetta".
Old 19th June 2010, 12:45   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Then it may, indeed, be a better choice for a family car!

I still hope that the price will remain "Polo" though --- rather than creeping towards "Jetta".
This is where I hope they should think like Honda. Keep the price as close to Polo like Honda does with Jazz by keeping it close to City.
Old 19th June 2010, 14:30   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
This is where I hope they should think like Honda. Keep the price as close to Polo like Honda does with Jazz by keeping it close to City.
Given that VW managed to keep Polo prices below the Jazz, logic dictates that they do the same with the Vento with regard to the ANHC...or so we hope.
Old 20th June 2010, 10:19   #426
Senior - BHPian

so any news on bookings or possibility of seeing the car in bangalore?
Old 24th June 2010, 11:44   #427
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on the launch dates for Vento, after TD'ing Linea, SX4, & Manza I am waiting for Vento to take a final decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
"It is surpirsing though how quickly they are planning on bringing the sedan with out clearing up the waitlist for the existing Polo and the Diesel Polo as we speak is still 'Coming Soon"

I second that. They should have waited for a while before planning to launch in July. Although it might be a winner, the waiting period would definitely act as a deterrent.
Old 26th June 2010, 17:46   #428
BHPian

I had been to chakan for some business work. On my way back I spotted a Vento. I saw a red colored car without badges approaching from a distance. Was confused if it was some ford model with the logos stolen. But as it neared I identified it as the Vento. It had a temporary MH14 registration.

Didnt manage to get any pics. I hardly saw it for 5 seconds. Looked kind of small to me
Old 26th June 2010, 19:47   #429
BHPian

Wheels unplugged says in an article that they have received a media invite for the Vento's launch on 6 July. I am sure with Team-BHP's reputation, the mods would have received one too if the story is true

Let's hope that VW manages to price it within 10L on road for the top end diesel with all the goodies
Old 27th June 2010, 20:24   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I had been to chakan for some business work. On my way back I spotted a Vento. I saw a red colored car without badges approaching from a distance. Was confused if it was some ford model with the logos stolen. But as it neared I identified it as the Vento. It had a temporary MH14 registration.

Didnt manage to get any pics. I hardly saw it for 5 seconds. Looked kind of small to me
Happened to me too. Thought it was some old Ford with a missing logo. The rear was Linea-ish, which was pathetic. The front view is hardly worth a second look.
Old 27th June 2010, 20:31   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
Wheels unplugged says in an article that they have received a media invite for the Vento's launch on 6 July. I am sure with Team-BHP's reputation, the mods would have received one too if the story is true

Let's hope that VW manages to price it within 10L on road for the top end diesel with all the goodies
10L for me would mean end of days before it begins. Anywhere between 6-8L would surely be a good hit.
Dont forget no matter hundred times you brag and tell its a sedan and far superior.

As far as the Indians see it, they will say, Its a Polo with a boot they will just allow you to add max. a lakh for the steel box that you add to Polo. Other than dont talk anything about the adding more cost it will surely not work out.
Old 27th June 2010, 21:30   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
As far as the Indians see it, they will say, Its a Polo with a boot they will just allow you to add max. a lakh for the steel box that you add to Polo. Other than dont talk anything about the adding more cost it will surely not work out.
Other than the boot, I see you get the following:

1. Better rear space (wheelbase larger by 50mm)

2. Better engine options (1.6 Petrol and 1.6 diesel) and hence more power

3. AT with Petrol

4. Curtain airbags in Highline

and......I am an Indian

Cheers,
Old 27th June 2010, 21:58   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post

1. Better rear space (wheelbase larger by 50mm)
2. Better engine options (1.6 Petrol and 1.6 diesel) and hence more power
3. AT with Petrol
and......I am an Indian
Cheers,
You can see, I can see and we both are of course Indian, but we are also petrol-heads.

Don't expect normal Indian customers to make informed decision always.

They see the addition amount Swift Dzire has over Swift, Indigo CS has over the Indica.
And straight away expect the same rate of increase in VW Vento.

Mind you honda can get away is over pricing the City, but VW is still in preliminary stages, they are yet to win over the hearts of Indians.

Moreover, dont forget there are sales figures made by SX4 (with just one engine option) and Verna (with no ABS) purely for the fact that they are from reliable houses.
Old 28th June 2010, 11:05   #434
Senior - BHPian

Biased opinion again

Quote:
Mind you honda can get away is over pricing the City, but VW is still in preliminary stages, they are yet to win over the hearts of Indians.
Well, I disagree! I think some of us Indians tend to over rate HONDA brand (not their cars; I think Honda makes great cars; CIVIC is my perennial fav.). Similarly, I think some of us Indian tend to under rate some Euro brands (read VW).

I am not saying that VW is better than HONDA or vice versa, but they are as different as chalk and cheese. One is Euro (build quality, super interiors, quality, cutting edge tech) while the other is Jap (reliability, high rev petrols, decent quality-at least CIVIC if not CITY).

Worldwide also, VW tends to score more (exclude US) for its brand equity. I rate them both tremendously well for what they provide.

PS: I may try to have a mix of Euro and Jap in my garage as I like them both for different reasons (read VW-not any other and HONDA-not TOYOTA)
Old 28th June 2010, 11:22   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post

Is this confirmed? I was reading all posts but seemed to have missed this one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks