Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 12:54   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
What do you mean by center console, or more specifically, what is the specialty about having this? Or do you mean it has gauge pod in the center, like Visa?

If the latter is the case, then this indeed might be a Toyota: It might be Toyota Etios, which has center positioned meter pod. Etios is also due for lauch soon, so they may be testing that one.
Yes it had a center console like the Tata Vista. It can be toyota also as the toyota factory is near to Ramanagar/Bidadi only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
If there is a center console then it ought to be the Etios sedan from Toyota or a Manza CS?!!

Did the rear exterior look like Logan? If yes, then it is Etios for sure
The exterior looked like better than logan, and it was tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay-JS View Post
I didn't get the point when you said "seeing the quality it dint look like Toyota". I feel both Toyota and VW produces high quality products. So what did you feel? Was the quality bad / good?

Yes, when partially covered the car looks hopeless. You got to see it in full to appreciate it. Till then it is just imagining.
The Interior quality was resembling like a maruti / tata.....not like toyota / VW.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:52   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
The Interior quality was resembling like a maruti / tata.....not like toyota / VW.
The pictures we have of the interior of the Etios sedan and hatch are from the demo cars which are imported, so the same when made in India is bound to be lower considering the price points where it is likely to be offered i.e against Swift and Dzire.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:47   #468
BHPian

Any idea about launch?

I called up 2 dealers at Chennai.

First Dealer (Anna Nagar);
1. Vento, bookings will start on Aug 1st week.
2. Display model would be available only then
3. On road price would be 7.8 l for Petrol 1.6 {Now dont ask me how they arrived at that ..}
4. Once I started probing on the pricing, they said its only indicative price
5. Above all, they stated that Petrol 1.6 is the only model being launched.

Second Dealer (T Nagar):
1. We have no official information.
2. As per Internet, launch date is July 7th
3. Most likely availability would be August
4. Prices would range from 6.5 to 10 l (for Petrol to Diesel models)
5. No idea about variants and pricing details.

So not sure, what to believe. Any others have details? Is only one model going to be launched?
Old 30th June 2010, 17:04   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
Some reports suggest it could be 4.38mts. I don't know the accuracy of this report.
Volkswagen to launch sedan Vento on July 6 in India
GTO confirmed this date in the micra review . I hope he was refering to this same Vento.
Old 30th June 2010, 18:00   #470
BHPian

Vento for OTR 7.8 is simply awesome even if you consider 1 L premium on top of the line petrol it would go to 8.8L and that also is simply awesome. ANHC will surely face the heat and so will Linea depending on the features offered on the top end Vento. Honda might be considered a much more premium brand than FIAT but VW also shares the premium status in India and that will hit Honda.

Honda needs to do something about its over inflated cost. ANHC is the only model from Honda stable which has not been affected by the competition. They might have to revise the cost rather than lose the top spot. But knowing Honda I doubt that will happen.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:45   #471
aby
BHPian

Can Sid help with some much needed scoop here. Or we might have to wait till the official release date :(

If the prices mentioned here are true 7.8 OTR in Chennai which would imply around 8.1 OTR in Bangalore for base petrol version, I think VW have a potential winner. So the Highline should retail for below 10L OTR, which would still be some 60k less that ANHC. Based on the equipment level it would be a killer pricing, forcing Honda to rethink its strategies in India as it would hit their bread and butter model.
Old 1st July 2010, 12:06   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby View Post
Can Sid help with some much needed scoop here. Or we might have to wait till the official release date :(

If the prices mentioned here are true 7.8 OTR in Chennai which would imply around 8.1 OTR in Bangalore for base petrol version, I think VW have a potential winner. So the Highline should retail for below 10L OTR, which would still be some 60k less that ANHC. Based on the equipment level it would be a killer pricing, forcing Honda to rethink its strategies in India as it would hit their bread and butter model.
We are already talking of 50-60K difference, and at the end it might end 10-20k difference or no difference at all. I don't think its a killer price if difference is just 50k for a new comer who is yet to establish.
Old 1st July 2010, 12:12   #473
aby
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
We are already talking of 50-60K difference, and at the end it might end 10-20k difference or no difference at all. I don't think its a killer price if difference is just 50k for a new comer who is yet to establish.
It will also boil down to equipment level. If for a 50k difference VW can provide more standard equipments, it can be big hit at least initially.

The bigger question is can VW sustain it. If experiences of customers with its sister concern Skoda is anything to go by, I wouldn't bet my next paycheck on it.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:03   #474
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes it had a center console like the Tata Vista.
Quote:
The exterior looked like better than logan, and it was tall.
Quote:
Quote:
It has a center console, rear seat will be cramped, exterior it looks like an ordinary sedan
Deepak, the car you saw is most definitely Toyota's low cost sedan (Etios) and NOT the Vento.
Old 4th July 2010, 07:58   #475
BHPian

As per BSMotoring article, Vento Launch is on July 6

Source:Volkswagen Vento launch on July 6
Old 4th July 2010, 08:19   #476
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for the Vento launch, I think it has the potential to set the cat among the pigeons in the mid-size segment. However, I think VW will be foolish if they launch it with the 1.6 Petrol only (initially).

There is no way that the car will be super fuel efficient, in my opinion, less than the Linea 1.4 too. With rising fuel costs, no amount of snob-value can help. As an enthusiast, I'd like the 1.6 Petrol, but I hope they have some more frugal options lined up as well.
Old 4th July 2010, 19:11   #477
BHPian

Any updates on whether Automatic options will be available or not?
Especially whether there will be a Diesel Automatic which would be a killer combo.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:21   #478
BHPian

Just read in today's HT.
Vento would launched tomorrow with 1.6L petrol motor, 105BHP and 255nm torque and priced between 7-9L.

No information on diesel engine yet.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:50   #479
Senior - BHPian

Sumit, those are the specs for the diesel- no way will a 1.6 petrol deliver 255 NM of torque unless it is a TFSI engine- and i dont thing the vento is coming with a TFSI
Old 5th July 2010, 10:52   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Sumit, those are the specs for the diesel- no way will a 1.6 petrol deliver 255 NM of torque unless it is a TFSI engine- and i dont thing the vento is coming with a TFSI
Just wrote what newspaper have printed.

They are usually wrong with the specs.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks