Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 15:46   #241
BHPian

The 'Kappa' sticker has been peeled off from my i10. There are bits and pieces of scratches and big patches of the body being visible. I believe the sticker was there in the morning. It's very much noticeable without the sticker and i opened the boot to keep in some items today morning.

Not sure if it's flicked in my office premises. in any case should
Old 19th March 2010, 16:37   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
The 'Kappa' sticker has been peeled off from my i10. There are bits and pieces of scratches and big patches of the body being visible. I believe the sticker was there in the morning. It's very much noticeable without the sticker and i opened the boot to keep in some items today morning.

Not sure if it's flicked in my office premises. in any case should
Damn! Gives me shivers as I have 5 badges on my hatchdoor (hyundai, i10, auto, asta, ABS) + 1 on the front quarter panel (kappa).
Only today I took delivery of my car with the repaired hatchdoor, and they re affixed the 'hyundai' and 'auto' badge. The workshop said that they reused the old ones as they were not broken and new ones cost around Rs 1000. I also did not claim insurance on them and saved around 500 myself.
So pretty soon a 'kappa' cab/auto/rickshaw is gonna hit the roads!
Old 19th March 2010, 16:40   #243
Senior - BHPian

My Mitsubishi three little red diamond stars logo on the grill got ripped off last Sunday. They say it is difficult to stock old badges. Anyone knows where to get them in Bangalore ?
Old 6th April 2010, 09:31   #244
BHPian

An article in Mumbai Mirror(pg 2- 6th April 2010)- mentions story of a couple from Khar who lost their BMWs logo thrice. First time Police registered non-cognisable offence. Second time, they insisted on FIR which was lodged. Then couple installed CCTV camera and bought two trained dogs including a rottweiler- and third time - they handed over a footage showing a teenage trying to yank off the logo. Police is yet to trace the culprits.

Proactiveness for love of a logo at its height. The price incidentally, quoted for each logo ( not pair) of BMW is Rs. 10000/- It means so far 60000/- spent by them on logos and much more on the CCTV installation and two dogs plus their maintenance.
Does BMW logo cost so much?
Old 6th April 2010, 10:05   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Proactiveness for love of a logo at its height. The price incidentally, quoted for each logo ( not pair) of BMW is Rs. 10000/- It means so far 60000/- spent by them on logos and much more on the CCTV installation and two dogs plus their maintenance.
I would not at all call this a 'Proactiveness for love of a logo'.
To each his own, but we are not the best judges of what is passionate for others. The same might not be for me or you. A Bimmer with its logo ripped off is quite laughable actually. If you see my Lancer, it looks very very odd w/o the front tri-star diamond logo.

This apart, I am thinking of screwing in my logo instead of using glue/super glue. It just takes one strong jerk to rip off the logo.

Is there any way to fix it, in a way that only an overly committed fellon would win the prize ?
Old 6th April 2010, 10:28   #246
BHPian

Quote:
An article in Mumbai Mirror(pg 2- 6th April 2010)- mentions story of a couple from Khar who lost their BMWs logo thrice. First time Police registered non-cognisable offence. Second time, they insisted on FIR which was lodged. Then couple installed CCTV camera and bought two trained dogs including a rottweiler- and third time - they handed over a footage showing a teenage trying to yank off the logo. Police is yet to trace the culprits.

I would not call it love of a logo. Its basically frustration. I bought a new ANHC and within 3 months rear logo is ripped off from my residence parking. For next 1-2 months, nearly all the cars in my appartment have lost it. Thiefs stealling it just meters away from security cabin. Look at thier guts.I just ignored it, drove the car w/o logo for next 3 months and then assuming that the thief might have shifted focus from our society, I got another logo from service center. Not more than 3 days and again gone !!

I didnt give up, I tried a duplicate logo, thinking thief might have an Idea that its worth nothing, but yet this one gone overnight. Someone is ripping you off under your nose. Its frustrating!!! Its not about logo its about insecurity for your stuff. Its logo today, tommorow it can be the stereo or may be the car, thier is no end to it. I am also in mood to fix a CCTV camera in my parking, I have two cars, one camera setup of 5-10K will give me peace of mind and sense of security plus the fact, that I tried my bit for my possesions !Anyway thats my philosophy.

CCTV will also keep those kids away who keep on scratching cars for fun. Recently I spotted a kid in my appartment scratchin a Lexus 470(offcourse not mine) out of fun .woha.... !!!! When I informed his parents they say "Bache hai khelenge nahi to kya karenge " . They dont understand what it means to get a lexus panel re-painted in India. As per me CCTV is a solution !
Old 6th April 2010, 10:41   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
When I informed his parents they say "Bache hai khelenge nahi to kya karenge " .
I strongly feel and many would agree, it is the parent's duty to teach their kids about other's property and its use/abuse. If the educated are ignorant, we cannot expect anything from slumdwellers.

Quote:
As per me CCTV is a solution !
Maybe. Maybe not. At the most you could catch the thief on screen. After that what ? Police ? Parents ? Whom ? If you want to take law into your own hands (Like a safari owner did when he saw his new safari getting scratched on the bonnet) then its a entirely different story.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:58   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Maybe. Maybe not. At the most you could catch the thief on screen. After that what ? Police ? Parents ? Whom ? If you want to take law into your own hands (Like a safari owner did when he saw his new safari getting scratched on the bonnet) then its a entirely different story.
Nope I have no intentions to take law into my hands or do something cruel to humans for a non living things. I still have respect for Human race and thats well above my car or any personal non living belonging. I just want to keep my car safe. I am sure no thief wants him/her to be spotted on a camera caught stealing. Regarding kids, last week I paid the price of asking a kid to play in play ground instead of banging thier footbal into my car. Result my ANHC had more that 100 scratches on both the front fenders. I was lucky that they were light and have gone lighter further with help of light rubbing compound, else you can estimate my loss 8K is the charge to get both fenders repainted, plus the pain of paint mismatch! and I think with CCTV I can make those parents pay up for thier childs deeds!
Old 6th April 2010, 12:06   #249
Senior - BHPian

I have observed that this disease of logo picking is slowly but surely spreading to other cities like Mangalore/ Bangalore etc.

I think the manufactures should not start putting simple/cheap plastic stickers to dieter logo theft.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:09   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have myself heard stories claiming it's the work of college goers trying to make a quick buck.

Quote:
The price incidentally, quoted for each logo ( not pair) of BMW is Rs. 10000/- It means so far 60000/- spent by them on logos and much more on the CCTV installation and two dogs plus their maintenance.
A pair of monograms (1 front and one back) costs Rs.4,000 and not 10k for each piece.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:42   #251
BHPian

I had my first experience of kids scratching car for fun in 2000- ten years back in the society compound. Incidentally, the car siren went off - alerting me and the security staff. They caught the kids and ultimately the parents had the similar response as to what to do- kids were playing what can be done.
well nothing , anyone could do & me- grinned and bore it. Was contemplating to put extra battery with capacitors togive a shock to anyone being nasty with with time the anger dissipated.

few months back- I had both the logos of the skoda stolen right under the nose of the security guard. I put in original one for 1900 for a pair plus 150 for fixing it- labour charges( famous skoda A. s. s.) rip off.

since, then rarely leave my car unattended- thats the only solution.

And the price of BMW logos- I wouldnt know. In the newspaper its 10000 for each logo and hence, asked this question as was wondering does it really cost so much! Thanks for clarifying. In that case, it could be an exaggeration while talking to media by this couple who obviously are fed up with the inaction by police despite CCTV clips and FIR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I have myself heard stories claiming it's the work of college goers trying to make a quick buck.

A pair of monograms (1 front and one back) costs Rs.4,000 and not 10k for each piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
Nope I have no intentions to take law into my hands or do something cruel to humans for a non living things. I still have respect for Human race and thats well above my car or any personal non living belonging. I just want to keep my car safe. I am sure no thief wants him/her to be spotted on a camera caught stealing. Regarding kids, last week I paid the price of asking a kid to play in play ground instead of banging thier footbal into my car. Result my ANHC had more that 100 scratches on both the front fenders. I was lucky that they were light and have gone lighter further with help of light rubbing compound, else you can estimate my loss 8K is the charge to get both fenders repainted, plus the pain of paint mismatch! and I think with CCTV I can make those parents pay up for thier childs deeds!
Old 6th April 2010, 14:47   #252
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend lost the Ford blue ovals from the front & back of his Ford Ikon. The car was parked inside closed premises and I am shocked to see this craze for the blue oval.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:51   #253
Senior - BHPian

anachronix, even I have seen a few Fiestas with the ovals missing. I am paranoid about leaving my car in open now. :( It's safe enough in my home and office though.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:47   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the price of BMW logos- I wouldnt know. In the newspaper its 10000 for each logo and hence, asked this question as was wondering does it really cost so much! Thanks for clarifying. In that case, it could be an exaggeration while talking to media by this couple who obviously are fed up with the inaction by police despite CCTV clips and FIR.
I got an extra pair when I got my car. That's how I know. They are still sealed with the price label on the packaging. 10k is rubbish.

And yeah, I feel for that couple. And somewhere I know that if the cops wanted to do something about it, they would have by now. Because we all know where the logos end up after they're stolen.
Old 21st April 2010, 15:12   #255
BHPian

Mumbai: car logo theft / monograms stolen

I ordered red H logo for my civic from USA. Since I installed them I use to make a point that I dont park my ride in lonley areas, outside buildings and where it is prone to get stolen. I was successful in safeguarding it until last week when the logo was stolen, I am very upset as it was very close to my heart.

Now I am trying to find a way to protect the next one, I have already got the new one but refraining myself from installing it.

My question, is there a way to run current through some wiring attached to the logo connected to a switch placed inside the car, when you park and switch it on it runs some current in to the logo, obviously this will provide the current from the battery.

I dont know the side effects as if we will be draining out the battery for the hours we will keep it on and whether this is practically possible.

I am not a guru in this but I am sure there are BHPIANs who can help us protect our emblems from theifs as off late I see every 3rd car without the emblem.

Cheers

Last edited by The Saint : 21st April 2010 at 15:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks