Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2010, 10:03   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
At 6am the gujiri guys start breaking the cars. Except for the engine and gearbox, all other parts like the ones you need at broken and thrown in the pile of junk to be weighed for scrapping.
Regards,
Chethan!
Dear Chethan,

I was at the Gujiri today right from 6am onwards till 7am for an hour. Absolutely no activity, not a single soul around. I then asked around about when does business start to a few auto wallas around, they said the gujiri never opens up before 9am. and today being a friday, they said it wont open before 10am. So i will be heading out only around 10:30am today. Lets hope my trip will be fruitful. 9am is the official opening time it seems.

Regards,
AJ
Old 5th November 2010, 13:29   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ118NE View Post
Dear Chethan,

I was at the Gujiri today right from 6am onwards till 7am for an hour. Absolutely no activity, not a single soul around. I then asked around about when does business start to a few auto wallas around, they said the gujiri never opens up before 9am. and today being a friday, they said it wont open before 10am. So i will be heading out only around 10:30am today. Lets hope my trip will be fruitful. 9am is the official opening time it seems.

Regards,
AJ
Visit Gujiri by noon or evening and check with Nadeem if there is any NE coming to breakage. If he says Yes, then on that day visit Gujiri by 6, before they start breaking it and request those guys for the parts which you require. Before visiting Gujiri in the Morning - make sure you speak to Nadeem once regarding the arrival of any NE's. Else you may go to Gujiri anytime of the day, meet Nadeem, if you are lucky enough you will get the parts you are looking for. Again, if you are not able to get some parts, keep Nadeem informed about it, he will update you when he gets the parts to his depot.
Old 5th November 2010, 22:14   #153
BHPian

Wishing you all the Proud owner's of NE, NE lovers, Fiatian's and the T-Bhpians - Happy Deepavali
Old 5th November 2010, 23:00   #154
BHPian

happy diwali to all TBHPians & NEians :)

Quote:
Wishing you all the Proud owner's of NE, NE lovers, Fiatian's and the T-Bhpians - Happy Deepavali
Dear Greenday, Thanks for your wishes.

I did make it to the gujiri today around afternoon. And post the namaaz session, I was able to fork around for my parts. Finally after an hour's search got all the necessary parts.

1. Got all the 3 door handles (to open the door from the inside), for a neat Rs. 100/- (all in good condition)
2. Got the drivers seat Chrome lock/handle (to open from the outside), got it for a neat 80 bucks (should not pay more than this).

I walked out happily from the gujiri, got whatever I needed (for the time being). Though i was thinking of stocking up a few spares, however I was advised by the gujiri people that i will get these parts whenever i come. so no problems. Signing off now contended (will get all these fixed onto my NE very soon). A very happy diwali to all you folks.

Regards,
AJ
Old 6th November 2010, 08:03   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ118NE View Post
Dear Greenday, Thanks for your wishes.

I did make it to the gujiri today around afternoon. And post the namaaz session, I was able to fork around for my parts. Finally after an hour's search got all the necessary parts.

1. Got all the 3 door handles (to open the door from the inside), for a neat Rs. 100/- (all in good condition)
2. Got the drivers seat Chrome lock/handle (to open from the outside), got it for a neat 80 bucks (should not pay more than this).

I walked out happily from the gujiri, got whatever I needed (for the time being). Though i was thinking of stocking up a few spares, however I was advised by the gujiri people that i will get these parts whenever i come. so no problems. Signing off now contended (will get all these fixed onto my NE very soon). A very happy diwali to all you folks.

Regards,
AJ
Thats the thing i love the most about the scrapyards (gujiri) there is something for every one whether needed or not. At least for me whenever i visit the scrapyard here, i strike out atleast one item from my required parts list.
BTW congrats on the acquisition of the said parts and a word of caution do not believe the scrap dealers regarding the availability of spares. If you intend to stock some just do it. Don't take their words for it as you would be the one suffering in the end. Off course the NECB is there to help you but just in case. Hope you don't mind me giving my opinion on this matter.
Old 6th November 2010, 08:45   #156
BHPian

@AJ: I feel happy for you.

As samsag said, don't trust anybody in Gujiri except Nadeem! BTW, from whom did you buy the parts?

The price I had quoted and what you paid are similar!
Old 6th November 2010, 10:58   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Thats the thing i love the most about the scrapyards (gujiri) there is something for every one whether needed or not. At least for me whenever i visit the scrapyard here, i strike out atleast one item from my required parts list.
BTW congrats on the acquisition of the said parts and a word of caution do not believe the scrap dealers regarding the availability of spares. If you intend to stock some just do it. Don't take their words for it as you would be the one suffering in the end. Off course the NECB is there to help you but just in case. Hope you don't mind me giving my opinion on this matter.
Quote:
@AJ: I feel happy for you.

As samsag said, don't trust anybody in Gujiri except Nadeem! BTW, from whom did you buy the parts?

The price I had quoted and what you paid are similar!
yes dear folks, i totally agree with you. Samsag, its true what u have said. even i felt like stocking up certain parts. But then it was Diwali and i was getting late. Didnt wana loiter around too long and miss out on the diwali fun. So quickly picked up the relevant parts and made a move.

1. The door handle (driver right side to open from outside), i could've got for 70 bucks. But ended up giving ten bucks more. No problems.
2. The 3 inner door handles was a good deal (all put together for 100 bucks).

Thanks Greenday for your estimates, i could bargain well with that knowledge. .. Next time i am planning to pick up the following:

1. The front head light frames.
2. the 'pal' badge (they had many metallic ones).
3. few more door handles and probably window channels.
4. the one thing i missed : rear view mirrors

regards,
AJ
Old 9th November 2010, 11:45   #158
BHPian

Hi to NECB.

I have seen a 97 model NE with the 1.38D engine. The condition seems ok. It has run 90,000odd kms. The engine is noisy. Rust is minimum. What will be the ideal price for it?
Old 9th November 2010, 18:05   #159
BHPian

Hi petroguzler,

Diesel Engine will be generally noisy. Good news is the car has minimal amount of rust. If the car is in running condition and can be used on a daily basis, then you may go upto 30 to 35k depending on the condition. Dont forget that car needs to get the Fitness Certificate done in another 2 years.

Also do post some pics of the NE you have seen.
Old 9th November 2010, 21:34   #160
BHPian

Thanks Greenday.

Coming to the car, It is relatively in a good shape compared to the other NE's i have seen(Not like the ones on this thread though ). It has a factory fitted AC(Claimed). But the thing that scares me is the owner of the car. He seriously looks like a robber. He did not even know to lock the car properly. But his name was in the RC book.

Will try to post the pics of it ASAP.

Last edited by petroguzzler : 9th November 2010 at 21:36.
Old 9th November 2010, 22:11   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Thanks Greenday.

Coming to the car, It is relatively in a good shape compared to the other NE's i have seen(Not like the ones on this thread though ). It has a factory fitted AC(Claimed). But the thing that scares me is the owner of the car. He seriously looks like a robber. He did not even know to lock the car properly. But his name was in the RC book.

Will try to post the pics of it ASAP.
Hi petroguzzler,

If everything on paper is fine and you are confident enough that he is the owner of car and genuinely wants to sell it. There should not be problem in buying it.

Even the good and decent looking guys can be a thief. Cant go by looks of a person.
Old 9th November 2010, 23:14   #162
BANNED

I am all set to drive the NE tomorrow to Mysore.

Mom and Dad accompanying me, as we have a wedding to attend.

A 1990 car,At 28500 kms, with Factory fitted cross ply white wall tyres. This will be the First LONG DRIVE for this BONE STOCK car in a long time.

Done all the necessary pre-checks today. The car will come back after a weeks time, and will guarantee you guys, a totally transformed car
Old 9th November 2010, 23:16   #163
BANNED

Hello Mr. Pavan.

All the best for a one of its kind drive for you. PLEASE do post here lots of pics of NE on the scenic Mysore road.
Old 10th November 2010, 01:46   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I am all set to drive the NE tomorrow to Mysore.

Mom and Dad accompanying me, as we have a wedding to attend.

A 1990 car,At 28500 kms, with Factory fitted cross ply white wall tyres. This will be the First LONG DRIVE for this BONE STOCK car in a long time.

Done all the necessary pre-checks today. The car will come back after a weeks time, and will guarantee you guys, a totally transformed car
Pavan Anna,

I'm pretty sure that Mom and Dad would love the luxury feel sitting behind.

To add up to what EARTHed quoted, do post loads of pics of the stunning NE with some scenic view of Mysore [not only Mysore road]

Have a safe and memorable journey
Old 12th November 2010, 20:47   #165
BHPian

NECB and FCB Dhamaka Meet.

We welcome all the Owners, Members, NE lovers and the Enthusiasts with thier Friends and Family to the NECB and FCB Dhamaka Meet 2010.

Scheduled on 21.Nov.2010 [Sunday]:

ENTRY from NORTH-GATE, Double Road Entrance.

0900Hrs to 1000Hrs : Assemble and Members Talk
1000Hrs to 1045Hrs : Official Founders speak and Members speak.
1045Hrs to 1115Hrs : Photo session
1115Hrs : Line UP
1125Hrs : Flag off of City-Rally
1215Hrs : End of City-rally at Golf Course Road
1230Hrs : Start of Long drive towards BIAL for lunch (one side 30KM drive)
1500Hrs : Meet Ends after Lunch.

The Route Map of the rally which is prepared by Sujith1100 has been uploaded by funkykar in FCB thread

Hope to see you guys there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks