Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 19:28   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
Exide Batteries are a good option though, but its quite expensive.

I will look into the battery manual and the card and keep you updated. Amaron should cost you roughly around 4500.00INR.

Note: Exide batteries are quite bulky in Size, i have seen it touching other parts of the car, esspecially 118NE. That is again not a good sign for the batteries life and for the car when it comes to safety and life span of the battery.

If a battery comes for 4500/- and atleast 3 years of proper warrannty, I will settle for it. Amaron is impressive so far. Even Arun1100 recommends only Amaron.

What exactly you mean bulky in size? As far as I know, the size of the battery on NEs is constant, cant be even a inch bigger.
Old 8th September 2010, 19:46   #92
BHPian

@funkykar : I just went through this thread, it was a nice 118NE story. Really good to see your passion towards this car. My uncle had one of these beauties with Reg No. also 118 and once I got a chance to drive it as well. It was during my college days, I had just learnt driving and hence it was a short ride within the city. Really loved it.

Last edited by chethan.ram : 8th September 2010 at 19:48.
Old 8th September 2010, 19:50   #93
Senior - BHPian

Karthik bhai go for Amaron make zero maintenance battery. A very good product and will last atleast a year more than what exide ones do. you can also have a look at the Tata green ones though don't have first hand experience with them.
Old 8th September 2010, 20:41   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
If a battery comes for 4500/- and atleast 3 years of proper warrannty, I will settle for it. Amaron is impressive so far. Even Arun1100 recommends only Amaron.

What exactly you mean bulky in size? As far as I know, the size of the battery on NEs is constant, cant be even a inch bigger.

Means, When you compare the Amaron with Exide, Exide is bit bigger/bulkier in Size. I remember this seeing in Joy's NE, when Behram sir was explaining about the batteries. For more information on the same, we need to catch hold of Arun1100.

As I said, for 4,500/- it will come with minimum of 4 years of warranty and Assured Zero maintanence

Last edited by GreenDay : 8th September 2010 at 20:42. Reason: Additional Points
Old 8th September 2010, 20:45   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
@funkykar : I just went through this thread, it was a nice 118NE story. Really good to see your passion towards this car. My uncle had one of these beauties with Reg No. also 118 and once I got a chance to drive it as well. It was during my college days, I had just learnt driving and hence it was a short ride within the city. Really loved it.
It's really an co-incidence to know that 118 has a Reg No as 118. The car would look amazing with that number . If there are any pictures of your Uncle's do share with us.
Old 8th September 2010, 21:07   #96
BHPian

Quote:
It's really an co-incidence to know that 118 has a Reg No as 118. The car would look amazing with that number . If there are any pictures of your Uncle's do share with us.
Really sorry, do not have any pictures of it. My uncle has sold it, otherwise I would have taken few pictures and shared it with you guys.
Old 8th September 2010, 21:56   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Really sorry, do not have any pictures of it. My uncle has sold it, otherwise I would have taken few pictures and shared it with you guys.
You really broke my heart .

Anyways, Do you own a NE now? Now a days, 118NE has become so scarce that we need to preserve it from becoming a past and that's the main motto of NECB
Old 8th September 2010, 21:59   #98
BANNED

Hi Chetu.

I got the information that you guys recently met Mr. Behram Dhabhar in Bangalore and spent some good time knowing all technical details about NE from Sirji.

Can you post the pics and details please.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:05   #99
BHPian

Quote:
You really broke my heart .

Anyways, Do you own a NE now? Now a days, 118NE has become so scarce that we need to preserve it from becoming a past and that's the main motto of NECB
I don't own NE, I have an Esteem. Will surely check with my uncle if he has any pictures.
Old 9th September 2010, 10:00   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Hi Chetu.

I got the information that you guys recently met Mr. Behram Dhabhar in Bangalore and spent some good time knowing all technical details about NE from Sirji.

Can you post the pics and details please.
@EARTHed: I was under the impression that I had posted the pics of Behram Sir's meet in Bangalore. Thanks for reminding me though. Even though we could spend only couple of hours with him. It was an memorable experience. I will upload the pics ASAP.

@chethan.ram: look for the pics and come back with positive results
Old 15th September 2010, 18:00   #101
BHPian

Meeting with Sirji on his visit to Bangalore

I was quite busy with my personal schedules. Here it goes, its bit late though.

Behram Sirji was always very kind to spend the few hours of his stay in Bangalore with his fellow crazy Auto enthusiasts.

Here is the report of Behram-Sir Meet.

Pavan Kadam(Bangalore Beetle Club), Arun(Fiat 1100 Club Bangalore) and me-Chetu(NE Club Bangalore) were fortunate to meet Behram Sirji!

Sirji had been to Chikamagalur for OTR with his dream Mahindra Thar. He came to Bangalore, We picked him up from the outskirts of Bangalore.

Sirji explained all the features of THAR! This machine is simply awesome.

Then we left to Bangalore Airport. En-route PK's Pilot-friend Joy(AirBusDriver) was waiting for us with his stunning NE.

Sirji examined the NE for a while and explained to us some of the engineering concepts executed by him during his days in PAL.

He explained to us about the Hitachi Carburretor, the fuel return line system, how the electric fuel pump was subsequently fitted in NEs etc. Man, he explained us so well!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-than.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-steer.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-mimk.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-diki.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-ne.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-air.jpg  

GreenDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2010, 11:30   #102
Senior - BHPian

Happy to see the love for NEs continue, I still miss my college days on my NE. Behram sir's visit would have added sugar to cake, waiting to see many actions soon
Old 18th September 2010, 23:27   #103
BHPian

Looking for inputs on tires for NE.

Posting on behalf my friend Vinu

As said by Vinu "Now my NE has MRF radial tyres with size155/80/R13. Is it possible to upgarde it 14''alloys without any modification and harm to my beauty, if yes can suggest me the right tyre size and brand also."
Old 19th September 2010, 08:09   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Posting on behalf my friend Vinu
Here are some pics of his NE.
Attached Thumbnails
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-13062010132.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-13062010136.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-13062010139.jpg  

GreenDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2010, 14:59   #105
BHPian

Quote:
I was quite busy with my personal schedules. Here it goes, its bit late though.

Behram Sirji was always very kind to spend the few hours of his stay in Bangalore with his fellow crazy Auto enthusiasts.

Here is the report of Behram-Sir Meet.

Pavan Kadam(Bangalore Beetle Club), Arun(Fiat 1100 Club Bangalore) and me-Chetu(NE Club Bangalore) were fortunate to meet Behram Sirji!

Sirji had been to Chikamagalur for OTR with his dream Mahindra Thar. He came to Bangalore, We picked him up from the outskirts of Bangalore.

Sirji explained all the features of THAR! This machine is simply awesome.

Then we left to Bangalore Airport. En-route PK's Pilot-friend Joy(AirBusDriver) was waiting for us with his stunning NE.

Sirji examined the NE for a while and explained to us some of the engineering concepts executed by him during his days in PAL.

He explained to us about the Hitachi Carburretor, the fuel return line system, how the electric fuel pump was subsequently fitted in NEs etc. Man, he explained us so well!!!!!
Good Pics Chetu.

Its a nice car PK's Friend has got.

Mine is on the way, will be out on road in 6~8 weeks.

Two months Back.
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-img_2906.jpg

This week.
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-img_4027.jpg

Will post the pics after the work is over.

BTW Do you have some more pics of Joy's Car ?

Last edited by nithinnarayanan : 19th September 2010 at 15:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks