Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2010, 20:58   #166
BANNED

This is really exciting Mr. Chethan. In USA, such meets are regularly done. Nice to see in my hometown too. I will be there!
Old 12th November 2010, 21:14   #167
BHPian

I would be great if you make some time for yourself and spend your quality time with us EARTHed. We will have a lot to share. Make sure you bring your Fiat along for the Dhamaka Rally
Old 14th November 2010, 19:59   #168
BHPian

Drive to Mysore on NE!!!

Drove my NE after the long break to Mysore, the car is running cool and the performance of the car is far more improved after a general checkup. More than attending the marriage. As expected, I was supposed to be in marriage hall with the groom, I was found on roads of Mysore, admiring the FIAT's in Mysore.

I was surprised and happy to see the FIAT's and NE's being used on a daily basis.

In my small drive, found more than 10 NE's running on road and the number of FIAT's were overtaking that of M800's. Less number of FIAT's were in parked state and most of the FIAT's were simply running on the roads of Mysore with pride.
Old 15th November 2010, 21:59   #169
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I just got some tinkering done on my NE. Basically got all the parts that i had bought from the gujri fixed onto my NE. After having paid the mechanic i feel i have overpaid him (paid him 700 bucks). I had purchased all the spares. The work he did:

1. Fixing 3 RC locks (to open the 3 doors from the inside).
2. The driver's side main lock (to open from the outside).
3. He fixed the non-functioning left-hand side rear window.
4. Removed one small dent from the front left hand corner side of the car. And pasted that white paste onto the dent and a few other rusted areas.
5. Fixed up the Dickie lock. (partially)
6. Fixed the driver's side rear view mirror. (shoddy job)

what do u guys feel? i strongly feel i overpaid him about 200bucks easily. The work is good, not great. Plus i had bought all the parts. He (the mechanic) did not make any purchases. I will probably visit him again and underpay him to compensate. Please do give your inputs folks.

Regards,
AJ
Old 15th November 2010, 22:29   #170
Senior - BHPian

Locks work dont come cheap. If its a experienced man doing it (specifically if he is a door setter) and quality work, it might cost you 700 bucks.
Old 17th November 2010, 08:20   #171
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this NE near Cubbon park. There is another pristine NE which come to Cubbon park daily. I will post that NE pics tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-spm_a0373.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-spm_a0374.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-spm_a0375.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-spm_a0376.jpg  

funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2010, 22:13   #172
BHPian

I spotted this clean NE in Benson Town.
Attached Thumbnails
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-spm_a0381.jpg  

GreenDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2010, 23:32   #173
BHPian

NECB and FCB Dhamaka Rally!

After bangalore expecting some sudden surprise by uninvited rain, all the Fiatians were welcomed by a brightly shinning sun. All the Fiat's lined up. As the members were sharing their experiences, it was like all the Fiats were also discussing among themselves, [reminded me of the animated movie CARS]. It was a beautiful and memorable day.

As a toppings on the main course:
Even though Pawan Kadam couldn't get the Airbus Drivers stunning NE to the rally, he gave us a surprise by coming in his cute little bug. Mr. Sudhindra also took some time and accompanied us with his Contessa for the long drive. RamPrasad from BCSC, Sharat from Java Club were also a part of the rally.

NECB 'n' FCB rocks!
Altogether the rally went on for about 9 hours.

Pics of the NECB 'n' FCB Dhamaka Rally are in FCB thread from Pg 164. Enjoy them.
Old 24th November 2010, 23:05   #174
BHPian

Joy's NE is back to Bangalore

The NE which was left for the painting around 10 days back, is now back to Bangalore. The paint job is done very neatly and quite fast. Now this car looks as if its just out from the Premier Showroom. A COMPLETE STOCK MACHINE.

As said by PK earlier, the AC in the car is really impressive. The whole car gets cooled in not less than few seconds.

Here goes the pics. Picture quality is not good [clicked from mobile camera]
Attached Thumbnails
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-24112010006.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-24112010007.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-24112010008.jpg  

GreenDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2010, 10:43   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
The NE which was left for the painting around 10 days back, is now back to Bangalore. The paint job is done very neatly and quite fast. Now this car looks as if its just out from the Premier Showroom. A COMPLETE STOCK MACHINE.

As said by PK earlier, the AC in the car is really impressive. The whole car gets cooled in not less than few seconds.

Wow, we are in love with her again. Can we now kiss the Car.
Old 25th November 2010, 14:21   #176
BHPian

Quote:

Wow... the car looks really beautiful. Congrats! Please post more pictures including interior shots.

I think the car missing the front windshield steel beading. Is it not? Also, is this car still running on 20 year old white walled tires?

What make is the modified silver colored car in the pic? Is it another 118?

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 25th November 2010, 14:59   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Wow, we are in love with her again. Can we now kiss the Car.
For now only touch and feel is allowed. Kissing is not permitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Wow... the car looks really beautiful. Congrats! Please post more pictures including interior shots.

I think the car missing the front windshield steel beading. Is it not? Also, is this car still running on 20 year old white walled tires?

What make is the modified silver colored car in the pic? Is it another 118?

Thanks,
Jose.
You guessed it right Jose. This car is still running on 20 year old white walled tires. PK will be taking the car today, will request him to post some pictures of the Interiors. I have never seen any NE which had a steel beading for front windshield. I'm not sure, if it comes with one or not.

That is another 118 NE which is modified with Zen's headlight from front and has got a look of Accent from rear. Will post some pics of the modified silver NE by the EOD. Even the Dashboard in this car is adopted from some other car, which I couldn't recognize. But the Odometer which is still of NE.
Old 25th November 2010, 16:34   #178
BHPian

Quote:
You guessed it right Jose. This car is still running on 20 year old white walled tires.
How safe is to run a car with 20 year old tires? Does not this seriously affect the safety and handling of the car? IMHO, tires should be changed at least once in 4 years.

Quote:
I have never seen any NE which had a steel beading for front windshield. I'm not sure, if it comes with one or not.
Please see this image. I am referring to the chrome in the windshield rubber beading.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...photo-0694.jpg

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 25th November 2010, 16:49   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
How safe is to run a car with 20 year old tires? Does not this seriously affect the safety and handling of the car? IMHO, tires should be changed at least once in 4 years.

Please see this image. I am referring to the chrome in the windshield rubber beading.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...photo-0694.jpg

Thanks,
Jose.
Yes, as the tire ages you need to be more careful as the handling will be difficult same goes with safety. But if you are not a rash driver and would drive the car in 40kmph, then this tire will serve the purpose.

The beading you are referring here is not made of chrome/steel. It is also made a rubber, only difference is, it is white in color. Just to add more beauty to the car.

Even Joy's NE has that beading, as I said the photo's are taken from Mobile Camera. Sorry for the poor image quality.

Have a look at this image.
Old 25th November 2010, 17:22   #180
BHPian

Quote:
The beading you are referring here is not made of chrome/steel. It is also made a rubber, only difference is, it is white in color. Just to add more beauty to the car.
GreenDay, this is the picture of rear windshield and I can see the chrome beading. But I am referring to the front windshield.

May be my eyes are deceiving me. After the photo shoot, I can see better pictures.

Thanks,
Jose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks