Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2013, 13:33   #7576
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
Came across a post on Carwale where an Assam registered - 2011 Fortuner (with 9,900 kms mileage) is available for INR 14.9 Lacs . This guy seems to have posted the same ad across all major cities Bombay, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad.

Does it sound too good to be true? Is it worth pursuing?
Hello GC,
I have my reservations regarding this ad. Can you believe that he has placed this ad everywhere, except in Assam Now that's fishy!! As the saying goes" If it's too good to be true, IT PROBABLY IS!!!!"

I may be wrong here. Apologies if I've hurt sentiments.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
How much can I expect for my Cedia Sports done little less than 23k kms. Car is in excellent condition. The car is registered in Mumbai. Was thinking off getting an Ecosport hence was thinking of the same.
A Cedia done just 23K's!! Sweet!!. How I wish that you get a good price for a near new Cedia!! From your signature I'm guessing it's a 2009 car.
Is it a first owner car or used? Your car's actual worth is around 4.5-5L, but I guess you'll get around 3.5L for it!!
Guru's please correct if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Varun
Old 28th June 2013, 15:44   #7577
BHPian

A friend of mine is looking for a tall-hatch. Here are a few cars that he has selected from TBHP's Classified section. Do let me know which one do you think is worth its money. The car will be used only for 12-14kms a day to take his parents (in mid 70s) to the temple. And once in a month for a 250-300kms trip to some outstation temple. Yep, you can call it a pilgrimage car. :P

Money is no issue for this guy, but he wants a car which is more worth the money paid for it. He's looking to keep this car for 3-4 years.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...uti/Ritz.html/

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../Wagon-R.html/

I've asked him to go for Ritz if he can get it for 4.2. Or is that too much? The new one costs about 6.8 on road. Do let me know what do you guys think.
Old 28th June 2013, 15:50   #7578
Senior - BHPian

I am getting a offer:
2012 march Wagon-R VXI ran 24,000kms with Company service. asking price Rs 3.7 Lakhs. How much is it worth paying? the car is used by a techie who commutes 45kms daily. kindly suggest a good price.
Old 29th June 2013, 05:02   #7579
BHPian

Hi all, how much would a silver color used Lxi Baleno of 2007 model from a 3rd owner with 57,000kms on the odo with sound mechanicals and decent exteriors fetch?
Old 29th June 2013, 08:50   #7580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Came across a post on Carwale where an Assam registered - 2011 Fortuner (with 9,900 kms mileage) is available for INR 14.9 Lacs . This guy seems to have posted the same ad across all major cities Bombay, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad.
I came across this add some 3 months back. Even went and saw the car. It kind of looked ok. Couldn't drive though. But somehow something didn't feel right given the low price being quoted and hence stayed away. At 14.5L this car should have a queue of buyers lined up and probably willing to pay more than the asking price. So decided to stay away. The owner claimed he owned some tea estates in assam and bought the car for assam roads but now just feels like changing it. Wasn't convincing enough for me.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 10:37   #7581
BHPian

2006 Maruti Baleno Vxi. Has run only 36,000km (authentic). Changed the tyres (Bridgestone) at 35,000 to get the 'new' look. Vehicle is in excellent condition. Very neat interiors and exteriors. Comes with all the regular, power steering, windows, ICE, AC stuff. Vehicle registered in Kerala. How much can one expect? As far I know, a 2006 Baleno would cost anywhere between 1.6 to 1.8 in Kerala, but given that the car is as good as new, is it worth more?.
Old 29th June 2013, 10:48   #7582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
How much can I expect for my Cedia Sports done little less than 23k kms. Car is in excellent condition. The car is registered in Mumbai. Was thinking off getting an Ecosport hence was thinking of the same.
I don't know how much you can expect for Cedia, people quote anything between 2-6 lakhs for their Cedias. I even came across a man trying to shift a 2006, 80k kms cedia for 5lakhs albeit in really good condition, it has however been in the market now for 2 months with not much interest. The Cedia is a very potent machine and since very few bought it, the ones who did, find it very dear to them and tend to over quote.
Anyway, please do shoot me a PM if you get a good idea of how much you want and ever come around to selling it. I am a huge fan of the Mitsubishi and have even come around to convincing my Dad about a used one. I told myself I'd wait for a good one and the wait is turning out to be a really long one :P

Last edited by IshaanIan : 29th June 2013 at 10:50.
Old 29th June 2013, 11:51   #7583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I am getting a offer:
2012 march Wagon-R VXI ran 24,000kms with Company service. asking price Rs 3.7 Lakhs. How much is it worth paying? the car is used by a techie who commutes 45kms daily. kindly suggest a good price.
Hello DC,
3.7L seems like a very good price. Why is the seller selling in just a year? I hope this car has not seen some accidents. Do check the service history. Try to bring the price to 3.5L to sweeten the deal.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Hi all, how much would a silver color used Lxi Baleno of 2007 model from a 3rd owner with 57,000kms on the odo with sound mechanicals and decent exteriors fetch?
Hello PH,
Around 1.25-1.5L is what I'll give for this car considering that the prices in South India are higher.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
2006 Maruti Baleno Vxi. Has run only 36,000km (authentic). Changed the tyres (Bridgestone) at 35,000 to get the 'new' look. Vehicle is in excellent condition. Very neat interiors and exteriors. Comes with all the regular, power steering, windows, ICE, AC stuff. Vehicle registered in Kerala. How much can one expect? As far I know, a 2006 Baleno would cost anywhere between 1.6 to 1.8 in Kerala, but given that the car is as good as new, is it worth more?.
Hello DWF,
The ideal price to pay for a car is " What you are comfortable to pay!!"
Since you say that the car is in a very good condition you can pay a max 25K's above the market price.
BTW, how much is the seller quoting?

Regards,
Varun
Old 29th June 2013, 12:01   #7584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I don't know how much you can expect for Cedia, people quote anything between 2-6 lakhs for their Cedias. I even came across a man trying to shift a 2006, 80k kms cedia for 5lakhs albeit in really good condition, it has however been in the market now for 2 months with not much interest. The Cedia is a very potent machine and since very few bought it, the ones who did, find it very dear to them and tend to over quote.
Anyway, please do shoot me a PM if you get a good idea of how much you want and ever come around to selling it. I am a huge fan of the Mitsubishi and have even come around to convincing my Dad about a used one. I told myself I'd wait for a good one and the wait is turning out to be a really long one :P
5L for a 7 year old Cedia
A bhpian recently came across a 2006 Cedia going for around 1.5L in NCR.
Old 29th June 2013, 12:36   #7585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I came across this add some 3 months back. Even went and saw the car. It kind of looked ok.
Thank you so much Mohit. It's a lot more information than I ever hoped for . I am not able to get in touch with the owner. Will be a great help if you could send me the contact details. Did you see the car at Kolkata?

I also have a feeling that there must be some thing behind the below market pricing. But again, this is mouth watering enough to warrant a closer look.
Old 29th June 2013, 13:09   #7586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you so much Mohit. It's a lot more information than I ever hoped for . I am not able to get in touch with the owner. Will be a great help if you could send me the contact details. Did you see the car at Kolkata?

I also have a feeling that there must be some thing behind the below market pricing. But again, this is mouth watering enough to warrant a closer look.
Yup the car is in Kolkata. Rather was in Kolkata when I checked last. I didn't personally see the car but sent a friend in Kolkata to see it. He said it had collected some dust and appeared to be parked in the same spot for sometime. You can get the contact details from carwale itself. I don't have them with me now. Do check it out thoroughly before putting in your money.
Old 29th June 2013, 15:22   #7587
BHPian

Hi,

Just came out looking at a used 2012 XUV500, W8 (pearl white) that has done a little over 20K and in excellent condition. The final price on the offer is 13lacs. I was wondering if this a good price to close the deal? need to confirm by EOD today. Any pointers is helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 29th June 2013, 15:35   #7588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Hi,

Just came out looking at a used 2012 XUV500, W8 (pearl white) that has done a little over 20K and in excellent condition. The final price on the offer is 13lacs. I was wondering if this a good price to close the deal? need to confirm by EOD today. Any pointers is helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Hello RS1,
Seems like a decent price considering that's it's a 2012 model in Banglore!! Do check for brake grinding noise & the "now" famous left/right pulling steering!!

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 15:45   #7589
Distinguished - BHPian

HOW much for a June 2004 crv, at, with 59k on the odo?
The registration is Delhi .
Old 29th June 2013, 15:52   #7590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello RS1,
Seems like a decent price considering that's it's a 2012 model in Banglore!! Do check for brake grinding noise & the "now" famous left/right pulling steering!!

Regards,
Varun
Thanks for the quick response. I also thought it's a decent price. Will definitely check for those issues and also would need to check for a recall that MM did sometime back for few part replacements.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks