Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:29   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
Hi, can someone throw light on this?
Somewhere around 4L. Year 2010 would make it a 4 year old car. Make it your USP. 'H' badge and a decent engine, reliability, great resale (earlier reasons) would make it difficult to make it sub 3.75 - 4L.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:42   #1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunChaser View Post
Guys cant make up my mind.. i'm gettin a 2005 Skoda Rs(I've always wanted one) which has done about 22k kms! at around 6 a lil nego.. Is it a wise decision to give up my Honda Accord for it?? And if anyone could help me sell my accord, cuz the dealers rip you off knowing the fact that you are looking at buying another car..
The details are..
2006 Honda Accord, Black, single owner and done genuine 80k kms with complete service record, comprehensive insurance valid till feb 2010.. its in mint condition with no scratches and dents or accidents.. whats a fair price i can expect?
I just bought a 2004 Dec A/T Accord which has done 60000 kms for 6 Lakhs. Im not sure how good or a bad price that is but i bought it because it was a friends car and i knew it had not been badly damaged and was reasonably well maintained.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:42   #1143
BHPian

Used car selling advice - Fiat Palio 1.6

So I guess I'll need to let the PocketRocket go. Yea, thats the face I've been walking around with the past two days. Its a realistic thing to do considering the next steps in family life. Anyways, wanted to understand from our fellow BHPians, what route do you usually go when selling a car? Used car dealer, private party sale or just post it in a free-ad magazine / online? Its run 20000 Kms and its in perfect condition. I am tempted to give T-BHP first dibs.

God, this is heart-wrenching. :(
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:47   #1144
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

TBHP is a good idea because genuine car enthusiasts flock here.
Next in order of priority should be private party sale via Free-Ad magazine/ online posting.
Last is used car dealer because you wont get a good price.
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:01   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
what route do you usually go when selling a car?
I got a good price when I listed my new look Fiat Siena 1.6 for sale in an online free classified site. A big NO if you are planning to approach dealers - that too for selling a Fiat - you are assured to get a trivial price if you take this route.

So, try all the online means to sell it off (including team bhp). And, Bangalore people are used to the online ads, so you will get a good response.
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:05   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Prem,

How could you let this love affair go away?
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:06   #1147
BHPian

hey .. wats the price you are looking at..
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:42   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
Folks - what would be a good price for NHC Gxi, 2006 model with ~35K on the odo? Car is in pretty good condition. TBHP classifieds section has an ad from the seller for NHC Vtec with ~65K on odo for 5.75l
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Somewhere around 4L. Year 2010 would make it a 4 year old car. Make it your USP. 'H' badge and a decent engine, reliability, great resale (earlier reasons) would make it difficult to make it sub 3.75 - 4L.
Thank you prince. Carwale has some pretty high prices for this mileage. Wonder if they are real or inflated so much. What do you think? (We are discussing Bangalore, forgot to mention in the original request)
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:49   #1149
BHPian

Is there a thread to help figure out the value of a used car?
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:36   #1150
Senior - BHPian

t-bhp/PUG would be good places to post ads.

If you possibly can, please consider keeping her instead. It appears that you are attached to her and she's just run 20 K.
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:34   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
Is there a thread to help figure out the value of a used car?
There is a thread for checking price of used cars. Carwale's pricecheck tool also gives a very good idea.
Old 2nd November 2009, 23:15   #1152
BHPian

Do post a ad on team-bhp classifieds section and ask for a realistic price.Iam sure you will sell her with in few days of posting.
Else you can post a ad on carwale.com or any other site.Do not go to dealers as they will offer you peanuts.

Before posting ads make sure that you clean and poslish the exteriors and interiors and get rid of small mechanical problems.
Get your papers in order.Do not commit to any buyer unless you are certain and always insist on token.
Do not give away the car if you have not recieved full payment.
Old 2nd November 2009, 23:22   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
So I guess I'll need to let the PocketRocket go. Yea, thats the face I've been walking around with the past two days. Its a realistic thing to do considering the next steps in family life. Anyways, wanted to understand from our fellow BHPians, what route do you usually go when selling a car? Used car dealer, private party sale or just post it in a free-ad magazine / online? Its run 20000 Kms and its in perfect condition. I am tempted to give T-BHP first dibs.

God, this is heart-wrenching. :(
GTO's thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...car-india.html should be a good starting point for you to figure out the basics.

Also, you have a PM.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:03   #1154
BHPian

The Palio

Hi
If you want to sell your car don't be desperate, tell your mechanic, friends circle and the many on-line options. If you have the patience try a news paper ad, if you are in a hurry. Carwale is good initially to get some idea of the price but the definition of fair good and excellent with dealer and party pricing is very vast.Also most of the cars listed in Carwale is of some dealer who has knocked down the price to half and the other is a paid service and I tell you if you try to sell at the valuations of the site by paying money it never gets sold I have tried and also the site will not reveal the sellers contact details without the buyer paying if it is listed freely.
My suggestion to you is if you feel you want to sell a car as its popularity and price is sliding down have no attachments, it may have done less mileage but some months down the line spares, maintenance and price will be the issue. So friend do tell us about your experiences.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:02   #1155
BHPian

right price for 1.3 exi OHC

On the similiar lines :

Hi,

Posting this thread with latest details.

Its been long time I was in search and trying to get hold of OHC type II (2000 -2003 models). My wish list included Heather Mist color (best color per me for OHC), single owner, preferably driven less than 50k, that's it.
Finally have come across a Single owner 1.3 Exi OHC/2002 June model/25k km driven/comp insure -June 2010/Heather Mist color/bangalore registration.

Its in stock condition, even the casette stereo player is still there.
Car I felt and per se I believe is geniune 25k km run, since the brake while I felt firm for that km, and tyres also said so.

Anyway that I will confirm from a mechanic, if possible Honda guy only and rest all including suspension, if any thing hit from bottom or hit on gearbox and oil sump.

No body dents and blemishes, except a small dot on left front door caused by some two wheeler and little paint touch required on left portion of front bumper.

Now coming to most juicy part, money matters.

Owner has been mostly abroad, so only the less km driven. Asking price was 4 lakh, and now as a final offer is 3 lakh, else he plans to take it to mumbai.

I initially quoted 2.75 lakh. But he will give it for nothing less than 3 lakh, while I called him last sunday. Should I go ahead and buy this, eyes shut as Honda guys say.

Honda lovers, admirers, exclusive and proud honda owners, I don't know its been a craze to get a OHC from the time I knew about honda engines, rev's, 90 -100 bhp at your disposal, I been madly in love for OHC.

I prank for my mad towards Honda, rather thank T BHP for all that information I got regarding Honda.

So let me know what should be a right offer assuming that 25k km is genuine, which I will confirm from Honda guys.

Before that appreciate your valuable suggestions, comments and the correct offer I should be paying for this car.

Additional Info needed :

1. Can we retro fit body colored side beeding on the door. Its black on 1.3 OHC models. Body colored looks great.
2. Can we change the door handles to body color, it enhances the look.
3. Chrome beeding on the door frames (seen only on 1.5 OHC and Vtecs'), can we fit this into 1.3 OHC's.

Thanks
prsn

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks