Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2013, 15:28   #7276
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, a few pages back, I had posted a query regarding buying a used Civic. I am still looking for a nice Civic.

Meanwhile, do you think I should wait for the Ecosport? The base petrol may cost 6.5 on road. I am somehow happy about the fact that the Civic is more powerful, has an A/T with paddle shifts and is a bigger car but the ES will be a brand new car, looks fresher, has much better GC and has lots of features to offer.
I was in the exact dilemma till a month back. I wanted a Pre-Owned Civic A/T ever since I saw it in the USA when it was just launched there. However the hype behind the launch of Ford Ecosport had me sit up and take notice. I read all the reviews and ogled on the photos. However when a fellow bhpian posted the photos of the 'mini SUV' which was on display at a mall I was really disappointed.

However the thought of owning a new car vs owning a used car had me thinking about it a lot. Finally my heart won
I decided to book a Pre-Owned Civic A/T last week. Got it checked from Honda service and after a test drive decided to go ahead with the car. I am fully aware that I may face some issues with this car during my ownership, the fuel bills will also be high and it may cost a lot for its replacement parts. Not to mention the parking woes with such a big car (I have a Wagon-R)

But you only live once. I want to own this dream car, drive it till the time it starts giving me expensive problems, which I hope will be later than sooner, and then sell it off.
Derezzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 18:33   #7277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Thx Saketa, the final offer given to me is 28 lacs , however I have asked him to lower it down to 27 lacs.
Given that I will be taking a BSI package for 5 years - do I need to get overly worried if the car has been abused during test drives? ( aren't these German cars meant to be pushed hard on the pedal?)
Seek ur views & advice
Cheers Sid
Will this test car be first owner or will you be buying it as second hand? In case it is the latter, I would definitely not recommend it. There is no doubt that BSI does really help limit your financial liability , but the fact remains that for the short time I had owned my E90 320d I happened to experience a perpetual squeaking sound in my brakes which was just downright annoying and this one time at a traffic signal it suddenly refused to shift into D saying transmission failure. Although I didnt have to pay a penny for either of the two issues I still lost 4 days of running up and down faridabad to the BMW showroom trying to explain to them what happened.

Mind you, this was a completely new German car and having been a proud Honda owner (City, civic , accord) all of which have never given me a problem in half a decade, I wasnt impressed by German reliability. Moreover the indifference shown by BMW in terms of coming to pick up car immediately as well as their responsiveness in general was not even half as good as my experience with Ace Honda in Noida. I'm guessing I wasn't exactly their first priority customer so that could have played a part.

But this could be a purely one-off experience as most other threads on the e90 320d have had more than satisfying experiences. So I would definitely recommend being more patient and waiting about, car sales arent going to increase any time soon so dont be pushed into anything. Wait for a couple of months if you have to but make sure you strike an amazing deal. Luxo germans are depreciation disasters so I'm sure you will find some good ones if you look hard enough.

Cheers

Last edited by saketa : 12th May 2013 at 18:35. Reason: grammar
saketa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 23:13   #7278
BHPian

How much would a 2007-2008 ford endeavour tdci 4x2 cost in Mumbai??

I checked car wale's used car valuation just to get an idea and got a estimate of 7 to 7.5 lakhs for 2008 models in excellent condition.I know these prices are indicative but seeing 2007 models being quoted for 8.5 lakhs(on carwale) I wonder if i would be able to get a 2008 model for 8 lakhs(max budget) after negotiation(possible at all)

I not looking to buy one right now but dad is planning on getting either a scorpio or an endeavour(my favourite!) in 2 to 3 months time so just checking around since second hand endeavours are very hard to come by here in Goa.
Old 13th May 2013, 08:38   #7279
Senior - BHPian

Howm much should one pay for the following cars:

1) Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 emotion pack, Aug 2011, run 20K kms and Mumbai registered. Owner asking for 5.9L
2) Ford Figo Titanium Diesel, April 2012 run 18.8K kms, Thane registered. owner asking for 6L.
Old 13th May 2013, 11:00   #7280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
How much would a 2007-2008 ford endeavour tdci 4x2 cost in Mumbai??
Hello Rambo,
I believe that the TDCi version of the Endy was launched in mid 2007. This model can be had for around 8-8.25L, if you look hard & be persistent. However I presume, all these models would have done more than 50K's on the odo.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Howm much should one pay for the following cars:

1) Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 emotion pack, Aug 2011, run 20K kms and Mumbai registered. Owner asking for 5.9L
2) Ford Figo Titanium Diesel, April 2012 run 18.8K kms, Thane registered. owner asking for 6L.
Hello Girish,
Don't tell me you're selling off the Fiesta!!
To answer your question,
Fiat GP - A fair price would be around the 5-5.25L mark.

Ford Figo - Again, a fair price would be around the 5-5.25L mark.

Check the insurance for claims before sealing the deals!!

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 11:36   #7281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Girish,
Don't tell me you're selling off the Fiesta!!
Hi Varun,

Unfortunately yes, fortunately its still in the family. The culprit is my brother in law (my mistake of letting him drive the Fiesta to Powai on the T-BHP meet day). Thanks for the suggestions.

Actually wanted to start a thread but thought otherwise. IMO the only car which can replace the Fiesta is the Punto (correct me if I am wrong)
Old 13th May 2013, 12:22   #7282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hello Girish,

Greetings.

Frankly speaking I will not suggest paying more than Rs. 5 lacs for both the cars you have mentioned (Fiat Grande Punto Aug 2011 & Ford Figo Apr 2012).

Rather than paying more than Rs. 5 lacs for these used cars, I will suggest to go for a new car instead. Also with rising diesel prices, expect discounts / schemes on new diesel hatchbacks very soon.

Thanks,
Old 13th May 2013, 12:40   #7283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Frankly speaking I will not suggest paying more than Rs. 5 lacs for both the cars you have mentioned (Fiat Grande Punto Aug 2011 & Ford Figo Apr 2012).

Rather than paying more than Rs. 5 lacs for these used cars, I will suggest to go for a new car instead. Also with rising diesel prices, expect discounts / schemes on new diesel hatchbacks very soon.
Hi Jignesh,

Thanks for the valuable suggestion. I have been doing the maths of paying 7.5L+ for a new car vs 5L for an used car, havent come to any concrete solution as of yet. None of the new diesel cars have any discounts on them barring the Free Insurance & extended warranty sorts. Keeping my plans open though.
Old 13th May 2013, 12:46   #7284
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari 2007 LX, 60k kms done, ok condition
asking price 5.2 L

what should be the acceptabel price for this?
Old 13th May 2013, 13:40   #7285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Tata Safari 2007 LX, 60k kms done, ok condition
asking price 5.2 L

what should be the acceptabel price for this?
Hello SD,
Around 4.25-4.5L seems a fair price. Do you really want to go for a car with OK condition?

Regards,
Varun.
Old 13th May 2013, 13:58   #7286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello SD,
Around 4.25-4.5L seems a fair price. Do you really want to go for a car with OK condition?
Thanks for the price confirmation. Sorry, I forgot to mention I was asking for a friend.

I have one car "two" many already. Maybe an upgrade in a year or two if the pocket permits
Old 15th May 2013, 13:37   #7287
BHPian

Need help to figure out the proper valuation of these 2 cars ( might buy one of them)
  1. Tata Manza: QJET: ELAN: 2011 Sept: 21000 Kms: Single Owner: Zero dep insurance: No Accessories installed: price 6.4 lakh
  2. Ford Figo: Diesel: Titanium: 2011 June: 18000 Kms: Single owner: price 5.25 lakh ( Negotiable)
No accidental history for both cars, Will inspect these cars physically.

Last edited by shabahmad : 15th May 2013 at 13:39.
Old 15th May 2013, 14:28   #7288
BHPian

How much should I pay for the following car in Mumbai?
July 2008 Honda City ZX CVT
1st Owner
Done 24000 KM

The car is available with a dealer.
Old 15th May 2013, 14:37   #7289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
How much should I pay for the following car in Mumbai?
July 2008 Honda City ZX CVT
1st Owner
Done 24000 KM

The car is available with a dealer.
Dont pay more than 2.75 - 3 Lacs IMO. My friend sold his well maintained 2006 Honda City for 3 Lacs some time back. But Mumbai cars generally has less value as those gets corroded more than any other cities. Make sure that mileage of 24 K is genuine.
Old 15th May 2013, 14:54   #7290
Team-BHP Support

What would be a good price for my wagon r vxi, 2004 model.
I bought it in 2006 with 14500 kms.
Today its at 75000.

Mileage its at 13 kmpl.
Full service history.

Xm1 Tires were replaced in 2011. Some 15000 kms added after that.

Last edited by bblost : 15th May 2013 at 14:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks