Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2014, 21:28   #9631
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I second this. I doubt that the car was involved in an accident wherin the airbags deployed and the car was destroyed so much that the insurance company went for a total loss, or worsr, insurance didn't bear the losses and the car is being sold after doing all the repair work but the airbag module, as it costs just way too much. My friend's i20 is totalled and the service person said it costed 1.4 Lakh. :O
The saving grace here is that our friend has been informed of the absence of airbags in the car. Its not too difficult to pass off cars with missing modules to gullible buyers without making any admissions.
I've seen people ignoring the tell tale lights on the dash when inspecting their prospective purchases, and most of the roadside mechanics have no clue what they might indicate or the financial repercussions thereof.
Old 31st July 2014, 23:40   #9632
BHPian

Thank you to all friends who have responded to my query.The sa hasn't called me back,lets see his response and then I will decide.Now i'm in look out for another AT city.But I'm not in a hurry so will wait for the right car.

Though someone has pointed it right that if dashboard has been changed why there is a need to replace the steeering.
Old 1st August 2014, 21:31   #9633

Greetings,
For what price should I buy a 2007 model Swift VXI with 48,000 km on the Odo, 3rd owner, with the insurance being lapsed? The car is in a good condition with alloy wheels, new tyre, sub woofer and alarm security.
Also how much will I have to spend on getting the insurance renewed ?
Old 2nd August 2014, 12:04   #9634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrajith_s View Post
Greetings,
For what price should I buy a 2007 model Swift VXI with 48,000 km on the Odo, 3rd owner, with the insurance being lapsed? The car is in a good condition with alloy wheels, new tyre, sub woofer and alarm security.
Its an 7 year old car given high resale in Bangalore I say 2 to 2.3 lakhs. I have seen in Bangalore even a 5 year old Santro selling for 1.8 lakhs
Old 2nd August 2014, 19:03   #9635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
When a used car is sold, ideally the seller is not supposed to remove anything. He had purchased it for some 25k, it doesn't mean it is worth 25k now.
I don't know this particular seller but I've seen people doing lateral upgrades putting a price premium (without depreciation) for costly ICE setup. This is primarily because the music system would be a direct fit in his next purchase, unlike other accessories like alloys.

In their defense, even if their current music system has depreciated in price, it is still perfectly fine and in most cases, it would serve them well for another 5-6 years. If they are buying another used car with a mediocre ICE, they would end up spending the same 25k again to setup ICE if they give away the current ICE. So, unless the buyer is willing to give a reasonable amount for the ICE setup, he has every right to take it out of the equation. It depends on how good the buyer is in negotiating another 4-5k off the price due to a missing ICE since a regular ICE is part of the usual going rate.

One of my friends had swapped his high end ICE from his Alto before selling it off with the regular one he got when he bought a used Swift as the replacement.
Old 2nd August 2014, 19:24   #9636
BHPian

Given that you will be the third owner of the car you should be able to seal the deal within 2Lacs. Since the car is fitted with new tires, you may not need to spend on new shoes after acquisition of the car. If the car has full service history then the quoted price may shoot upto 10-15k. Get the car properly evaluated by a good mechanic. Swift in general has a very high resale value specially in Bangalore, Pune and Chennai. Do let us know about your final decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrajith_s View Post
Greetings,
Old 2nd August 2014, 22:10   #9637
BHPian

Looking to sell my 2010 Wagon R (K-Series) Lxi version with 37k KMs on the odo at Pune (I am the 1st owner)
What should be the price I should quote to buyers. If I take sell it to Maruti True Value what would they offer me? The car is in very good condition with no scratches etc.
Old 2nd August 2014, 22:21   #9638
BHPian

If your car is in good condition, you can expect at max 2Lac. Then again, I would request the esteemed members of this august forum to give you a close figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post
Looking to sell my 2010 Wagon R (K-Series) Lxi version with 37k KMs on the odo at Pune (I am the 1st owner)
What should be the price I should quote to buyers. If I take sell it to Maruti True Value what would they offer me? The car is in very good condition with no scratches etc.
Old 2nd August 2014, 23:24   #9639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
If your car is in good condition, you can expect at max 2Lac. Then again, I would request the esteemed members of this august forum to give you a close figure.
max 2L for a K series Wagon-R? I don't think so mate.
I have seen many 2010-2011 models offered in the range of 2.5L to 3L.
Old 2nd August 2014, 23:45   #9640
BHPian

Used car market in Kolkata is a bit on the lower side particularly with Petrol ones. I have however seen alto's and wagon-r's selling at steep prices in Chennai and Bangalore. It varies from city to city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post
max 2L for a K series Wagon-R? I don't think so mate.
I have seen many 2010-2011 models offered in the range of 2.5L to 3L.
Old 3rd August 2014, 01:02   #9641
BHPian

I am getting a used VW Vento - Diesel Highline - December 2012 with 10k on the odometer for 8 lakhs. Is it a good deal?
Old 3rd August 2014, 01:41   #9642

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
Given that you will be the third owner of the car you should be able to seal the deal within 2Lacs. Since the car is fitted with new tires, you may not need to spend on new shoes after acquisition of the car. If the car has full service history then the quoted price may shoot upto 10-15k. Get the car properly evaluated by a good mechanic. Swift in general has a very high resale value specially in Bangalore, Pune and Chennai. Do let us know about your final decision.
Thank you !
And yes I will definitely let you know my final decision
Old 3rd August 2014, 01:45   #9643

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Its an 7 year old car given high resale in Bangalore I say 2 to 2.3 lakhs. I have seen in Bangalore even a 5 year old Santro selling for 1.8 lakhs
Thank you for the advice !
Old 3rd August 2014, 09:42   #9644
BHPian

What should be the value of my 2006 corolla. Done 105000 kms. CNG fitted. Two new tyres. been a maintenance free vehicle. Single owner. Located in UP.
Old 3rd August 2014, 10:37   #9645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant jain View Post
What should be the value of my 2006 corolla. Done 105000 kms. CNG fitted. Two new tyres. been a maintenance free vehicle. Single owner. Located in UP.
UP prices are not that good, so i guess you should try to get at least 2.5-2.75L. BTW even i have a 2003 at Bangalore, its running on petrol done 1.64 L kms and major spending came only at 1.5 L kms onwards, that too not much, its a good car why not retain it, finding a replacement for a car like that is difficult. I have seen a 2003 corolla taxi which has done 6 L kms here in Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks