Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2015, 13:13   #10576
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Saw this one at a Toyota used car outlet

Model - 1.8L PETROL H2 (2006)
Owner - technically 2nd as it was on company lease
odo - 134xxx
Quote - 3.55l

It drove well, suspension seemed good, engine sounded perfect, the Yoko S drives looked recent, body had some dinks dents and the paint was less than perfect.

Thoughts on price? Also, how can one tell accidental damage, didnt spot anything amiss in the engine bay, the front bumper was repainted (could tell by the run off near the front left hand side fender)
Try negotiating to 3.15 Lac or so. 3.55 Lac is a high price even if the car is in excellent condition. With a limited budget, you can settle for a Fiesta instead. This way you can get a better condition newer car, which will help while selling also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkudva View Post
I am looking to sell my December 2010 Ford Fiesta Petrol. 1.6 Exi. It has run about 41500 kms and I have replaced tyres and battery this year. Any help on what is a fair asking price?
Thanks
You shall be looking at around 3.2 Lac for selling to an individual and around 3 Lac for selling to a dealer, provided that the car is mechanically sound.

PS. abkudva can sell his Fiesta to hothatchaway straightaway!
Old 11th July 2015, 18:43   #10577
BHPian

I've a maximum budget of 4.4 lac, for a used petrol sedan. I come from an Indigo TDI and in the chronological order, I'm inclined towards the following-
  • New Fiesta Petrol - A 2011 model, 38000 kilometer driven car is on sale and the asking price is 4.7 lac. I've not seen this car yet, but am told that it is in black color and has noticeable scratches. I read a lot of criticism on the 1.5L petrol, however the fuel economy is said to be good.
  • Fiesta Classic - A 2009, 61000 kilometer run car is on sale and the asking price is 3 lac. The car looks to be in pristine condition (inside and outside). I might need to replace its battery and spend on setting the ICE right.
  • Honda Civic - A 2010, 50000 kilometer run car is offered for sale at Rs 4.5 lac. This car is also maintained well, but since the Civic is discontinued I am not willing to go ahead for it. Also, the GC is a concern.
Please deconfuse me
Old 11th July 2015, 19:29   #10578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I've a maximum budget of 4.4 lac, for a used petrol sedan. I come from an Indigo TDI and in the chronological order, I'm inclined towards the following-
  • New Fiesta Petrol - A 2011 model, 38000 kilometer driven car is on sale and the asking price is 4.7 lac. I've not seen this car yet, but am told that it is in black color and has noticeable scratches. I read a lot of criticism on the 1.5L petrol, however the fuel economy is said to be good.
  • Fiesta Classic - A 2009, 61000 kilometer run car is on sale and the asking price is 3 lac. The car looks to be in pristine condition (inside and outside). I might need to replace its battery and spend on setting the ICE right.
  • Honda Civic - A 2010, 50000 kilometer run car is offered for sale at Rs 4.5 lac. This car is also maintained well, but since the Civic is discontinued I am not willing to go ahead for it. Also, the GC is a concern.
Please deconfuse me
Had GC not been a concern to you, I would have suggested Civic. If fiesta classic is a diesel, go for it. You will save big in fuel charges over the period of time.

Having said that, allow me to confuse you more . Fiesta 1.5 petrol is not as good as Rocam 1.6 lower down the RPM, but its not frustratingly slow either. Just that, if you are used to turbo charged cars, linear acceleration of an NA engine may not excite you.

I would say TD all three and take a call.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 20:09   #10579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I've a maximum budget of 4.4 lac, for a used petrol sedan. Please deconfuse me
I would suggest look at Corolla Altis, it is one car which will keep you happy as compared to all others in the list. With much better mileage than those. But make sure you get one which is well looked after. Believe me you will not regret this decision. I have a lovely 2003 Corolla which has crossed 1.7L kms, and I am still very happy with it. Its cost of maintenance is cheaper than the Santro i had earlier!
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 22:16   #10580
vdm
BHPian

I would like to know how much should I pay for an Ex army gypsy 2003 model with mpfi engine, a/c, power steering, winch, spacers with extra broad tyres, bodyline is good. The seller is quoting 5 lacs. Is it worth? Kindly help.
Old 12th July 2015, 21:41   #10581
BHPian

I have a 2006 Hyundai Getz GLS which I am looking to sell. I approached a Hyundai dealership and inquired, and he said I could get only INR 60,000! I've done only about 37000kms on it and it has a little visual wear and tear and some water leakage issues. Other than that, the car runs perfectly fine. What price would be the right price for my car? Also, if it helps, I've replaced all four tube tyres with tubeless Apollo Amazer XLs.

Would appreciate some inputs from the seniors here. Cheers.
Old 12th July 2015, 21:53   #10582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm View Post
I would like to know how much should I pay for an Ex army gypsy 2003 model with mpfi engine, a/c, power steering, winch, spacers with extra broad tyres, bodyline is good. The seller is quoting 5 lacs. Is it worth? Kindly help.
5L seems too much (at least to me, with my limited knowledge on Gypsy)
Incase if you are interested there is a Govt auctioned Gypsy (1996 model, TN37G reg) available near Ramanathapuram (to be precise, near Manu hospital, Sungam) Owner is quoting 1.5L (negotiable)

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 12th July 2015 at 21:56.
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 22:08   #10583
vdm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
5L seems too much (at least to me, with my limited knowledge on Gypsy)
Incase if you are interested there is a Govt auctioned Gypsy (1996 model, TN37G reg) available near Ramanathapuram (to be precise, near Manu hospital, Sungam) Owner is quoting 1.5L (negotiable)
Thanks a lot Mr.Boss, even I thought so the price was on the higher side. Just to get an opinion if I am not going wrong, I had posted it. Thanks a lot for the offer for 1996 gypsy, But that might not be MPFI engine & I am looking for that & above 2000 model.
What do you think the exact price for the gypsy what I have written about? Your suggestions would be of great help.
Old 12th July 2015, 22:50   #10584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
I have a 2006 Hyundai Getz GLS which I am looking to sell. I approached a Hyundai dealership and inquired, and he said I could get only INR 60,000! I've done only about 37000kms on it and it has a little visual wear and tear and some water leakage issues. Other than that, the car runs perfectly fine. What price would be the right price for my car? Also, if it helps, I've replaced all four tube tyres with tubeless Apollo Amazer XLs.

Vivekh,

I am saddened to see the price quoted by the dealer. Dealers generally undercut their acquisition costs though, and maybe you could get at least 40k more if you bag a private buyer.
One caveat - my assumption is that discontinued models don't fetch high resale values.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 10:56   #10585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a 2006 Hyundai Getz GLS which I am looking to sell. I approached a Hyundai dealership and inquired, and he said I could get only INR 60,000! I've done only about 37000kms on it and it has a little visual wear and tear and some water leakage issues. Other than that, the car runs perfectly fine. What price would be the right price for my car?

My neighbour had a Similar vintage Getz. Single hand driven, almost scratch less. No dents. It had a suspension overhaul pending. He could fetch 70 for it.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:02   #10586
BHPian

Quote:

Since your car has done only 37k kms, try NOT to sell and keep it for some more time, with some modifications to keep you involved. Why? Model year matters while selling. If your Getz had done 80k kms in these 9 years, you would have got a similar price (slightly less). Try selling to an individual buyer as he only would understand how well you have kept the car, which he would be using after you (and not making quick buck after a resale).

By the way, 60k is too less. If the car is mechanically sound (assuming so because it has done only 37k kms) and looks visually alright, expect somewhere around 1.3-1.4 Lac if selling to an individual. The value is being hit by the '9 year old' tag. I advice you to be very strict on the price and not go below 1.1 Lac.
Nik2772 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:28   #10587
CPJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPJ View Post
  1. Model: Honda City ZX Gxi (IDSi).
  2. No of Owners:2 (Actually we have car with us from day 1,it was my father in laws company car, then it got transferred in his name and then finally to my wife's name).
  3. Month & Year of Purchase: May 2006
  4. Kms Done: 105100
  5. Service History: Good
  6. Accidental History: It was Rear ended by a car once. Repaired at Honda Authorised Service Centre.
  7. Current Location: Pune
  8. Colour: White
  9. Insurance Valid Till: May 2016
Hi Team,
Need your inputs urgently regarding a fair price for the car as I'm planning to sell the car soon.
Thanks.
Old 13th July 2015, 11:56   #10588
BHPian

@CPJ:

The value should be around 1.6 to 1.8 Lac depending on the bodywork and mechanical condition.

PS. Won't it be a 3rd owner car? 1st owner - company, 2nd - father-in-law, 3rd - wife? Correct me if I am wrong. I don't have much knowledge in this aspect.
Nik2772 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:16   #10589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Had GC not been a concern to you, I would have suggested Civic. If fiesta classic is a diesel, go for it. You will save big in fuel charges over the period of time.

Having said that, allow me to confuse you more . Fiesta 1.5 petrol is not as good as Rocam 1.6 lower down the RPM, but its not frustratingly slow either. Just that, if you are used to turbo charged cars, linear acceleration of an NA engine may not excite you.

I would say TD all three and take a call.
  • Will not be buying a diesel this time. With diesels, family rule is buy only new, no used diesel car. And right now, the budget does not permit one
  • I am told that 2010 Civics have a higher GC than previous year models (don't know GC figures of both). Actually, I don't know much about the Civic as it was never a choice.
  • Coming onto the weak low end of the Fiesta, my Indigo was the same below 2000 rpm. I think this opinion that the Fiesta is slow lower down the range, is in direct comparison with the Classic's punch, which is to the enthusiast's taste. So for the average driver out there, the Fiesta should pose no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
I would suggest look at Corolla Altis, it is one car which will keep you happy as compared to all others in the list. With much better mileage than those. But make sure you get one which is well looked after. Believe me you will not regret this decision. I have a lovely 2003 Corolla which has crossed 1.7L kms, and I am still very happy with it. Its cost of maintenance is cheaper than the Santro i had earlier!
Interesting option here, thanks for that . Will check if there is any with the dealer.
Old 13th July 2015, 12:27   #10590
BHPian

What would be best price for

Ford Figo Petrol 1.2 EXI
2010 Model
Kms Driven is 19,500 kms
Registration - Bangalore
Single Owner
Few Minor Dents + Minor Scratches + Both the Mirrors needs replacements.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks