Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2012, 21:16   #166
BHPian

re: Lewis moving to Mercedes next Year. EDIT : Confirmed!

It would be a treat to the eyes to see schmi joining ferrari for the next year, perez was the most tipped man to join ferrari next year.

Massa is surely not going to continue with ferrari next year. Kimi will not switch to ferrari too because they dropped him out for alonso.

ferrari are better off switching to schmi for a year, they will make huge amount of money with the sponsorships schmi will give into the team, and you never know the red car might just suit the 7 time world champion driving style.
Old 28th September 2012, 23:03   #167
Senior - BHPian

I would be interested to see how rest of the season for McLaren unfolds. Hamilton is the only McLaren driver who has a chance of WDC, and it's important for him and Button to score for WCC. So interesting times ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Guess I should have got "Button"....:(
You do have Button! not one but three All you need to do is scratch Hamilton's name and draw an arrow pointing to Button.
(Sorry couldn't resist)
SilentEngine is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 23:10   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
Lewis to Mercedes and Perez to McLaren, implies that out of the top teams, at the most Ferrari (if they decide to drop Massa) will have a vacancy left.
Am not quite sure that Perez's driving style will suit McLaren.
Anyway, wishing the best to all of them.
So many theories emerging on the wake of this shake-up.

Perez had recently told he's not ready for a switch from Sauber when he was linked to Ferrari, but eventually he signed for Mclaren without uttering a word.

Schumacher has been tightlipped about his future, and has not indicated to Ross Brawn about his plans, if at all he had plans to retire, he would have informed and would have made things easier for Hamilton-Mercedes wedding, but NO, he's still tight lipped, and i just hope good lord allows the legend to open out during October.

Ferrari are not showing signs of signing a new driver in place of Massa, very well knowing he's certainly out of form, neither eying any other drivers on the grid for their next season, but its certain Massa is a definate casualty for 2013.

Just hope the Silly Season has some real good surprises in store for us

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/form...ri_116690.html

-AMEN
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 23:13   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine
I would be interested to see how rest of the season for McLaren unfolds. Hamilton is the only McLaren driver who has a chance of WDC, and it's important for him and Button to score for WCC. So interesting times ahead.

You do have Button! not one but three All you need to do is scratch Hamilton's name and draw an arrow pointing to Button.
(Sorry couldn't resist)
i have a feeling its going to be a last race,last corner decider.......suzuka ishtyle!

and the shirt,button?
that subtle and by the time i finish explaining the logic,people would be leaving the BIC!!
Old 29th September 2012, 00:01   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
It would be a treat to the eyes to see schmi joining ferrari for the next year, perez was the most tipped man to join ferrari next year.

Massa is surely not going to continue with ferrari next year. Kimi will not switch to ferrari too because they dropped him out for alonso.

ferrari are better off switching to schmi for a year, they will make huge amount of money with the sponsorships schmi will give into the team, and you never know the red car might just suit the 7 time world champion driving style.
Ferrari have almost confirmed Massa for next year. Recently Luca Di Montezemolo had said that Perez is not ready to switch to a team like Ferrari yet. In my opinion, they missed a great chance to have a future champ on their team. Afterall Perez was part of their young driver program. They will now have to groom Bianchi and will probably sign him up for Sauber next year.
The actual sequence of events was probably something like this :
Schumi says he will not decide his future till October --> Mercedes gets a bit nervous coz if Schumi decides to hang his boots in Oct, they will have to go with some second rate driver to partner Nico --> Mercedes makes contact with Lewis just in case--> Meanwhile Mclaren offers Lewis a deal which would mean he will earn less than what he is earning now --> Lewis starts talking tough with Mclaren, now that he has an open offer from Mercedes --> Mclaren contacts Perez, now that Ferrari said they will not have him for next year --> Mclaren is not willing to budge for Lewis, now that they have a fast guy willing to drive for them --> Lewis calls Mclaren's bluff and signs up with Mercedes --> Mclaren sign up Perez and make the announcement first to take the initiative from Lewis --> Schumi left with no drive and will most probably retire at the end of the season.

Last edited by Newpunter : 29th September 2012 at 00:06.
Old 29th September 2012, 07:59   #171
J.B
BHPian

I wish MS gets a win or atleast a podium this season to finish gracefully. I think he probably did not see this coming or he is not enjoying it anymore. Ross says he is uncertain about his future, which is interesting..

I guess McLaren owe this to Mercedes for takin JB from them when he was on top of his game.

Exciting times ahead in the midfield, I expect some movement in Sauber and Williams and may be Lotus too. Ferrari are probably left with no option, but to hang on to Massa.

Last edited by J.B : 29th September 2012 at 08:01.
Old 29th September 2012, 12:31   #172
mgh
BHPian

Don't know what McLaren were thinking when they offered Lewis a cut in pay.
Don't know what Ferrari were thinking when they said Perez was not ready for them for 2013.
In Perez, McLaren have at least got a driver who could be a top driver, if not next year, surely for the next few years.
It is to be seen whom Ferrari will take in place of Massa.
Old 29th September 2012, 14:20   #173
MCR
BHPian

Re: Lewis moving to Mercedes next Year. EDIT : Confirmed!

McLaren - Brilliant!
Ferrari - Stupid (if you continue with Massa)
Mercedes -

The Lewis - Mercedes deal is rumoured to be worth $100 Million USD. Shows Mercedes GP have lots of money. Or did they do some cost savings by replacing Schumacher with Lewis!
Old 29th September 2012, 15:23   #174
Senior - BHPian

Interesting move by Hamilton. McLaren have confirmed that they went out of the way to try and agree a deal, but in the end Hamilton might have wanted a change after nearly a decade and a half with McLaren. Was it for commercial reasons? Maybe. Will Mercedes give him a race winning car next year? Only time will tell.

McLaren have taken a gamble with Perez. They did the same when they signed Kimi from Sauber all those years ago and we all know how that turned out. Perez has the speed and McLaren are brilliant at nurturing drivers, unlike Ferrari, who prefer 'established' drivers who can deal with the 'pressure' of driving a Ferrari...yeah right.

Last edited by MaserQ : 29th September 2012 at 15:24.
MaserQ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2012, 18:44   #175
Senior - BHPian

Wow. News indeed and a shocker!
I'm quite sure, he would not have left McLaren if his dad was still advising him.

The hint to us should have been Mercedes signing the Concorde agreement a week ago, Lewis would never have moved if it had not been in place.

Mercedes are only paying him 3m pounds more, but ofcourse he will end up making much more through personal sponsorship which he could not at Mclaren. Not to forget, MS has a large chuck of his salary endorsing Mercedes auto (AMG ads etc)

Mercedes though, do have a robust technical team, apart from Ross Brawn they have Bob Bell (ex Renault), Geoff Willis (ex Honda/Red Bull/HRT) and Aldo Costa (ex Ferrari). So the ingredients are there to be win Championships.

Mercedes have gained what Mclaren have lost, on his driving skills and his ability to attract team sponsorship. Therefore, a smart move signing Perez. Quick as well 'rich'.

This is clearly not a move to keep only winning in mind. Especially when Mclaren have the quickest car at the moment.

Makes for interesting times ahead!
Old 29th September 2012, 20:52   #176
BHPian

It is rumored that Nico Hulkenberg will be replacing Massa :-0
Old 29th September 2012, 21:51   #177
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
It is rumored that Nico Hulkenberg will be replacing Massa :-0
Nico Hulkenberg still has a contract with Force India upto 2014.

So Massa might just have to find some team for 2013, does not look like his seat is secure at Ferrari at the moment, u can expect him to do a lot of mistakes out of frustrations in the coming races

http://blogs.bettor.com/Is-Ferrari-r...pecial-a191187

Its imperative that Schumi has to retire, but not like this. What we might see is. A Schumi with full steam out to prove his Mercedes Detractors wrong.

Prefer him going out with few more podiums, even if it has to be a couple this year or half a dozen next year (if he's still racing)

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 29th September 2012 at 21:55.
Old 30th September 2012, 21:15   #178
BHPian

Apparently Michael's indecision on if he wants to continue with Mercedes also paved the way for Hamilton move.

One cant blame MS either.Merc GP have been one confused bunch. First half they didnt plan any upgrades for the car and wanted to solve tyre degradation. Now they have new upgrades on the car without having a clue on their tyre degradation issues. I believe they didnt seem to have laid out a better plan with Michael.

Also I couldnt understand the "Lewis will do to Merc what Michael did to Ferrari" either.Ferrai was a team with pedigree.One cant say the same about Mercedes.Scratch a little and you see Brawn GP. Dig somemore you see Honda and get BAR Honda even deeper.But for the 3 WDC with Stewart - thats a huge gamble.

MS pulled it along with Ferrari with the wonderful team he had coupled with his hardwork and dedication. Lewis hasnt yet established clearly he has those virtues in the 5 years he has been around

.I belive only one positive aspect in all this. Countless times it had been said that Lewis would have a diff driver altogether had he worked his way up. Now we'l get to see that. With Merc GP fighting to stay 5th, he genuinely is moving to a mid level team.This will proove if he defly belongs to the big league or not
Old 30th September 2012, 21:51   #179
BHPian

Legends who retire, should never come back - sad moral of Schumi.
Old 30th September 2012, 22:56   #180
BHPian

I support Ferrari not getting Perez on board for 2013; makes complete sense.
They already have a number 1 : Alonso, so they just need a support driver. Perez is a homegrown talent, they know his worth and talent; they've done the right thing by letting a Big team nurture him further until the time the scarlet contract comes calling; which I don't think any driver on the grid would refuse.
Force India have clearly stated. that they're ready to free their drivers if other teams come calling, with enough cash. So Hulkenberg in red id still a probability, although very low. I strongly think Massa would hang on for just one last year.
MS, ahh, I really want him to get on the podium once more, just one final time, so that he can fade gracefully now. Don't want him racing for other mid fielders.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks