Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2012, 06:14   #121
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380
Looks like Lewis will replace Schumi at Merc. Dailymail declared this 2 hours back but decided to wait until some trustworthy paper confirmed.
Yes, I think it's now just a matter of timing the announcement. Probably a good decision for both parties - a fresh start for Lewis, and if McLaren can bring in Perez, nothing much should change for them.
Old 28th September 2012, 06:50   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Man,this is harsh.Only consolation is at least he's not pulling an Alonso/Kimi on us guys.
Drivers come and go, but McLaren is forever, I suppose.
Old 28th September 2012, 06:54   #123
Senior - BHPian

re: Lewis moving to Mercedes next Year. EDIT : Confirmed!

Looked around the usual sites for F1 news, none of the F1 mags are reporting anything on this topic yet. Its only the UK mags which talks about F1 only when there is something sensational
Old 28th September 2012, 07:20   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous

Don't worry, he could always replace Massa at Ferrari. They'd be interested in him. Worst case, since he's an amazing car developer, he'll be on a test driver role at Mercedes.
Ferrari are well on the way to confirm Massa for 2013. Schumi may well end up as a consultant at Mercedes.
Old 28th September 2012, 08:50   #125
BHPian

Don't know whether this is good news or bad news.. Lewis + Mclaren combo was really unmatchable.. It's not based on no of wins or something, but the combination and both trying give their best to each other.. Don't know whether he'll get that kind of a commitment or dedication from Mercedes.. I for one, would like to see Lewis sticking with Mclaren..
Old 28th September 2012, 10:17   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess I should have got "Button"....:(
Attached Thumbnails
Lewis moving to Mercedes next Year. EDIT : Confirmed!-dsc_0982.jpg  

Lewis moving to Mercedes next Year. EDIT : Confirmed!-dsc_0981.jpg  

Old 28th September 2012, 10:44   #127
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th September 2012 at 15:35.
neerajpv87 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th September 2012, 11:14   #128
Senior - BHPian

Still to be confirmed, but I guess he's decided to chase money. This decision (if made) sounds more like that it has come from the pussy cat doll he carries around rather than him. Anyway, don't really care much about him but would be a shame to see his talent go waste.

Mercedes won't be sending MS to another team. They know his brand value, and sending him elsewhere would mean losing that. There's no way Brawn or Haug would be prepared to do that. Personally, I would love to see him back at Ferrari. I am sure he can do a better job than Massa, plus we will all know how good/bad he is against a well known quantity - Alonso. But I am not sure either of them (MS & Alonso) would be looking forward to it.

Love the idea of Perez in a Mclaren. That would be his first real test. If he can beat Button over a season (without his setup problems), you know you have a potential WC at hand. On the other hand, Mclaren might want to keep their options open for 2014, in case Perez turns out to be a Kovalainen instead of a Hamilton.
Old 28th September 2012, 11:32   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
but I guess he's decided to chase money.
Or may be he wants to leave the so called baggage behind and start afresh like Schumi? He is so much better, (racing/carrying himself)* in 2012 compared to all previous years except 2007. Also I think relations between him and McLaren are somewhat sour.

*Except Twitgate
Old 28th September 2012, 11:43   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

I am a Hamilton fan, but a Mclaren one much before.
I honestly did not expect him to move after such a long time. But hey, we make switches for a small profile change, or some money, so he is not a god expected to behave differently.
You remember the supreme mcalren machinery from Kimi's time? where they were such good performers but so tightly strung, so on the edge, that there were constant DNFs for him.
When he retired at Monaco, with the rear panels catching fire, and walked back, I felt that him making a move would be understandable, but he went behind enemy lines() which was sort of unforgivable for any mclaren fan.
At least lewis is keeping it in the family, if only distant now.

Ah well, next year I shall get a mclaren only jersey. Hamilton at mercedes doesnt really offer any loyalty-based-tagging-along, for me at least. It will be just another driver who's moved out.

EDIT: Will still be cheering him on though.

Last edited by GTO : 28th September 2012 at 15:36. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 28th September 2012, 11:46   #131
BHPian

I feel its a good move. I am a Hamilton fan and I feel Lewis played a big role to take Mclaren where it is.Lewis should be able to take this to Mercedes and lift their spirits. He knows the tricks of Mclaren and with few other people moving to Mercedes along with Lewis I feel next season will be much better for Mercedes.
Old 28th September 2012, 11:57   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I feel its a good move. I am a Hamilton fan and I feel Lewis played a big role to take Mclaren where it is.Lewis should be able to take this to Mercedes and lift their spirits. He knows the tricks of Mclaren and with few other people moving to Mercedes along with Lewis I feel next season will be much better for Mercedes.
I doubt Lewis has any major role in McLaren's development. McLaren has been a great team even before Lewis joined them. They have been helped recently by Alonso and Ferrarigate (to what extent is debatable). Lewis has not reached the level of maturity yet where he can contribute to development of car/team, aka Alonso or Schumi.
Old 28th September 2012, 12:07   #133
Senior - BHPian

The Guardian confirms it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...ton-formulaone
Quote:
Lewis Hamilton set to leave McLaren to join Mercedes

• Driver will sign three-year deal with Germans
• Mercedes have won only one grand prix this season
Old 28th September 2012, 12:13   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I doubt Lewis has any major role in McLaren's development. McLaren has been a great team even before Lewis joined them. They have been helped recently by Alonso and Ferrarigate (to what extent is debatable). Lewis has not reached the level of maturity yet where he can contribute to development of car/team, aka Alonso or Schumi.
Wasnt Alonso part of the ferrarigate fiasco itself?
Old 28th September 2012, 12:17   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Wasnt Alonso part of the ferrarigate fiasco itself?
Alonso, Pedro De Larosa and the guy who joined Williams recently. My respect for Ron went down after this incident. He tried to blame everybody else for Ferrarigate but himself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks