Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 16:18   #256
BHPian

So sad and really feel bad that we, the Tiffosi's cannot see Schumi back in the Ferrari F1 car. Really, really sad about it. Damn, I need to try and kinds of Shandy's today.
Old 11th August 2009, 16:37   #257
BHPian

This is so sad ! August 23rd is just another date now, I'm not even sure if I want to watch the race anymore. The announcement that Schumi was returning & the ensuing euphoria & renewed interest just shows how important it is to have strong personalities in F1. It's back to Vettel, Webber, Hamilton, *yawn* *YAWN* *ZZZ...*
Old 11th August 2009, 16:46   #258
Senior - BHPian

And so dies the excitement generated here on TBHP.

Good decision by MS. He doesn't need to do anything to prove anything.
Old 11th August 2009, 17:04   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

This is so disappointing. I'm really really sad after reading this piece of news. All the excitement is gone again.
Old 11th August 2009, 18:14   #260
BHPian

Sad news.
I was planning to go outstation on that very weekend and I cancelled all my plans because I didnt wanted to miss the comeback of the master himself.
Old 11th August 2009, 18:19   #261
BHPian

sadness!! really hope he makes a comeback at a later stage, for one season at least! here's a CNN article confirming his pull out!

Injuries force Schumacher to call off F1 comeback - - SI.com
Old 11th August 2009, 19:01   #262
Senior - BHPian

Biggest disappointment! Anyways, its all for good
Old 11th August 2009, 19:04   #263
BHPian

dang - i was hoping to have fun watching f1 - its going to be same old boring stuff, where-in i fall asleep by the end of the race!
Old 11th August 2009, 19:06   #264
Senior - BHPian

Well as mentioned in some websites, its the severity of Schumacher's injuries (head and neck fractures) which is quite a big surprise. I, for one, had no idea it was this bad. But then, that throws up an interesting problem too. Massa's injuries were far worse than Schumacher's (though his neck was not damaged) and points to a longer recovery period for Massa. Badoer clearly is not anywhere close to the calibre of the average Ferrari driver and holds the dubious distinction of the driver with maximum starts who hasn't scored any championship points. In fact, Badoer may be a fine tester but hasn't raced since 1999! What on earth can Ferrari do to get themselves out of this horrible mess? Alonso is not a realistic option, neither is Kubica. They both will drive for Renault and BMW respectively leaving Ferrari in a lousy position. Bourdais, anyone?
Old 11th August 2009, 19:14   #265
BANNED

No words to explain .....
Old 11th August 2009, 19:33   #266
BHPian

This is such sad news. Everyone was waiting and looking forward to see Schumi back in action. :( One way maybe it happened for the best, cause if Schumi did come back, he was not in the best of shapes and everyone would be expecting a miracle from him. If he did not do well then all would be like see he should have stayed retired.
Old 11th August 2009, 19:41   #267
BHPian

this is truly disappointing news, but in all fairness to him, it seems like he tried his best to get fit again in a short time.
If anything, the buzz created by his "comeback" reveals how important he still is - not only to his fans, but also to neutral followers of the sport.
Old 11th August 2009, 19:42   #268
Senior - BHPian

I am disappointed by this news. I was expecting Lewis Hamilton VS Schumi. And may be he will have a nice fight with Kimi also.
This is bad news. I expected the King to come, fight with the present top guns. Would have been to watch.

Earlier I had read that Schumi might not be able to make up into F1 because of neck injuries, but thought that the man who raced and won the race after his mother's demise ( appreciate his professionalism ) must have a very very high level of mental strenght and he might come back. Also thought that this was publicity stunt. But now I am able to realize that this is true fact.
Very sad. F1 also might suffer a bit of damage.

Source : Schumacher calls off comeback, Badoer to race instead - Worldcarfans

Quote:
Michael Schumacher has called off his sensational return to formula one.

The seven time world champion, who retired in 2006, recently said he would step in out of "loyalty" to replace the injured Felipe Massa.

He tested a 2007 car at the end of July and was set to conduct two more days in the F2007 this week at Mugello, as concerns lingered about the health of his neck that he injured in a motorcycle testing crash in February.

Schumacher, 40, said on his official website michael-schumacher.de on Tuesday morning that he told Luca di Montezemolo and Stefano Domenicali the bad news on Monday night.

"I really tried everything to make that temporary comeback possible, however, much to my regret, it didn't work out," said the German.

Schumacher confirmed speculation that he actually sustained fractures "in the area of head and neck" in the February fall.

"That is why my neck cannot stand the extreme stresses caused by formula one yet," he explained. "I am disappointed to the core. I am awfully sorry for the guys of Ferrari and for all the fans which crossed fingers for me.

"I can only repeat that I tried everything that was within my power. All I can do now is to keep my fingers crossed for the whole team for the coming races," said Schumacher.

Ferrari said on Tuesday that test driver Luca Badoer will instead drive Massa's car in Valencia and beyond.

"We have decided to give Luca Badoer the chance to race for the Scuderia after he has put in so many years of hard work as a test driver," said president Montezemolo.
Old 11th August 2009, 20:02   #269
Team-BHP Support

One thing everyone should understand. Michael Schumacher is a human being. There's a limit to the abuse that a human body can take. In a sport as extreme as Formula 1, the body is subjected to huge G Forces. Making a comeback at 40 years of age and after having stayed out of the car for more than 2 years, is not easy for anyone.
Michael has won more championships than anyone else. He has nothing to prove to anyone. While his return would probably send viewership ratings through the roof, racing full time would do nothing but take away a few years off Michael's life. I say it's a good decision.
Anyway, I feel this season hasn't been boring. So what if McLaren and Ferrari aren't at their best? Atleast we have new faces and different teams on the podium. That's a good thing!
Old 11th August 2009, 20:46   #270
Senior - BHPian

You have to admire the man for trying. I guess the break from F1 and his age has taken a toll on his chances of getting back in the drivers seat.

Was looking forward to the comeback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks