Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2009, 20:23   #241
Senior - BHPian

The F1 Times | News, Guides & Interviews

Interesting. I imagined he's sport his old design. But at least its safer so nothing like what happened to Massa can happen this time.
Old 9th August 2009, 17:12   #242
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
He's anyways getting fit now and once he gets into scheme of things getting his natural rhythm back, wont that tempt him and the Ferrari's to retain him. Just my thought
Ah Pavan, just what I was thinking a few days back.

But, I don't think Schumi will be interested in a long term stint as a driver as he clearly mentioned that he's stepping in only because the team in in a crisis and he needs to help them.

But, then again we never expected him to return, right? So let's just keep our fingers (and toes) crossed on this one.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:07   #243
Senior - BHPian

Update: according to twitter: AP: Michael Schumacher says he is calling off Formula 1 comeback.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:12   #244
Senior - BHPian

Sad but confirmed news as per his official website!

Michael Schumacher - Official Website - presented by Motorsport-Magazin.com
Old 11th August 2009, 13:33   #245
Senior - BHPian

Schumacher cancels F1 comeback

Schumacher cancels F1 comeback (autosport.com)

Michael Schumacher has had to cancel his Formula 1 comeback as a result of the neck injuries he suffered in a motorcycle racing crash earlier this year.

In a statement issued on his website, Schumacher said that he informed the team last night he was not fit enough to race.

"Yesterday evening, I had to inform Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo and team principal Stefano Domenicali that unfortunately I'm not able to step in for Felipe," he said.

"I really tried everything to make that temporary comeback possible, however, much to my regret it didn't work out. Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the pain in the neck which occurred after the private F1-day in Mugello, even if medically or therapeutically we tried everything possible."

Schumacher suffered a sizeable accident during a German superbike test at Cartagena in Spain on February 11 - which forced him to abandon entering motorcycle races. It had been hoped that the injuries he suffered in that crash would not impact on his F1 return, but medical examinations have indicated that problems remain.

"The consequences of the injuries caused by the bike-accident in February, fractures in the area of head and neck, unfortunately have turned out to be still too severe," added Schumacher.

"That is why my neck cannot stand the extreme stresses caused by Formula 1 yet. These are the clear results of the examinations we did on the course of the past two weeks and the final examination yesterday afternoon.

"As there were no improvements after the day in Mugello, I decided at short notice on Sunday to do that thorough examination already yesterday.

"I am disappointed to the core. I am awfully sorry for the guys of Ferrari and for all the fans which crossed fingers for me. I can only repeat that I tried everything that was within my power. All I can do now is to keep my fingers crossed for the whole team for the coming races."

Schumacher had been due to test an F2007 at Mugello in Italy from today, but there is now little reason for him to see through with that running.

It is not clear who Ferrari will now slot in as the replacement for the injured Felipe Massa, with the team having little more than one week to find a suitable driver.

Last edited by myavu : 11th August 2009 at 13:34.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:43   #246
Senior - BHPian

Update !!!!! Update !!!!!

More update!

Ferrari says Luca Badoer will drive in European Grand Prix after Schumacher withrawal, AP reports.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:50   #247
BHPian

This is really sad news as all were looking forward to his come back.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:00   #248
Senior - BHPian

Its a lot worse for those who bet on him or bought tickets hoping to see him. Anyway, looks like Willi Weber called it right after all.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:08   #249
BHPian

Such a sad news!!!

This is such a sad news for Ferrari and F1 fans

I planned to fly to Singapore hoping that Schumi will drive for rest of the season..... cancelling my planns now.... Even for 23rd, All my friends were going to meet together to watch his comeback together.....

But knowing the person Schumacher is and his loyalty for the team, it must be a real serious reason why he is not able to drive. He must have taken every possible step to overcome his injury but sometimes things are just out of hand....

Dont remember when was the last time we heard such an disappointing news in F1.....
Old 11th August 2009, 14:27   #250
BHPian

Jeez..this news is more disappointing that the retirement announcement of 2006 itself.

So is it THE end or MS will step in later?
Neither his website nor Ferrari's announcement that Luca will drive in Valencia make this clear
Old 11th August 2009, 14:39   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
So is it THE end or MS will step in later?
Neither his website nor Ferrari's announcement that Luca will drive in Valencia make this clear
This is what I wondered about too. Can he recover for some races later in the season? Either way, I'll believe it only when I see him on the grid.

Edit: Jordan has his dig

Jordan: F1 fans have been robbed - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 11th August 2009 at 14:46.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:43   #252
gpa
Senior - BHPian

I am truly disappointed on hearing the news. I also had plans to fly to Singapore for the race but now that's cancelled. I am certain that Schumi would have given his best towards his training, but unfortunately, the extent of his injuries were bad.

Don't think there will ever be a chance like this again for us die hard Ferrari fans!

Last edited by gpa : 11th August 2009 at 14:44.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:46   #253
BHPian

Seems to be true.
autosport.com - F1 News: Schumacher cancels F1 comeback
Old 11th August 2009, 15:15   #254
Senior - BHPian

Utter disappointment for all Schumi & Ferrari fans

Last edited by finneyp : 11th August 2009 at 15:16.
Old 11th August 2009, 15:52   #255
Senior - BHPian

oh cock! this is so dissapointing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks