Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2009, 22:02   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
According to the rules in season testing isn't allowed. So they are letting Schumacher test using the 2007 F1 car that Ferrari let their clients use to get kicks.

Also some testing photos showed the car on Bridgestone slicks which has the FIA in a tizzy. Check out the complete news

Schumacher back behind the wheel at Mugello - Pics added - F1Fever - Indian Formula-1 Community
I know about that. I wanted to know how come they couldnt get a 2008 car. Wouldnt a 2008 car be closer in performance and handling characteristics to the 2009 car?
Old 2nd August 2009, 22:06   #182
Senior - BHPian

Maybe the Clienti program (which I assume is different and unrelated to the F1 side of Ferrari) only has the 2007 car. If Ferrari do anything outside of what already exists and is used publicly I guess the FIA will throw the book at them. Plus I guess since the 2009 car is totally redesigned it wouldn't make any difference and the 2007 car would be closer to the 2006 car which Schumi last raced in, so he can get comfortable in that till Ferrari get permission to test the F60
Old 2nd August 2009, 22:29   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post

Onboard vid of Schumi testing the 2007 F1 car with ribbed tyres on 31st July 09.

Shan2nu
Shan,

I beleive this is an old video!

The pictures suggest Michael driving a modified 2007 car with all aerodynamic kits on. If you notice the onboard video, I dont see any aero bits and even the sponsor decals which is on the nose of the 2007 car in a lot of pictures.

Well, pls correct me if I am wrong
Old 3rd August 2009, 00:02   #184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

I beleive this is an old video!

Well, pls correct me if I am wrong
Buddy those videos are the latest one's circulating, confirmed from many other sites.

Good to see Schumi back in an F1 car, though its an old car. His driving lines were flawless and his driving superfluous, its is a great thing for Ferrari and F1.

18 more days, the countdown is becoming too much to handle.
Old 3rd August 2009, 08:23   #185
BHPian

Guys, quick question: If schumi wins a GP or scores points will it be added to his record for number of wins and points??? Since he is just stepping in for Massa.
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:07   #186
Team-BHP Support

Ofcourse it will be added to his number of wins and point.
Stepping in for Massa or otherwise, he's coming out of retirement.
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:09   #187
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
so he can get comfortable in that till Ferrari get permission to test the F60
Is Ferrari planning on getting special permission for Schumi to test in the F60 when testing during the season is not permitted? Legally, the only practice session he will be able to get under his belt is the Friday practice before the race at Valencia.
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:28   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Is Ferrari planning on getting special permission for Schumi to test in the F60 when testing during the season is not permitted? Legally, the only practice session he will be able to get under his belt is the Friday practice before the race at Valencia.
Why, is he not going to practice on Saturday?
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:36   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
No, i doubt they would get the permission. currently he s been practicing in the simulator Ferrari’s Maranello headquarters . Who cares, all we need is to see him race and he doesnt need any practice

Waiting for Michael Magic to happen in Valencia!! 18 Days to go.
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:01   #190
Senior - BHPian

The nose from the pictures on the F1 forum and the video posted on here don't match.
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:05   #191
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Why, is he not going to practice on Saturday?
Of course he will. I meant that the first official practice he will get with the F60 will be on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
18 Days to go.
Schumi chose the best time to return, with a long break in between races that makes the wait that little bit more agonizing!
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:43   #192
BANNED

This is bad news

Source Formula1.com
Williams against Schumacher test

The Williams team have voiced their opposition to Ferrari’s request to let Michael Schumacher test the team’s current car in preparation for his planned Formula One comeback at the European Grand Prix.

With testing banned during the season under the current regulations, Ferrari had asked their fellow teams and the FIA for special permission to give Schumacher a run in the F60 ahead of his appearance at Valencia, where he is due to take the place of the injured Felipe Massa.

With Ferrari having failed to obtain the agreement of all teams, it means Schumacher will now be restricted to testing an older car and using Ferrari’s factory-based simulator. On Friday he completed almost 70 laps of Italy's Mugello circuit using a two-year-old F2007 machine running on GP2 slick tyres.

So this means, no F60 for Schumi.

Last edited by Mpower : 3rd August 2009 at 21:17. Reason: pls do not post in bold for no reason
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:21   #193
Senior - BHPian

Not surprising since they were never a part of FOTA.

To be fair, even Jaime Alguersuari who is 19 and never driven or raced in F1 before was also not allowed to test a Torro Rosso before starting his first race in Hungary. At the end of the day we need to have the same rules for everybody.
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:33   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
To be fair, even Jaime Alguersuari who is 19 and never driven or raced in F1 before was also not allowed to test a Torro Rosso before starting his first race in Hungary. At the end of the day we need to have the same rules for everybody.
Well Toro Rosso never applied for permission anyway but all in all, there is a testing ban and these special permissions would contravene that rule and set a bad precedent.
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:45   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Well Toro Rosso never applied for permission anyway but all in all, there is a testing ban and these special permissions would contravene that rule and set a bad precedent.
They did no ask becase it is (was?) common knowledge that testing is banned during the season. Of course Ferrari/MS/Luca tend to think that they are always over and above the FIA.

By testing an '07 F1 Clienti car, have already used a loophole that is not available to other teams.

Last edited by Mpower : 3rd August 2009 at 22:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks