Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 21:01   #211
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
the entire crew for Massa's car will do duty for Schumi, I guess.
I would put it this way " The entire Ferrari Crew will do duty for Schumi, No guesses"

Schumi deserves all the attention and respect.
Old 4th August 2009, 23:43   #212
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari: Test blocked by teams lacking fair play - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

Toys already out of the pram huh? That statement simply reeks of arrogance. So what if Williams haven't won in years? Ferrari have had bad spells too and will definitely have such spells in the future too. Williams and Red Bull are well within their rights to do what they've done without having to deal with this kind of crap coming from Ferrari's PR machine.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 5th August 2009 at 00:03.
Old 4th August 2009, 23:52   #213
Senior - BHPian

Its fair not to allow MS to test the F60. The rules were made clear long ago so Ferrari knew pretty well that they would have to face rejection in this case.

When a rookie like Jaime Alguersuari with absolutely no F1 experience can race without testing, i think MS shouldn't have much prob. With his experience, it'l prob take him just 1 day of practice to get used to the car.

Shan2nu
Old 5th August 2009, 08:21   #214
Senior - BHPian

An amazing video to remember Ferrari's acheivement in 2003 season

Old 5th August 2009, 12:00   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Toys already out of the pram huh? That statement simply reeks of arrogance, without having to deal with this kind of crap coming from Ferrari's PR machine.
This wasnt a SF official PR, but a fan posting that was never moderated by the SF website admin . Do You really think, SF will issue such a lame press note.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:20   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
This wasnt a SF official PR, but a fan posting that was never moderated by the SF website admin . Do You really think, SF will issue such a lame press note.
Source please?

This is from the Ferrari website (unbelievably, its still there under the news section and I've no idea how a fan post found its way there).

And this is from autosport which is among the more reliable F1 sites.

Edit: Just realised they don't mention Williams by name but since Red Bull haven't been in F1 very long, I guess it can't be RBR or Toro Rosso.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 5th August 2009 at 12:25.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:21   #217
BANNED

Saw this news flashing on all TV News channels since yesterday night.

Quoted as:

Bernie Ecclestone " Michael is going to teach one or two drivers some driving lessons"
Old 5th August 2009, 13:16   #218
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Bernie Ecclestone " Michael is going to teach one or two drivers some driving lessons"
I think Schumi had his own driving style which cannot be emulated by or taught to other drivers. If they do try to emulate his driving, it will end up in disaster. Schumi had a knack of fully undrstanding the limits of the car he was driving and always pushed the car 100% to its very limits.
Old 5th August 2009, 13:34   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Saw this news flashing on all TV News channels since yesterday night.

Quoted as:

Bernie is the biggest (ironic given his size) joker in F1. He doesn't know what he speaks. Yesterday in ESPN he was giving an interview saying don't expect much from MS in coming races.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:00   #220
Senior - BHPian

Bernie speaks only when it means MONEY for him and no wonder he has spoke so much about Michael.

Btw, the response from Ferrari over the F60 test denial for Michael looks absurd.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:45   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Source please?
This is from the Ferrari website (unbelievably, its still there under the news section and I've no idea how a fan post found its way there).
I stand corrected, it was not a fan posting from outside but within - possibly a stupid site admin (or possibly someone tired/hired to pour black tar on SF)

Someone from TSN wrote to SF and here is the SF response.

Dear Mr *******,
that was not a press release but as you have also noticed an "Indiscretion" text: we just wanted to give voice to the hundreds of emails we received on this subject by all the supporters all over the world.
Best regards,
Luca Colajanni
Direzione Comunicazione – Responsabile Ufficio Stampa Sportiva
Ferrari S.p.A. Via Abetone Inferiore, 4; 41053, Maranello, (MO); Italia
Ferrari

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 5th August 2009 at 15:49.
Old 5th August 2009, 20:20   #222
BANNED

Source F1.com

Whatever Bernie's told is anyways true, and needs to be taken in a different context.

Great news about Schumi's preparation for the forthcoming race as below. 15 days to go.

Schumacher sheds weight, boosts KERS potential

Michael Schumacher is clearly taking preparations for his proposed race comeback pretty seriously. The Ferrari star has already lost three kilograms in body weight as he looks to be fit enough for the European Grand Prix on August 23.

Schumacher, who retired from Formula One competition at the end of 2006, will replace the injured Felipe Massa at Valencia, assuming his strength and stamina are considered up to the task. A final decision will be made nearer the time of the event.

“I'm currently in the midst of my preparations for the upcoming race,” Schumacher told fans on his official website. “I already lost three kilograms even if it is also important to me to build up muscles. So all in all, the practice works pretty well.”

With Ferrari still running KERS, Schumacher’s weight loss could prove significant, allowing him more set-up flexibility when the team come to adjust his car’s weight distribution. He used a factory simulator to get to grips with the current F60’s controls last week and then spent a day lapping the team’s Mugello circuit in a two-year-old F2007 running on GP2 slick tyres.

Having not tested an F1 car since April 2008, the seven-time champion confessed that his neck still needs some work: “I have to admit that my neck pinches a bit. We have to get a grip on that as health has priority - that's the clear arrangement made with Ferrari and, by the way, with my wife, too.”

Schumacher had hoped to be granted special permission to test the F60 prior to his Spanish return, but Ferrari failed to obtain the required unanimous support of their rival teams. Nevertheless, the 40-year-old German insists he will be up to the job.

“It's on!” he added. “I accepted the challenge. And as you all know, I really love challenges.”

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 5th August 2009 at 20:22.
Old 5th August 2009, 20:45   #223
Senior - BHPian

Schumacher still needs doctor's seal of approval - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

Not a done deal yet it seems. Hopefully it isn't too bad that he can't race
Old 6th August 2009, 17:46   #224
BHPian

since williams opposed schumi's testing, does it mean he will get his hands on the F60 only on the practice day ?
Old 6th August 2009, 18:17   #225
BHPian

@vinod,

Yes only the Friday practice sessions (arent they sufficient hehe). Btw he cant drive more than a certain laps during those sessions as well. I guess the limit is 100 or so.

And word is that, Schumi is also training on karts and says karting is tougher than F1 when it comes to physical fitness. Source: TSN.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks