Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 20:51   #271
Senior - BHPian

SO how long will the healing process take?

Even if Badoer drives in Valencia, will MS be recovered for Spa, SIngapore etc. Man, at this point something is better than nothing. Not looking forward to seeing Luca.B at all. Sorry Luca, nothing personal!
Old 11th August 2009, 20:56   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_VIII View Post

Dont remember when was the last time we heard such an disappointing news in F1.....
when senna passed away. he was the father of sensational driving.
Old 11th August 2009, 23:25   #273
Senior - BHPian

Sledgehammer to break a nut, Luca?

autosport.com - F1 News: Ferrari eyes third car for Schumacher

Some excitement for you Schumi fans. But I doubt if this will go through. If Luca wants Schumi so badly, then let him replace Kimi when he leaves. Why get into the whole three car debate again when we clearly have a nice mix of established and new teams to fill the grid for 2010?

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 11th August 2009 at 23:28.
Old 11th August 2009, 23:34   #274
BHPian

Schumacher calls off Formula One comeback

Here is the news on F1 Site: The Official Formula 1 Website

I am saddened by the news too. I was really looking forward to this !!

Last edited by Zenster : 11th August 2009 at 23:36.
Old 11th August 2009, 23:47   #275
BHPian

Schumi called off F1, due to neck injury. In news just now.

All my excitement went off.
Old 12th August 2009, 03:56   #276
BHPian

Well this is a complete disappointment. All the fans like us were exited now it goes in the drain. whatever it is he will always be a champion. He will be missed.
Old 12th August 2009, 06:06   #277
BHPian

whatever the politics may be behind the decission IMO the existing test driver will definetly have better chance than beloved schumi. Remember Massa was test driver initially for ferrari and had ocassionaly substituted (i don't remember was it for schumi or barrichelo) and went on to finish second (was running first when team orders played in)

Last edited by the VTEC guy : 12th August 2009 at 06:13.
Old 12th August 2009, 10:12   #278
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
whatever the politics may be behind the decission IMO the existing test driver will definetly have better chance than beloved schumi. Remember Massa was test driver initially for ferrari and had ocassionaly substituted (i don't remember was it for schumi or barrichelo) and went on to finish second (was running first when team orders played in)
The difference being, Massa then already had racing experience with Sauber. Luca on the other hand has always been a test driver. Marc Gene would be a better option.
Old 12th August 2009, 10:24   #279
BANNED

I really will miss him. I can quite understand that his neck will not hold up.

What is still open is whether he will miss only one race, or is aborting him come back altogether.

Thank God for finding this thread as some mods are going around closing threads on Schumi not returning, even one dating back to May!! imho when a thread is closed then it should ideally be merged into an existing thread, or at least indicated as to what existing thread(s) does the mods want to be used.
Old 12th August 2009, 14:01   #280
Senior - BHPian

Luca is more experienced than Marc and that might also be a factor. I think this is good for Schumi as this year Ferrari's bearings for F1 calendar are just not right. It would have been thrilling but still disappointing for MS fans. All the best to Luca/Marc and especially Felipe.
Old 12th August 2009, 14:31   #281
Senior - BHPian

Pundits still expecting a Schumacher return

Pundits still expecting a Schumacher return (Formula 1 : F1 Live, with F1-Live.com)

Schumacher’s F1 days now behind him?

Two pundits have told Michael Schumacher fans not to get too disheartened despite the seven time world champion calling off his Formula One return.

The 40-year-old German had aimed to fill in for Ferrari's injured Felipe Massa, but his own lingering neck injury meant returning at Valencia next weekend would have endangered his health.

Schumacher played down his motorcycle testing crash in February, but Germany's Bild newspaper now claims he fractured bones in his head and neck, as well as damaging an artery supplying blood to the rear of his head.

Former Grand Prix driver Christian Danner however believes Schumacher will still want to return if his injuries heal. "Perhaps he'll be at Monza," the veteran of 47 Grand Prix is quoted as saying, referring to the Italian Grand Prix in the middle of September.

Another former German driver, Hans-Joachim Stuck, added: "I would not rule out a comeback for Michael totally.

Perhaps next year, if he is able to recover from his injuries completely."

Former team boss Eddie Jordan however has other plans for the Italian Grand Prix. "Massa has, thank goodness, made a huge recovery," the Ulsterman told BBC radio's TalkSport programme. "Don't be surprised if he returns at Monza.”

Schumacher is expected to hold a press conference later today in Geneva with Doctor Johannes Peil of the Bad-Neuheim Sportklinic in attendance, according to German newspaper Rhein Zeitung

Montezemolo keen to see Schumacher back in F1(Formula 1 : F1 Live, with F1-Live.com)

Ferrari has vowed to "fight" for the right to field a third car for Michael Schumacher. The 40 year-old on Tuesday called off his comeback to replace the injured Felipe Massa due to a neck complaint, but Luca di Montezemolo has not given up hope that the German will be seen again at the wheel of a Ferrari.

"We're continuing to fight until every team has the right to start with three cars in the next season, and one I'd have handed over to Michael with pleasure," the Ferrari president said in an interview with Italy's La Stampa newspaper.

Also in the interview, published in full on Wednesday, Montezemolo hinted that he will check on Schumacher's availability to drive a third Ferrari ahead of the 2010 season.

The 61-year-old Italian also used the opportunity to have another dig at F1's new wave of teams, including US F1, Campos and Manor - and possibly another in the place of the withdrawing BMW Sauber.

"I prefer three McLarens and three Renaults to three 'whatevers'," Montezemolo jibed. "With BMW gone, there's not much to say but lots to do."

Last edited by myavu : 12th August 2009 at 14:33.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:42   #282
Senior - BHPian

Schumi isnt returning to to F1 afterall. Sigh :(

Source:
Officially Official: Schumacher not coming back after all - driving is a pain in the neck — Autoblog
Old 12th August 2009, 18:24   #283
Senior - BHPian

Awe Shucks! I was looking forward to seeing him drive again. Big dissapointment.
Old 12th August 2009, 18:57   #284
Senior - BHPian

autosport.com - F1 News: Schumacher undecided on racing future

Those planning a Singapore trip might just get lucky.
Old 12th August 2009, 19:56   #285
Senior - BHPian

Micheal Schumacher might be coming back that is what I read. I am not sure if this news is true or not, but I would love to see him come back.

Source : Schumacher may still make F1 return - experts - Worldcarfans

Article :
Quote:
Two experts have told Michael Schumacher fans not to get too disheartened despite the seven time world champion calling off his formula one return.

The 40-year-old German wanted to fill in for Ferrari's injured Felipe Massa, but his own lingering neck injury meant returning at Valencia next weekend would have endangered his health.

Schumacher played down his motorcycle testing crash in February, but Germany's Bild newspaper now claims he fractured bones in his head and neck, as well as damaging an artery supplying blood to the rear of his head.

"He was lucky he did not have to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair," the newspaper said.

Former grand prix driver Christian Danner, however, believes Schumacher will still want to return if his injuries heal.

"Perhaps he'll be at Monza," the veteran of 47 grands prix is quoted as saying, referring to the Italian grand prix in the middle of September.

Another former German driver, Hans-Joachim Stuck, added: "I would not rule out a comeback for Michael totally. Perhaps next year, if he is able to recover from his injuries completely."

Former team boss Eddie Jordan, however, has other plans for the Italian grand prix. "Massa has, thank goodness, made a huge recovery," the Ulsterman told BBC radio's TalkSport programme.

"Don't be surprised if he returns at Monza," Jordan added.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks