Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2008, 12:06   #511
BANNED

I think so i am one of few owner here who has not yet faced any ratteling issue .
Old 25th January 2008, 14:53   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
I think so i am one of few owner here who has not yet faced any ratteling issue .
what else can I say...Lucky you
Old 25th January 2008, 15:58   #513
Senior - BHPian

nikunj and humyum

the roads i ve travelled on were quite good, not bad/uneven or potholed. however the issue could be due to tires which are 195s. strange, but anyways, right now the noise isnt there, and i am glad with a quiet cabin.

blueraven here i come

srik
Old 25th January 2008, 16:25   #514
BHPian

Slightly off topic: I was just looking through the prices on the Maruti website and notice that the prices are kind of illogical
MARUTI SWIFT VDI (BHARAT STAGE III WITH ABS)533782.78

MARUTI SWIFT VDI (BHARAT STAGE III WITH ABS and IMMOBILISER)

I thought this was only a typo, but even the ZXI prices are similarly posted.

any idea why?
Old 25th January 2008, 17:02   #515
BHPian

195'S ?? . Then i better take care as i go through a lot of rough roads with a few stretches of them being potholed . I am also running 195's on my DDis !!! But did the service guys say the reason was the fatter tyres ?
Old 26th January 2008, 19:54   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But is this a permanent solution to cure door rattles ?
Yes, with damping your doors shouldnot rattle anymore. My doors are damped, they dont rattle, but the boot is not damped and that door rattles like crazy.
Old 27th January 2008, 00:30   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Yes, with damping your doors shouldnot rattle anymore. My doors are damped, they dont rattle, but the boot is not damped and that door rattles like crazy.
Apart from removing the rattles, does damping reduce the engine noise filtering into the cabin? After damping how does noise within the cabin compare to the petrol swift?
Old 27th January 2008, 00:32   #518
Team-BHP Support

finally i found time to hear the sound track, its sounds like a prop shaft aircraft !! and yes it was your wheel bearings, and lets not debated on bearings, as far as my understanding goes they are unpredictable, unless i am richie rich with diamond roller bearings.

@Geek: either you recorded on a smooth tarmac or ur car doesn have much rattle to complain off
Old 27th January 2008, 00:35   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Apart from removing the rattles, does damping reduce the engine noise filtering into the cabin? After damping how does noise within the cabin compare to the petrol swift?
If you damp behind the dash then engine noise should reduce, otherwise road noise does reduce.
Old 27th January 2008, 00:36   #520
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
boot (door) rattling ?? thats one part which doesnt rattle no matter what, since it doesnt have much inside for orchestra, it might be something else.

Damping will save door rattle and maybe to an extend sound deadening, filtering road noise from entering the cabin. But if you really want engine sound filtering then, engine bay firewall and floor is where you need to attack with deadening, which is really difficult task.
Old 27th January 2008, 09:34   #521
BHPian

My boot also doesn't rattle. I found it once rattling which was due to tool box was lying around freely on boot. So every time bad patch of road came, the tool box used to bounce around. I found its solution by placing it tightly between rear seat and boot floor.
Old 27th January 2008, 10:17   #522
Senior - BHPian

jaggu i did record this in a straight stretch of 4 kilometres on outer ring road between marathahalli bridge and kr puram bridge. my rattles are dependent on my car. if my car wants to rattle it starts off, else its quiet. so its kinda selective!

and yes i do agree that boot door will not rattle no matter what! i m planning to take it to blueraven after my 3rd service and when i have that extra bit cash. lets see what magic he does on my car!
Old 27th January 2008, 11:27   #523
Senior - BHPian

Srik, According to me thats how Diesel engine sounds, I travelled and tested lot of Diesel cars I found every car has more noise inside the cabin compared to Petrol ones. Always use regular Diesel (I suggest IOC) never try super Diesels and drive with light foot which will make less noise.

Also Diesel cars will loose charm after few years. so I suggest maintain your beauty as best as you can.

Damping will make less noise intrude inside. So try out that for sure

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 27th January 2008 at 11:28.
Old 27th January 2008, 11:31   #524
Senior - BHPian

Mt boot door rattles for sure. Makes a khar-khar noise continously, damn irritating. Will be damping that soon and let you guys know.
Old 27th January 2008, 11:35   #525
Team-BHP Support

More often than not it won't be the boot but the foldable back seats which become loose and rattle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks