Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2008, 11:52   #76
Senior - BHPian

Here is the latest update on the mileage. till date i have filled about 80litres of fuel in the car. and it came with 18(8 liters before and 10 liter coupon). so in total its 98litres of fuel. i have done around 1050 kms and there is still some fuel left in the tank, yesterday when i asked for tankfull. 40(39.87) liters fuel went in before cutoff. so i guess tank is of 47 liters at least 6-7 liters of fuel are remaining.
so mileage comes around 1050/92 = 11.41kmpl

also ripped it first time yesterday in first and second gear went till 6k RPM and man that is addicting and little scary also hehe .....

also got basic ICE fitted yesterday, pioneer 4050 and infinity 5020 components, will get the damping done with a sub and amp in next upgrade .....
Old 28th March 2008, 13:38   #77
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rahul... Welcome to the World of FIAT...
Old 31st March 2008, 11:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Congrats Rahul... Welcome to the World of FIAT...
Thanks man

I have completed the 1000kms on the car and done some ripping

anyways here is a latest update on the car http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...lio-1-6-a.html
Old 9th April 2008, 15:55   #79
Senior - BHPian

Time to update the thread i guess,

got the first service done few days back around 13xx kms mark, experience was ok nothing too gr8 or bad. given the car in the morning around 9 and service center was full. they promised me delivery in the evening 5PM so i went there at 4:30 and that time they were taking my car for washing, i watched the whole washing process and they clean the car as they were cleaning a truck :( i felt the whole interior will be wet but actually it wasn't, and they cleaned the engine compartment with water without any protection on the ECU :-0 , when i asked the service engineer over there he told me its not a problem and its already well protected. then he showed me other cars like dicor/safari which also have ECU in engine compartment and they clean them also.

i asked them to change the engine oil and filter. it was not necessary as recommended period is 7500kms but still i insisted on that so they said ok they will do it. i wanted to get the oil changed in front of me so i see how its done and basically can do it at home ...

well after washing they bring my car for oil change and i was asked to come inside the servicing section which is usually no entry for customers , anyways they put the car on ramps and one guy brings oil in a old mobil can i asked him y its not sealed box he said big containers come from company they fill it from there, i said ok . again oil filter was missing not avaialble. they bring all other oil filters other than one that fits in 1.6. the service engineer said the all fiat technicians have left as its very late(time was actually 7PM and service is done till 5-6 only),

anyways i got the car after 30-35 mins. cleaning was good. interiors were properly cleaned and polished. only the delivery was dealyed but that was blamed on me because i wanted to change the oil in front of me .....

one thing i noticed inside the service center that they were driving the cars very recklessly like accelerating hard and then braking, the whole time i was hearing tyre squeals . but mostly they were doing that cabs dunno if they do the same on private cars. one guy was taking a 180* turn on a car in very narrow place and he scratched the car two times on the wall. i pity the owner of that car.

Fuel efficiency
i have done a very heavy foot driving in last refill. gone till 6k RPM many times(just lover the exhaust, its alone worth the price of the car ). also changing the gear at 4000 RPM mostly and got a mileage of 9.8kmpl. my last mileage was 11kmpl.

ICE
also got basic ICE done. a pioneer 4050 and infinity components in the front. and it sound way better than i expected. will get a amp and sub later.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2008, 17:24   #80
Senior - BHPian

got first dent on the car :(

lesson learnt that never stop at a traffic light if everyone is moving and there is no cop around. well i stopped at a traffic signal coz traffic from right is moving to left and we had red light. but still some people were slowing down and moving to left, there was no free left as the red light is only for left turn, you can't go straight or right, both are blocked. then one mini bus driver thought that he can squeeze from left of my car and in the process he banged into my car :(.
actually i didn't felt much inside the car and thot there might be slight scratch and all but when i came out to see, it was awful :( ...... the bus driver also stopped and got down , i think coz there was too much traffic and he can't run ......
but i didn't said anything to him my mind went blank for 15-20mins, i wasn't able to think anything. i just said him "go away" :(
when i reached home and inspected everything it was lot worst :( .... both left(passenger side) door gone very badly dented with metal cut in few places ,there is also a minor dent in rear quarter panel ..... all these days i am driving cars nothing like this happened and for my car within 2 month :(
anyways given the car to service center on monday and they said it will take at least 10 day because they have to order left two doors. so have taken back the car, they will call me when the parts arrive.

apart from this car was doin gr8, done 4k kms and getting 9kmpl in city and 13-14 in highway with 100% AC .......
Old 21st May 2008, 17:37   #81
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your car Rahul. The damage seems bad... but take heart from the fact that both the door will be changed and not repaired ensuring perfect lines as with a new car. Make sure they do a good job of painting your car.
Old 21st May 2008, 17:57   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
but i didn't said anything to him my mind went blank for 15-20mins, i wasn't able to think anything. i just said him "go away" :(
Sorry to hear this. You saved yourself some peace of mind but in turn left that idiot go free; no wonder they don't care.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:13   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Sorry to hear about your car Rahul. The damage seems bad... but take heart from the fact that both the door will be changed and not repaired ensuring perfect lines as with a new car. Make sure they do a good job of painting your car.
yeah they will change the doors as there is no chance of repairing them, my main worry is if they can match the color :( ..... lets see how it goes, will keep you guys updated ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Sorry to hear this. You saved yourself some peace of mind but in turn left that idiot go free; no wonder they don't care.
yeah but dunno wat happened to me that time, i was not able to think anything :(
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:54   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad thing that happened to you Rahul. But, i am surprised when you say you didn't feel the nudge given by the mini-bus driver and you thought it was a simple scratch and now your replacing the entire door. you should have gotten hold of the bus number and pursued for a claim.

So how much poorer your going to become?
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:14   #85
BHPian

Hi rahul sorry for that incident, you and your omni are very famous in ranchi.. hope you fix her up soon, updtae us with some pics.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:32   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sad thing that happened to you Rahul. But, i am surprised when you say you didn't feel the nudge given by the mini-bus driver and you thought it was a simple scratch and now your replacing the entire door. you should have gotten hold of the bus number and pursued for a claim.

So how much poorer your going to become?
you got me wrong i felt its a small accident when it happened and i was inside the car, when i came out and saw the damage i knew that i had to change both doors :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Hi rahul sorry for that incident, you and your omni are very famous in ranchi.. hope you fix her up soon, updtae us with some pics.
yeah will post pics when repairing will be done ....

thanks for reminding about the good ol' days
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:55   #87
Senior - BHPian

They paint job should be perfect if they use the oven/cabin paint shop thing.

Two doors at one go! phew!
Old 10th June 2008, 14:40   #88
Senior - BHPian

At last got the parts for my car on wednesday, i got a call in the wednesday evening that the parts have arrived and i can give my car on next day morning, well the call was big surprise for me as the guy called was talking in english and had proper details about the car and parts

anyways he said sorry at least 50 times about the delay and told me that the paint job will be perfect and he won't deliver the vehicle without his satisfaction i was like WTH , before there wasn't any one responding to me and there was no info about the parts. the guy told me that he was on leave for past 10-15days thats y it happened.

anyways i have given the car on thusday and they said they can deliver it on satuday but i told them i am not in hurry take ur own time but job should be good . anyways from that day onwards they are calling me everyday and tell me about the progress about the work.

i went to the service center yesterday to see the work , new door were fitted and removed for painting again. hopefully by tomorrow evening car will be ready. saw another 1.6 with same type of damage rear left door was changed and front door repaired and the paint quality and everything was good enough.....

clicked few pics here are they
Attached Thumbnails
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-dsc01180.jpg  

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-dsc01181.jpg  

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-dsc01182.jpg  

Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2008, 16:40   #89
BHPian

But why have you crossed the fiat logo in your avatar?
Old 10th June 2008, 19:23   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
you got me wrong i felt its a small accident when it happened and i was inside the car, when i came out and saw the damage i knew that i had to change both doors :(
Same thing happened with me. Inside you don't feel the severity of damage caused.

Hope that you have already got your red beauty back. And don't worry about that styling strip. Unpainted doors are black ( you must have seen them by now )

Last edited by codemarauder : 10th June 2008 at 19:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks