Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 10:44   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The M&M dealer now says that the Scorpio LX does not come with an immobiliser. Before the sale they said that all Scorpios are fitted with immobilisers. Any ideas as to how to check whether the SUV has an immobiliser with the help of its keys?I am sure no encoding was done during or before the delivery.
Did you call M&M helpline ? Can they help on this ?
Old 30th April 2009, 10:50   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The M&M dealer now says that the Scorpio LX does not come with an immobiliser. Before the sale they said that all Scorpios are fitted with immobilisers. Any ideas as to how to check whether the SUV has an immobiliser with the help of its keys?I am sure no encoding was done during or before the delivery.
all scorpios come with the immobilizer, even the LX. your dealer is stupid!

check this link:
:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::
Old 30th April 2009, 16:21   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats anjan on the new ride. Sure looks mighty muscular
And about the immobilizer, confront your dealer once again, as raj mentioned above, its standard across all variants.

Heres a screenshot from the M&M website
Attached Thumbnails
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-scorpio.jpg  

Old 30th April 2009, 20:07   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Did you call M&M helpline ? Can they help on this ?
Thanks tanwar. I will call the helpline and confront the dealer and his men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
all scorpios come with the immobilizer, even the LX. your dealer is stupid!

check this link:
:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::
Thanks Raj dear.Yes the dealer's men are all talking about many other things which do not seem to be congruent.Most of them pose as if they are coming straight after a tete a tete with Mr Anand Mahindra. I think we bhpians are great as we have fellow bhpians always for help and to fill up the missing links and complete the true story. Whereas these dealer's men!!!Only wish that they had logged in here, done their homework and learnt their lessons.Saw the link and there's a screenchot posted by friend Dry Ice -its clear there that there is an immobiliser with my Brute SUV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats anjan on the new ride. Sure looks mighty muscular
And about the immobilizer, confront your dealer once again, as raj mentioned above, its standard across all variants.

Heres a screenshot from the M&M website
Thanks a lot Dry Ice for the M&M screen shot. I will confront the dealer and also call the M&M helpline.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 30th April 2009 at 20:18.
Old 30th April 2009, 20:18   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Hold on a sec. The Scorpio Immob works with the central auto lock key provided by Nippon. You need to press the lock/unlock key as you fiddle with the Immob and change codes.

How does it work if the remote is not provided with the locking option? What do you press? Just the locks on the door manually? Guess that should work considering you are just mimicking the lock/unlock feature right?

Anjan, just open the glove box and feel your hand underneath - you will find two small buttons pointing towards you. The one on the left will be for the audio controls which you dont have and the one on the right will be for the Immob.

But now, as I speak, I have begun getting more doubts. If Anjan does not have any audio sensors, then would he just have a dummy button there? So technically Anjan should find just one button for the Immob.

Questions, questions...
Old 30th April 2009, 22:43   #156
Senior - BHPian

the left button in the glovebox is for the VOICE ASSIST SYSTEM. the LX does not have it.
the right button in the glovebox is for the Remote control operations. again, the LX does not have it.
so i feel anjan's scorpio will have no buttons in the glovebox.

as far as the immobilizer is concerned, maybe it gets activated when the car is locked with the key. a better way to find out is: the SLE & VLX has a small red LED in the instrument panel. its an indicator of the immobilizer. in my car, it starts blinking as you remote lock the car, indicating the immobilizer is activated. anjan, does your car have this LED?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th April 2009 at 22:48.
Old 30th April 2009, 22:44   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

What use is an immobilizer whose code you cannot change?!
Old 30th April 2009, 22:46   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the left button in the glovebox is for the VOICE ASSIST SYSTEM. the LX does not have it.
the right button in the glovebox is for the Remote control operations. again, the LX does not have it.
so i feel anjan's scorpio will have no buttons in the glovebox.

as far as the immobilizer is concerned, maybe it gets activated when the car is locked with the key. a better way to find out is: the SLE & VLX has a small red LED below (just to the right) of the steering wheel, on the dashboard. its an indicator of the immobilizer. in my car, it starts blinking as you remote lock the car, indicating the immobilizer is activated. anjan, does your car have this LED?
Raj will let you know tomorrow about the LED display showing the immobiliser activation. Thanks again!
Old 30th April 2009, 22:50   #159
Senior - BHPian

sorry anjan, i have made the correction in my above post. the light blinks in the instrument panel, below the speedometer. (the LED below the steering is in the innova. sorry, got confused!)

does a red 'lock' symbol blink as soon as you lock the car?

if it does, it has an immobilizer.

@ redliner: even the innova & safari has an immobilizer. it does not have any facility to change codes through a button in the cabin!!! not all cars have this.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th April 2009 at 22:59.
Old 30th April 2009, 22:50   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guys, the immobilizer has got nothing to do with remote locking unlocking. Immobilizer get an input from a microchip in the keys so that if you try to start with a key that is not original it disables the engine.

You can have an immobilizer without remote lock/unlock keys.

The code you change is the frequency of the remote transmitter, not the immobilizer. These are two separate components.

Raj the red light on the dash is when the alarm is enabled. I am currently using a borrowed 1997 chevy lumina which had the microchip/immobilizer but no central lock/power locks/alarm.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 30th April 2009 at 22:52.
Old 30th April 2009, 22:54   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Guys, the immobilizer has got nothing to do with remote locking unlocking. Immobilizer get an input from a microchip in the keys so that if you try to start with a key that is not original it disables the engine.

The code you change is the frequency of the remote transmitter, not the immobilizer. These are two separate components.

Raj the red light on the dash is when the alarm is enabled. I am currently using a borrowed 1997 chevy lumina which had the microchip/immobilizer but no central lock/power locks/alarm.
4x4, you're right. I confused the code-change with programming the lock/unlock features of the nippon system.

So yes, Anjan should have the button down there, and should be able to change the code just by turning on and off the keys.

Anjan =
Old 30th April 2009, 22:54   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What use is an immobilizer whose code you cannot change?!
Yes Venky (Red) you are in full form-just read the literary review of your SUV or is it "monster"?
True what you say about the immobiliser.Wanna put it like this-"woh ganga bhi kya, jiska hum na to paani pe sake aur jisme hum na to haat dho sake?"
Old 30th April 2009, 22:57   #163
Senior - BHPian

confusions! confusions!

anjan, we need you to do a favour for us:

1) check if there are any buttons in the glovebox of your scorpio? if yes, how many?
2) check whether there is a light on the instrument panel. as i sad, it will be a red colou lock symbol. you will have to get out of the car, lock it & peep in the instrument panel from outside!
Old 30th April 2009, 23:02   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sorry anjan, i have made the correction in my above post. the light blinks in the instrument panel, below the speedometer. (the LED below the steering is in the innova. sorry, got confused!)

does a red 'lock' symbol blink as soon as you lock the car?

if it does, it has an immobilizer.

@ redliner: even the innova & safari has an immobilizer. it does not have any facility to change codes!!! not all cars have this.
Raj thanks I will check it out and post details.Also read your latest 22.57 hrs post will again check out but don't feel there's any LED on the dash that blinks after I lock the SUV. Anyway will check it out tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

4X4 addict thanks, even the frail brand new Maruti 800 has an OE immobiliser but no remote locking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
4x4, you're right. I confused the code-change with programming the lock/unlock features of the nippon system.

So yes, Anjan should have the button down there, and should be able to change the code just by turning on and off the keys.

Anjan =
Venky thanks I will check it out sure.Also the helpline and the dealer will reveal more and more -lets see.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 30th April 2009 at 23:06.
Old 1st May 2009, 20:34   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Friends, the Scorpio does not have buttons below the glove box to the best of my knowledge. Neither does it have any LED on the dash, thats blinks when the SUV is locked as Raj had queried.
I phoned the M&M helpline and they said they will get back to me soon.More on that after they get back "at" me!
When the Manager Service, with the local dealer was contacted he said that since the website says that there's an immobiliser it should be there, but he will confirm and tell me tommorow. He also said that if so, he will change the four digit code on my request.
More after the feedbacks arrive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks