Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 13:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hey Devdath, your experience is quite similar to mine. It took close to 2 weeks to get my file approved from SBI, just because the residential verification didn't come out positive.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:32   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey Devdath, your experience is quite similar to mine. It took close to 2 weeks to get my file approved from SBI, just because the residential verification didn't come out positive.
I guess I was lucky in that case. Had I failed a verification or two, my loan would have probably been rejected outright. By the way, do you know if synthetic oil is better than mineral oil for the CRDe?
Old 16th November 2009, 13:38   #63
Senior - BHPian

Frankly Dev where do you work? You took leave for almost 3 days for the loan sanction. But good that atleast it was materialized before the owner left. Man you did lot of running. I hope you have not reduced your weight by doing all these.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
... By the way, do you know if synthetic oil is better than mineral oil for the CRDe?
Now why would you want to do this?

No, not due to any other concern, but just from the cost angle. How many liters of oil does the CRDe drink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Frankly Dev where do you work? You took leave for almost 3 days for the loan sanction. But good that atleast it was materialized before the owner left. Man you did lot of running. I hope you have not reduced your weight by doing all these.
Shishir,

Don't ask this question on a public forum. For all you know, we will have a increase in people trying to get into the same organization!

And as for his weight, I am sure he has made up for all those 'losses' and maybe a few kilo's more, with couple of those marriage trips he did, right after.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:50   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
And as for his weight, I am sure he has made up for all those 'losses' and maybe a few kilo's more, with couple of those marriage trips he did, right after.
Oh no i forgot to ask that one. Dev you had mentioned that you had 3 marriages to attend and you had planned to take your kid to thiose places. How was the drive and things. Come on dude you are not sharing anything with us. keeping everything to yourself
Old 16th November 2009, 13:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

WOWOW am sure you will member this experience forr looong

btw yes sir, i will surely approach you when am ready to upgrade, firstly i will need your help in finding a good used beast and secondly getting the loan hehehe

Quote:
Yes, I was sloshed by the time the loan was sanctioned. But, in case you have time and are not in a hurry, the papers flow through on their own. Tell me in case you need a loan, as I now know people at the Retail Hub and the Trinity Circle branch quite well.

My story continues....

I reached the Retail Hub at 1045HRS and walked upto the manager processing my file. His first line was "So, you went straight to the ED office eh?""Why?" I told him,again of my urgency and he seemed to calm down a bit. I told him that my file is back at the GM Office and I needed the loan today. He said "We need to get a mail confirming the sanction, see I havent gotten any so far".

At that moment, a mail popped up which had my name in the subject line. I was relieved. He called his junior who began the process while I waited beside him on a stool. The loan was proccessed and sanctioned by 1230HRS. Now came the documentation part. The lady wanted stamp papers and there were none available. In the meantime, I had called the owner as well. We rushed to MayoHall and purchased stamp papers in black. I called a friend of mine with a blank set of transfer papers. He arrived at 1430HRS.I called another friend and gave him my debit cards and told him to withdraw money from my bank's ATM and deposit it into my Canara Bank account as per the bank rules.

Finally, at 1600HRS on the 23rd of October 2009, I was given a DD in the owner's name. At that moment I threw away my KSRTC tickets for Coimbatore as I knew I would drive down.

I dropped him to office and drove back home by 2000HRS only to have a quick dinner, bath and drive back to Coimbatore to attend the wedding I had initially planned to.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... Dev you had mentioned that you had 3 marriages to attend and you had planned to take your kid to thiose places. How was the drive and things. Come on dude you are not sharing anything with us. keeping everything to yourself
(few more of those): Dev,. when did this happen? Tch tch... you never told any of us.

So, (taking that watch advt tag line), how many do you have?

ROFL!!!!!

EDIT:

And yeah, +1 to what Shishir said, keeping everything to yourself. (++ROFL!)

Last edited by HappyWheels : 16th November 2009 at 13:57.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:56   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me and he work in different boats for the same goliath. I know what it takes to get those leaves
But atleast Dev's hardwork paid off ultimately
Old 16th November 2009, 14:27   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Now why would you want to do this?

No, not due to any other concern, but just from the cost angle. How many liters of oil does the CRDe drink?
It drinks 6.5 liters if I m not mistaken but the reason I want to do this is because during a chat with a friend in the morning, I was told that fully synthetic oils are better for the engine, and moreover, they extend the oil change interval as well.

Quote:
Shishir,

Don't ask this question on a public forum. For all you know, we will have a increase in people trying to get into the same organization!

Ok, tell me, do I look overweight??No, right, see I m hard working so even if I attend marriages, lunches, dinners I burn my flab.. He he he he Hard Working Sir...!!
Quote:
Oh no i forgot to ask that one. Dev you had mentioned that you had 3 marriages to attend and you had planned to take your kid to thiose places. How was the drive and things. Come on dude you are not sharing anything with us. keeping everything to yourself
Well, the drives to Coimbatore were smooth, uneventful and quite boring as well because it was all smooth roads and good distances covered with ease. The marriage trip to Dharmasthala was a real litmus test for Hariya who probably had never been out of Bangalore city. 9 people with luggage stuffed beneath the seats and horrendous roads in the Shiradi Ghat section. He handled all of this with aplomb, returned a mileage of 12.13kmpl and moreover, did not develop any fault when he was checked for the 25k service after returning from that trip.
This is one tough kid I must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
WOWOW am sure you will member this experience forr looong

btw yes sir, i will surely approach you when am ready to upgrade, firstly i will need your help in finding a good used beast and secondly getting the loan hehehe
Sure thing, lets do it together once you have shortlisted your preferences and choices.

Quote:
(few more of those): Dev,. when did this happen? Tch tch... you never told any of us.

So, (taking that watch advt tag line), how many do you have?

ROFL!!!!!

EDIT:

And yeah, +1 to what Shishir said, keeping everything to yourself. (++ROFL!)
Yeah yeah, I have lots of "them"...!!! Do you need some??!!! ROFLMTAO....or whatever it is called!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Me and he work in different boats for the same goliath. I know what it takes to get those leaves
But atleast Dev's hardwork paid off ultimately
Finally, there is someone who knows my/our plight. Thanks bud, for that one.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:40   #70
Senior - BHPian

Agree on the fully synthetic oil being better, no doubt about it. (My Alto runs on fully synthetic), but the cost per liter, if you say for 6.5 liters would roughly work out to be Rs 6,000.

And the things about fully synthetic increasing oil change intervals, yes they do. But to what extend? And how are you going to get back to the MASS and tell them not to change the engine oil (during scheduled service) since you are running fully synthetic. Might just give them a chance to void the warranty.

So, unless the cost is fine and you are planning to change them as per the service book, I say no now. Once out of warranty, hell yeah!
Old 16th November 2009, 14:51   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree on the fully synthetic oil being better, no doubt about it. (My Alto runs on fully synthetic), but the cost per liter, if you say for 6.5 liters would roughly work out to be Rs 6,000.

And the things about fully synthetic increasing oil change intervals, yes they do. But to what extend? And how are you going to get back to the MASS and tell them not to change the engine oil (during scheduled service) since you are running fully synthetic. Might just give them a chance to void the warranty.

So, unless the cost is fine and you are planning to change them as per the service book, I say no now. Once out of warranty, hell yeah!
absolutely, until your car is under warranty, you cannot change oil outside, and if done so they got the chance to void your warranty, so better let mineral do the job for the while.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
As promised, and courtesy HappyWheels, please find below Hariya's pics shot today.
Heartiest Congratulations! Beautiful color & that's one well maintained vehicle
Old 16th November 2009, 15:21   #73
BANNED

Quote:

Yep, makes sense, unless I can convince MASS about the justification behind extending my oil change intervals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
absolutely, until your car is under warranty, you cannot change oil outside, and if done so they got the chance to void your warranty, so better let mineral do the job for the while.
Rightly said Vijay, let me talk to MASS and see what they say. I m sure they will not agree to oil changes outside but they may have fully synthetic at the MASS itself, just a hunch, no proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Heartiest Congratulations! Beautiful color & that's one well maintained vehicle
Thank You Suman. I was a bit skeptical about the color initially but everyone seems to be liking it.
Old 16th November 2009, 15:25   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was a bit skeptical about the color initially but everyone seems to be liking it.
Dev we are adoring the color and the catch. If you find anything of this sort again please let us know so that even we can also have a good catch
Old 16th November 2009, 16:35   #75
Senior - BHPian

@ devdath: I had discussed the synthetic oil issue with M&M service head and he told me to stick to the normal oil which is semi -synth anyways. I feel that at 15K kms , one shouldn't be looking at extending the oil change interval any more. So if don't do much running then the benefit a synthetic oil will give you is in terms of oxidation. Rest I think is at par with Mahindra MaxiMile

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks