Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:24   #1261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix View Post
Could be the tyres more than the suspension IMHO. I had a May 11 LTZ which I recently sold, had similar noise issues which disappeared on changing the tyres. I used the stock JK Vectras for about 40k km
I second that. I have a 40k km LT as well with the stock Vectras - they seem very noisy and 'hard/clunky' nowadays.

Waiting till around June before changing them due to prior commitments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
THat doesn't sound right. Where is this info from?
Think I got it off one of the Aussie Holden Cruze forums. Will revert with the source!

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th January 2014 at 08:39. Reason: Merging Posts
Old 24th January 2014, 08:34   #1262
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor-head View Post
I own a Oct 2011 LT which has done only 30K as of yet and love the car to death but lately i am realizing that that there is just too much noise and discomfort on uneven roads with potholes etc.

Has anyone else had ride quality issues recently? What part of my suspension should i get checked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix View Post
Could be the tyres more than the suspension IMHO. I had a May 11 LTZ which I recently sold, had similar noise issues which disappeared on changing the tyres. I used the stock JK Vectras for about 40k km
After completing 52,000kms, Driving my WA is as silent as it was on day 1, perhaps because I changed my tyres immediately after delivery from showroom.

Even till date there is not a single rattle nor a squeak. It's deathly silent inside and many times people ( non-auto afficianados) riding with me ask me if its a petrol car

However, i notice a strange thing and always during rainy season and when going through some rough patches on highway. There is a light squeak that develops during the trip and when i return back to my city which has fabulous roads, that squeaky noise disppears on its own only to reappear for short period during next rainy season. Weird eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor-head View Post
PS : The alloys look awesome now on the WA! How did you get them done?
Thanks. They are stock alloys and I just painted them matt black at a throw away price
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 13:30   #1263
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

A query to other Cruze owners. WA completed 52,000kms and due for a coolant change shortly. No isses in terms of heating at all. Needle stays well below half mark towards C

As per manual, stock factory coolant needs to be replaced at 50,000kms.

Would be interested to know cost and accepted delay to replace the coolant?
Old 17th February 2014, 15:05   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Since this is the most widely-read thread on the Cruze, I'm posting a query on behalf of a non-member.

His Cruze lets in some amount of fresh air even when the ACC is in manual mode with a re-circulate setting. He's given his car to Kun and I believe they are struggling to identify the cause. Did any other owner have such an issue?

While on this, I realized that the issue exists also on my WagonR, and I thought that is how it is designed. But neither of my Fords has that issue, nor does another colleague's A Star.

Thanks in advance.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 02:21   #1265

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Here are some pics of the interiors of White Annihilator after being done.

Poor picture quality due to Car Owner not being serious while taking photography lessons from me
Attachment 433089
Nice selection of colour and the texture looks good too! Can you help me find the place you got the material from? Thanks

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th February 2014 at 12:20. Reason: Please dont quote pictures
Old 18th February 2014, 12:22   #1266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
Nice selection of colour and the texture looks good too! Can you help me find the place you got the material from? Thanks
I beileve I had mentioned the details in subsequent posts. If not, here you go :-

This place is situated in Gowliguda, near the Gurudwara and forgot the name of the store as its almost 3.5 years now. I think its Leather world or something.

I bought the art leather from this place for 2.5K for entire car and paid 2K to a lovely artisan in Gunfoundry to stitch it for me

Paid a grand total of INR 4,500 for my car seat covers and even till date they look as good as brand new

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th February 2014 at 12:24.
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 07:30   #1267
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I have a Cruze LT Auto(1.8L Petrol), with 50K KM. on it. I am experiencing very loud humming noise from the A/C compressor. Has anyone else got this problem?

Normally, I wait for the engine to get warm before starting the A/C. There is no noise for a few KMs..but suddenly the humming starts as the car accelerates. I drive about 120KMs daily and this noise is quite irritating at times, specially in traffic.

I have got the issue checked at Chevy dealer, but they say that it is normal to get such a noise. I am not convinced with their diagnosis. The noise is just too loud to ignore.

Any suggestions welcome..

Cheers!!

PS - I live in Thailand, hence I have the petrol version of the Cruze.
Old 26th February 2014, 13:21   #1268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsDoggie View Post
I have a Cruze LT Auto(1.8L Petrol), with 50K KM. on it. I am experiencing very loud humming noise from the A/C compressor. Has anyone else got this problem?

Normally, I wait for the engine to get warm before starting the A/C. There is no noise for a few KMs..but suddenly the humming starts as the car accelerates. I drive about 120KMs daily and this noise is quite irritating at times, specially in traffic.
I have crossed 53K kms and havent faced this problem at all. Looks like an issue with compressor or filter. When they checked the compressor did they replenish the AC fluid?

Suggest you get a second opinion from a different dealership or a local garage.

Btw, there is no need to wait for the engine to warm before switching on AC. I normally keep the window open for about 1-2 mins to let hot air out and only after switch on the AC
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 11:09   #1269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
A query to other Cruze owners. WA completed 52,000kms and due for a coolant change shortly. No isses in terms of heating at all. Needle stays well below half mark towards C

As per manual, stock factory coolant needs to be replaced at 50,000kms.

Would be interested to know cost and accepted delay to replace the coolant?
White Annihilator has completed 53,500kms and its high time I get the coolant changed as I have already crossed 3500kms beyond the kms mentioned in the manual.

No issues till date. Infact, needle stays well below the center mark towards C

Repeating my query again, any ideas of approximate costing of this change?
P.S: My front left fog lamp bulb went kaput after 53,000+ kms
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 13:26   #1270
BHPian

Guys My Cruze Clutch is getting day by day....wen i checked with the service center they told u might have to change the entire clutch plate and smthing else which i forgot ..and it costs around 60k ... Can anybody here throw some light on in this issue Mine is a 2011 model LT..
Old 18th March 2014, 14:01   #1271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Guys My Cruze Clutch is getting day by day....wen i checked with the service center they told u might have to change the entire clutch plate and smthing else which i forgot ..and it costs around 60k ... Can anybody here throw some light on in this issue Mine is a 2011 model LT..
Your post seems incomplete.

Can you please describe the problem in detail? How many kms it has done and what type of roads that you use the car more often?

I have completed 54K kms and dont have any clutch related problems till date
Old 19th March 2014, 12:34   #1272

Usually the dealers will force you to change the DMF (Dual Mass Flywheel) which will costs arnd Rs.30k which is not at all required.

Clutch plate, preassure plate and release bearing change costs arnd 24.5k.

They will try to scare you and confuse you and force you to change parts, dont fall for it.
anup996 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 15:05   #1273

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I beileve I had mentioned the details in subsequent posts. If not, here you go :-

This place is situated in Gowliguda, near the Gurudwara and forgot the name of the store as its almost 3.5 years now. I think its Leather world or something.

I bought the art leather from this place for 2.5K for entire car and paid 2K to a lovely artisan in Gunfoundry to stitch it for me

Paid a grand total of INR 4,500 for my car seat covers and even till date they look as good as brand new
Sorry that i'm bringing this up again. I wasn't able to get the exact location of the store. I've looked it up on Justdial and all i got was a small handbags store. Is this the one?

http://www.justdial.com/Hyderabad/Le...943-J9X8_BZDET

It will be of great help if you can share the contact details of the place you got the material from and also of the guy who stitched them for you. Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 16:57   #1274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
Sorry that i'm bringing this up again. I wasn't able to get the exact location of the store.
Please send me an email at my handle @ gmail dot com

Day before yesterday, as a precautionary measure dropped White Annihilator at KUN for changing the coolant

Coolant is supposed to be changed at 50,000kms but, i hadnt changed it with 54,500kms on odo. Didnt want to take more chances so give it for its replacement

Also, one of the stock fog lamp went kaput and was to be replaced

Along with that, SA advised me to go for a 3M interior treatment on offer at Rs.1200. Sounded good so approved them to go ahead

WA takes in 7 Litres of coolant at some 250 bucks a litre and next change is at 1 lakh kms

Was a bit taken aback with the bill which came to nearly 6K

Interior work done was very good and car feels spic and span and good for summers
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_20140326_185952_edit.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_20140326_190020_edit.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_20140328_090344.jpg  

Old 31st March 2014, 20:50   #1275
BHPian

Clutch problem is not there now but little bit hard but drivable.But today some issue for ac came,its compressor is not working only the blower is working and in the display screen its showing -45 degrees. .i checked with a local garage but gas everything is fine..Anybody faced the same issue.if so please advice me how to rectify it...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks