Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2013, 14:17   #1126
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You can look at Michelin Primacy as an alternate as they are a good balance of comfort and ride/handling.

Yokohomas can also be considered if your looking at only sporty nature of the tyre but, beware they tend to wear out a lot earlier ( 25k kms- 30k kms)
thank you mobike,will get it and post my experience with it soon
Old 26th May 2013, 12:26   #1127
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Could post frontal view pics of the tires which show the tread depth ?
Here you go. These are some pictures taken last weekend during a short weekend trip out of town.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6216.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6225.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6222.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6231.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6276.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6285.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6234.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6264.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 02:12   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
thank you mobike,will get it and post my experience with it soon
I have Michelin Primacy LC on my Cruze. I would suggest that you Yoko DB Drives or Continental (CPC2).

I have had numerous punctures and a side wall cut. And I am a careful driver. The comfort, I agree is quite good and I am happy with it. But it is too soft for us.

BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I just renewed the insurance for my Cruze and had to pay a whopping 30977 for 11 lakhs IDV (though I have selected Zero dep policy). Insurance rates have just started going northways now and it pinches. I first thought of reducing the IDV to something lower but then thought it might be a wise investment as my wife is now trying her hand on my car as it an AT.

I am also planning to get the car's brake calipers painted in Red or yellow. I think though I will go with yellow as they will be in contrast to the black colour wheels. Not decided completely as I like the red that I saw on your car and might follow suit. Another thing that i am planning is to get the roof blackend. Does that sound a good idea... not sure how a cruze will look with a black roof.

kailash
I renewed in May with L&T insurance. Did not take 100% depreciation. And I paid 18k for 11.8 L IDV. I switched out of Bajaj Allianz.

I think black roof will look okay.

Quote:
Topped up fuel last evening and got an exact 13kmpl in city condition with 100% AC

What is most suprising is that this tank saw the most amount of idling with AC on due to hot weather. Stop at a point and keep the car ON with AC switched ON for long periods.

A rough guess would be atleast 1.5 hours of idling in this tankful. So impressed with the FE even more.

Btw, ordered for Cruze body cover from Tradus.com for Rs.580

When I called KUN dealership, they quoted Rs.1900 for the body cover
My FE is really jacked up. On the MID it is 11.5 these days (down from 14.5 earlier before 15k service). I am still struggling with the wheel wobble and misalignment! They have fixed it several time, but never quite properly.

My engine oil is quite thick and I am wondering if I should replace the oil now. I am running at 21k. Let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Nice, Avinash!

Also, my LT is due for insurance renewal in June. Best quote (so far) is HDFC Ergo at 17k for 10 lakhs IDV with 25% NCB. Must say, the rising insurance premiums are largely offsetting the NCB :-(

What do you think? Lower the IDV to around 9.5 lakhs? Car has run nearly 30k in these 2 years.
Try L&T, it is cheaper and apparently quite easy to deal with. I went through my regular agent and it turned out cheaper than policybazaar!!

@mods: please merge with previous post.

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th May 2013 at 12:34. Reason: Merged
Old 30th May 2013, 10:30   #1129
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, will try L&TGI.

Best quote so far is around 14.5k (after 25% NCB) from Bajaj Allianz with an IDV of Rs. 9.5 lakhs (2 years, 30k k). HDFC Ergo refusing to budge below 17k even though I insure my Polo (50% NCB) with them.
Looks like insurers are consciously lowering the discounts as well as raising their Own Damage (OD) %age rates to increase their margin from car insurance.

Plus TP rates have jumped as well
Old 17th June 2013, 14:39   #1130
BHPian

I must admit that this thread has lion's share in the decision to buy Cruze then. The snap from my summer Tadoba visit for your eyes
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-cruzed.jpg  

sanstorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 08:53   #1131
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week, White Annihilator has touched the "40,000kms" mark

Super awesome 40K kms with this car. No troubles and has been the smoothest journey from all the cars that I owned. Touch wood !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-1001322_4862386569727_295616491_n.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 12:04   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last week, White Annihilator has touched the "40,000kms" mark

Super awesome 40K kms with this car. No troubles and has been the smoothest journey from all the cars that I owned. Touch wood !!!
Congrats! Even I crossed 40 K on my Fiesta recently. Looks like you and I use our cars to the same extent!

By the way, when we were following you last week, we found lots of smoke billowing from your exhaust whenever you were accelerating. Is that normal or the effect of the RD box?
Old 18th June 2013, 22:53   #1133
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats! Even I crossed 40 K on my Fiesta recently. Looks like you and I use our cars to the same extent!
Come on! Start using the car like I do. It is good as we can get a long term ownership update quicker.

BTW, Congrats Avinash!

Quote:
By the way, when we were following you last week, we found lots of smoke billowing from your exhaust whenever you were accelerating. Is that normal or the effect of the RD box?
The smoke that you saw is normal and it was existing pre-RD installation. I had pointed out this to Avi on the first meet.

Saw a few other Cruze too with such smoking ability! The only minus point is the rear bumper gets blackened due to the sooth development. If not cleaned spoils the looks. Darker colours don't have this issue as it gets hidden.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 19th June 2013, 09:24   #1134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The smoke that you saw is normal and it was existing pre-RD installation. I had pointed out this to Avi on the first meet.

Saw a few other Cruze too with such smoking ability! The only minus point is the rear bumper gets blackened due to the sooth development. If not cleaned spoils the looks. Darker colours don't have this issue as it gets hidden.

Cheers,
Anurag.
I would say , Cruze is the car equivalent of WDM-3A,WDM-2 locos of the railways. Those also spew smoke generously!

But i feel, a diesel car spewing smoke under hard acceleration is kinda cool to look at! I was following a Cruze on NH4 last month and whenever the turbo kicked in, there was this huge puff of black smoke ejected and the car just rocketed forward! My i20 on other hand smokes only with a choked air filter even with RD box in mode P2.
Old 19th June 2013, 12:27   #1135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. We use the same way but, at half the duration. Mine is in 3 years and yours in 6 years.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

A small billow of smoke is normal for Cruze as I have seen it in almost every Cruze under hard accelaration. However, its not disconcerting inside the cabin as its not visible to myself or co-passengers.

Problem is with fellow road users when they get SMOKED (Figuratively and Literally)
Old 20th June 2013, 16:00   #1136
BHPian

Hello! I'd like to thank you for sharing this fantastic thread about your Cruze. I've been following it since 2010. It has helped immensely in my family's buying decision of our '11 Cruze LT.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 19:40   #1137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Hello! I'd like to thank you for sharing this fantastic thread about your Cruze. I've been following it since 2010. It has helped immensely in my family's buying decision of our '11 Cruze LT.
Thanks for the compliment. Iam glad this thread helped you choose the Cruze. We cruze lovers are indeed passionate about our steed

Update

Last weekend drove 1800kms ; Hyderabad-Coorg-Bangalore-Hyderabad

Hyderabad to Coorg ( 925kms)

This is the second longest drive in the Cruze in a single day and it was indeed tiring as did 550kms in 5 hours and remaining in about 9 hours including 2-3 breaks

Last 100kms of the drive was pure bliss and drove in torrential rains through hilly terrain and losing our way in coorg mountains in pitch dark ghats in heavy rains, zero visiblity etc. It was an adventure to remember

Coorg to Bangalore
We were misguided by the resort where we stayed to take a short cut and one particular stretch of 100kms took us nearly 3 hours as the roads were so bad, it was not even meant for Jeeps and drove through lonely national forest park roads with elephant crossing boards all over the place

WA performed flawlessly and barged through all the rough terrain and was hitting great speeds on NH roads leaving everyone behind.

Overall, I got an average of 14kmpl with most of the drive in P2 mode and realized there is not much difference in any mode so it will now stay in P2 mode forever

A few pictures from this trip, sorry for the quality all taken from mobile camera
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20130623wa003.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20130623wa033.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20130623wa014.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20130623wa052.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20130623wa060.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20130623wa066.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20130623wa063.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20130623wa037.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20130623wa070.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20130623wa017.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th June 2013 at 19:41.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 08:41   #1138
Distinguished - BHPian

Sharing a few better quality pictures taken from my DSLR as against the ones taken from mobile phone in the previous post

Except for one, all pictures are just after Devenhalli going towards Doddaspette on our way to Coorg
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6385.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6387.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6391.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6396.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6392.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc6382.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 08:57   #1139
Team-BHP Support

Wish you shared more! And no rain pics?

Its time you got your bumpers painted.

Indicators on ORVM's are standard?
Old 6th July 2013, 12:25   #1140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Wish you shared more! And no rain pics?

Its time you got your bumpers painted. Indicators on ORVM's are standard?
Most of the time the rains were torrential and having spoilt my earlier DSLR during monsoons, iam a bit paranoid of stepping out in rain with it

Yeah, the front bumper especially has taken lot of hits due to gentle touches to front vehicles in bumper to bumper situations, will gift WA new painted bumpers on its 3rd birthday next month.

OVRM indicators are not standard but, an additional fit that i got done when took delivery. Cost was INR 2,500/-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks