Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 11:21   #811
BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

I would like to ask something here. I have City V/MT (2010) & the beige interiors though calming do get dirty quite often. The biggest problem is the door trim (fabric). What can be done for this. I tried cleaning them but they do get blackened over the time.

Also the car is used very infrequently. ~2-5 times a month since I have two more small cars therefore the ODO is still @ 16.5k even after 1.5 years. Which oil should I use.

Lastly is HONDA the only source for parts like wipers & pads or other
Old 18th May 2012, 13:50   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
I would like to ask something here. I have City V/MT (2010) & the beige interiors though calming do get dirty quite often. The biggest problem is the door trim (fabric). What can be done for this. I tried cleaning them but they do get blackened over the time.
You can get them cleaned from outside cleaning shops like interior cleaners or prepare a solution of gentle detergent (the one we use for woolen cloths) and wipe the surface with cotton cloth soaked in detergent.

Quote:
Also the car is used very infrequently. ~2-5 times a month since I have two more small cars therefore the ODO is still @ 16.5k even after 1.5 years. Which oil should I use.
Use mineral oil only.

Quote:
Better to use genuine Honda stuffs till the warranty expires. (I will never suggest to use brake pads other than OEM, few hundred rupees should not cost you your safety and life).
Old 18th May 2012, 13:55   #813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You could use the BOSCH wipers; they'd be slightly better but more expensive than the OEM ones.
Old 19th May 2012, 10:54   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
You can get them cleaned from outside cleaning shops like interior cleaners or prepare a solution of gentle detergent (the one we use for woolen cloths) and wipe the surface with cotton cloth soaked in detergent.
Tried cleaning but still they are not as clean as I want them to be. I was hoping to get them upholstered. I remember seeing a picture on the site from a member who had got it done in beige, but I am unable to find it :(

Quote:
Better to use genuine Honda stuffs till the warranty expires. (I will never suggest to use brake pads other than OEM, few hundred rupees should not cost you your safety and life).
I've no intentions to use substandard parts but only genuine after market parts from reputed manufacturers like BOSCH. Its just that HONDA charges a premium on everything & I was hoping if there are any options available. All the absolute essential parts would definitely be sourced from HONDA anyway if they risk voiding the warranty.

I was hoping to get good quality Headlamps, headlights, taillights from a different source if they don't hinder with warranty & serves the purpose at a cheaper price. Is it worth it.

Quote:
Use mineral oil only.
Oops.. forgot to followup on this I hope MODS would merge this with proper editing.

For how many kilo-meters should I use mineral oil & then should I go for full synthetic or semi-synthetic.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th May 2012 at 15:10.
Old 19th May 2012, 16:48   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For how many kilo-meters should I use mineral oil & then should I go for full synthetic or semi-synthetic.
I don't think that there is any definite interval/period from which one should use synthetic/mineral oil, just ensure that the engine is completely flushed before changing to other type of oil.

But I don't think you need to switch to synthetic/semi-synthetic considering your low mileage running, rest experts may clarify.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 22:53   #816
Senior - BHPian

Looks like my car's AC is having some issue.

I am observing from last one week that the cooling performance is decreasing day by day. For afternoons I can blame the 42-44 degree heat in NCR but for evening also the A/C is not chilling as it's used to do before. To make things simple WagonR and i10 cools faster and better than City.

Anyone faced some issues with A/C of Honda City? Possible causes? Car is only 11000KM & one and a half year old. Blower is working fine. Could it be a thermostat issue? Compressor doesn't cut off? Mileage drop to 12/13 from 14/15 with A/C on.

I am going out of station for couple of days and will be able to get it checked by next weekend only.

Last edited by bluevolt : 25th May 2012 at 22:59.
Old 25th May 2012, 22:58   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am observing from last one week that the cooling performance is decreasing day by day. For afternoons I can blame the 42-44 degree heat in NCR but for evening also the A/C is not chilling as it's used to do before.

Anyone faced some issues with A/C of Honda City? Possible causes? Car is only 11000KM & one and a half year old.
Most probably it's issue with AC gas. It might have decreased, get it checked at A.S.S, and if your car is in warranty, they might top it up for free.

Cheers
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 22:58   #818
Senior - BHPian

^ the ambient temperature this time around is too high for effective cooling moreso without the tints.
Try to roll down all the windows and drive for a bit before the engine is warmed (happens very quickly in summers) and then put the AC on at full blow. This helps the car getting cooler much faster than to try and cool the heated air trapped inside.

It always works for me. Try this else a visit to service station always helps.

All the best!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 23:03   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Most probably it's issue with AC gas. It might have decreased, get it checked at A.S.S, and if your car is in warranty, they might top it up for free.

Cheers
Sameer
Yes it is in warranty. It is hardly one and a half year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
^ the ambient temperature this time around is too high for effective cooling moreso without the tints.
My car still has the tints (NCR cops hasn't bothered me till date) but the issue is persistent even in the evening like 8-9PM. I will get it checked by next weekend.
Old 26th May 2012, 08:51   #820
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I am observing from last one week that the cooling performance is decreasing day by day. For afternoons I can blame the 42-44 degree heat in NCR but for evening also the A/C is not chilling as it's used to do before. To make things simple WagonR and i10 cools faster and better than City.

Anyone faced some issues with A/C of Honda City? Possible causes? Car is only 11000KM & one and a half year old. Blower is working fine. Could it be a thermostat issue? Compressor doesn't cut off? Mileage drop to 12/13 from 14/15 with A/C on.
Is the temp. of the air throw fine?

Have the a/c vents and ducts checked. I complained about irregular air throw in my City and the problem turned out to be too much dust in the a/c ducts.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2012, 10:55   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

I am going out of station for couple of days and will be able to get it checked by next weekend only.
Bluevolt you have mentioned car running 11000km. One question Did you get your 10k service done. If yes did they clean the Ac filter. I had observed improved AC performance after the filter is cleaned
mm403 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2012, 12:22   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Bluevolt you have mentioned car running 11000km. One question Did you get your 10k service done. If yes did they clean the Ac filter. I had observed improved AC performance after the filter is cleaned
+1

You need to clean the AC filter atleast once a month. It's a pretty simple task that you can do it yourself within 5-10 minutes. It will improve the AC performance + eliminate any bad odour.
junkishya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2012, 14:06   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
+1

You need to clean the AC filter atleast once a month. It's a pretty simple task that you can do it yourself within 5-10 minutes. It will improve the AC performance + eliminate any bad odour.
How is it accessed?

Is any DIY demo available on the net?

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th May 2012, 16:14   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
+1

You need to clean the AC filter atleast once a month..
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Is the temp. of the air throw fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Bluevolt you have mentioned car running 11000km. One question Did you get your 10k service done. If yes did they clean the Ac filter.
Yes the car was serviced recently and I hope they carried out all service related activities including cleaning A/C filter. I have to get the grill temperature checked by Honda guys and will ask them to diagnose the problem.

FYI the air throw is powerful and there is no smell etc, it is just that the air is not cool enough to chill the cabin as it used to do before no matter if it was evening or afternoon.

Will report after getting Venus checked by Ring Road Honda guys!

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th May 2012 at 16:17.
Old 26th May 2012, 19:51   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the car was serviced recently and I hope they carried out all service related activities including cleaning A/C filter. I have to get the grill temperature check....
Clean the A/C heat exchanger (in front of the radiator) with water to remove any dust/debris that restricts air flow. It could've been missed in service.

Do you hear a hissing noise when the compressor cuts in??
JustCause is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks