Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2019, 12:18   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
I had got H27 for my grand i10 for Rs 1500 from Aliexpress. You can check my thread created here a few weeks back.
Try this one. I have other lights (h4, h8, h1..) from this vendor on both my cars and I can recommend it.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/xNwBBx6
Old 2nd January 2019, 13:50   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Try this one. I have other lights (h4, h8, h1..) from this vendor on both my cars and I can recommend it.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/xNwBBx6
Why will i order another pair when my current LEDs are working fine? Mine too has CSP chips only.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 13:58   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Why will i order another pair when my current LEDs are working fine? Mine too has CSP chips only.
Sorry - not you. The user who asked for these first.
Old 2nd January 2019, 23:17   #139
BHPian

Philips LED headlight bulbs generation 2 are now available.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4521304 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)

Cross-posting this here due to relevance.
Old 3rd January 2019, 01:10   #140

Dear friends,

I have a 2015 XUV 500 and encouraged with an overpowering love of white lights and your assessments, went ahead with an upgrade.

Since i stay in Thane, i googled and went to a car accessories shop in Naupada area. I was initially focussed on only Osram Night Breaker lasers for my low beam but after some convincing interaction with the guys there, opted to adopt LEDs for both my fogs and low beams. He gave me a choice between P8 (costing INR 6500 a pair; 1 year warranty) and DHC (costing INR 5500 a pair; 2 yrs warranty) and i opted for the latter in h7 for low beam and h8 for fogs.

Images of light spread are attached herewith. The brighter one is where fogs are on.

Need guidance as follows:

1. The beam pattern seems less intense on Right than Left. I tried swapping the bulbs but same result. The guys told me to get my projector checked but am not sure. Any suggestions on what might be the issue

2. The headlight cap is not fitting because of all the paraphernalia accompanying the led fitment. Should that be a cause for concern?

Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-20190101_202843.jpg  

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-20190101_202828.jpg  

Nemesis_500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 02:18   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis_500 View Post

2. The headlight cap is not fitting because of all the paraphernalia accompanying the led fitment. Should that be a cause for concern?

Regards.
You will have dust and moisture in your headlamps, advise you to get it done immediately otherwise get ready to pay for new headlamps.

My ultinon's are perfect fit and don't leave the headlight cap loose.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 07:37   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
You will have dust and moisture in your headlamps, advise you to get it done immediately otherwise get ready to pay for new headlamps.

My ultinon's are perfect fit and don't leave the headlight cap loose.
Thanks buddy. Any comments on the light beam pattern?

Also, are Ultinons good for projectors? I read here https://www.lumileds.com/news/317/50...re-Stylish-Car that they are not hence asking.

Regards..
Old 3rd January 2019, 16:04   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Keep some halogens during the trip incase the LEDs fail, you can easily swap them on your own and continue. Safe travels.
Reached back in Bangalore after the trip on 31st morning, thanks for all the suggestions and comments here.

As you said, I did carry the halogens with me and that was a life saver. When we reached Hyderabad, it was pretty dark and the LEDs for the dim lights were not at all enough for highway driving. We swapped them mid way and continued the journey, the H1 I used for high was pretty decent and served its purpose throughout. Need to get a new pair for high and low as you guys have suggested.
Old 4th January 2019, 18:43   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis_500 View Post
Need guidance as follows:

1. The beam pattern seems less intense on Right than Left. I tried swapping the bulbs but same result. The guys told me to get my projector checked but am not sure. Any suggestions on what might be the issue

Regards.
Couple of things to check. Are the LEDs vertical and throwing lights right and left when inserted on the right projector. Sometimes if they get turned a bit the beam pattern focus can get altered. Do these lights allow rotation? Some amount of improvement can be done by rotating the orientation of the LEDs. Can you take and share a pic of the throw closer on a wall from 5-6 feet. that will give a better comparison with both projectors pattern. If its a projector issue it will show up with a halogen also. You can try that as well. Swapping LEDs on right side will require you to open the nuts for the coolant tank.

Dont keep the headlight without dust cap. Slowly dust will form inside and spoil the headlamp. My experience tells me lights upto 82mm fit fine with OEM dust cap. You can see my orig thread images on 1st page. If yours is longer and protruding out then order new set of dusts caps from aliexpress which are bigger with more room, dont cost much, but till then use halogens with dust caps.
Old 10th January 2019, 17:54   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
No wiring changes or relays required as they are within the original 60/55W spec and have the standard connectors.

Pick the ones you need to order based on this table in the Scorpio manual. Section 2.4 Bulb Specifications in the online version https://www.withyouhamesha.com/owner...PIO-mHawk.html

I installed these and fair warning, the throw is pretty long - and super bright. Use high beam and fogs rarely if at all.
@hserus Shall check it out, thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 18:00   #146
BHPian

A general question. For vehicles that were not fitted with OEM LED lamps, does our motor policy allow to use LED bulbs. Thinking if it would create any issue with the cops in the future.

Also, since the bulbs are mounted to our existing setting, would it impact the throw or distribution of light in anyway, meaning would it be difficult for the opposing vehicle or would it blind in any way.

I predominantly use low beams, but want to ensure I don't pose any problems to general traffic / public

Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 18:03   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
A general question. For vehicles that were not fitted with OEM LED lamps, does our motor policy allow to use LED bulbs. Thinking if it would create any issue with the cops in the future.

Also, since the bulbs are mounted to our existing setting, would it impact the throw or distribution of light in anyway, meaning would it be difficult for the opposing vehicle or would it blind in any way.
You will have to get any new bulbs you install zeroed so the throw is correct.

I have not seen the motor policy prohibit LED headlight bulbs. They would probably go after lightbars and aux lights first.
Old 11th January 2019, 01:30   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post

I predominantly use low beams, but want to ensure I don't pose any problems to general traffic / public

Thanks
Throw is entirely dependent on the bulb type you buy. There is enough discussion on that in this thread to help answer your questions.

Regarding motor policy it is bit debatable. Ideally any mod other than OEM is something that can be an issue but also depends how much enforcement really happens.
Old 23rd January 2019, 20:37   #149
BHPian

I am unable to find the listing on AliExpress. Could you please help with the link?
Old 23rd January 2019, 21:01   #150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I am unable to find the listing on AliExpress. Could you please help with the link?
I think the link to that item is this.

Search for "iLens" in AliExpress, you'll get the item.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks