Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2018, 14:35   #826
BHPian

Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Hi Guys,

Please recommend a shop near NIBM road pune for car steering cover and door pad leather wrap.

Last edited by shashant : 2nd February 2018 at 14:57.
Old 28th February 2018, 13:28   #827
Senior - BHPian

I have art leather covers in my MS Vitara Brezza. I got it installed just two months back without thinking about summer. Summer is approaching and I can feel that in my car seats. Is there any solution for that? I noticed people at Panipat cover their car seats by cotton towels. Is it advisable to cover art leather seats with those cotton towels(at least during 4 months of summer)?

Example:
Art Leather Seat Covers-car-c.jpg

Last edited by SJM1214 : 28th February 2018 at 13:34.
Old 28th February 2018, 13:44   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Hi All,
Finally done Car seat with Aravind Car Accessories, Tambaram-Velacherry Road-Chennai. No one in and around that area except Aravind was ready to do as per my requirement, most of them suggested for seat covers and when I asked for matching the same seat covers, most of them blinked or tried to tell me that it is not possible. Settled with Auto Signature Brand of Seat Cover. Fit and finish looks good, except a few glitches, which was readily redone by them. Design pattern and color choice was given by me and the seat covers are delivered as promised. Few pictures clicked from mobile.

Attachment 1693153
Attachment 1693154
Attachment 1693155
Attachment 1693156
Looks really good and could you share the costs if you don't mind it
Hope you have covered door trims too. whether they do steering wheel in leather as OEM fit?
I am looking for seats and steering wheel with leather preferably for Linea.
Old 28th February 2018, 13:45   #829
BHPian

Cotton towels fitted like this will always slide whenever you'll sit or get down. Better to get the towels stitched.
Old 1st March 2018, 09:39   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Better to get the towels stitched.
Thanks for the suggestion. I approached my seat cover guy, he is ready to make removable seat covers from cotton towels. The only issue is, he"ll not be able to make the cover for rear seat armrest. That's ok for me.
Old 1st March 2018, 14:10   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I approached my seat cover guy, he is ready to make removable seat covers from cotton towels. The only issue is, he"ll not be able to make the cover for rear seat armrest. That's ok for me.
The towel seat covers are available with Elegant Seat Covers . Please check their web site for various options .

these are also available on amazon , you may check with sellers before placing an order .

https://elegantautoretail.com/collec...car-seat-cover
Old 1st April 2018, 12:44   #832
BHPian

Guys I was in the market today for art leather seat covers for my Hexa XMA. I liked few of them but the thing that is bothering me is that they were saying that they remove the seats from the car and then install the seat cover. Is this the way it is done? I remember clearly when I got art leather seat covers installed in my Ecosport nothing of this sort was done. And they look very neat. Please help me out in this.
Old 1st April 2018, 13:20   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I was in the market today for art leather seat covers for my Hexa XMA. I liked few of them but the thing that is bothering me is that they were saying that they remove the seats from the car and then install the seat cover. Is this the way it is done? I remember clearly when I got art leather seat covers installed in my Ecosport nothing of this sort was done. And they look very neat. Please help me out in this.
Hey buddy its a common step to remove the whole seat in order to fix the seat cover. It is just removing few bolts and sensor wires attached to the bottom of your seat.
Akib Khan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 14:46   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Is this the way it is done?
It can be done without removing too. This is how I know - I went to a shop to get seat covers for my Polo. After removing the first two bolts of the front seat, he realized that his tailor had stitched the back seat incorrectly. So he asked me to come back later. While putting the bolt back, he put that cross. And he tightened it so much that he couldn't unscrew it. We had to go to a welder who welded a bigger screw on top of the bolt and then we were able to unscrew. Later when he had the right set of seats, he put the covers on without removing the seats. When I asked him why he didn't have to remove the seats this time, no answer.
shifu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 17:24   #835
BHPian

Thank you guys for the replies. So what I understand now is that it can be done either way. Tomorrow I shall go and talk to them about installing the seat covers without removing the seats.
Old 1st April 2018, 17:53   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you guys for the replies. So what I understand now is that it can be done either way. Tomorrow I shall go and talk to them about installing the seat covers without removing the seats.
Yes it can be done either ways but I doubt the fit and finish will be the same. I don't see any harm in removing your seats and getting the cover fitted. Plus point is you can ask the installer to clean your carpet which is rather inaccessible when the seat is fixed.
Old 9th April 2018, 15:45   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
n. I approached my seat cover guy, he is ready to make removable seat covers from cotton towels.
My cotton towel seat covers are ready and installed on the seats. Quality is ok, the best part is, the cotton material is breathable and feels nice. I will keep this covers for summer months and than remove it.

Why Blue? Well, My Daughter's favourite colour is blue.
My Car is MS Vitara Brezza.
Art Leather Seat Covers-towel.jpg
Art Leather Seat Covers-toewl2.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 18:25   #838
BHPian

Hi All,

Has anybody tried wellfit seat covers? I am told by an accessory shop close by that this is a well known automotive seat cover brand and that their fitting and quality of the material (Artificial Leather) is pretty good.

I don't see this brand being mentioned by any bhpian though. Let me know if anybody has any first hand experience with this brand. I am looking for Artificial leather seat covers with a price cap of 20K.

Thanks.
vishnurp99 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 13:25   #839
BHPian

Does anyone have experience with the seat covers offered by Honda? I believe they are selling PU leather seat covers by Ovion Lifestyle.

I'm the lookout for a decent seat cover for my Amaze 2018. Although I prefer pure leather seat covers, deficiency in vitamin M is forcing me to opt for PU leather.

I enquired at a couple of places in Bangalore. I got the quote of 15k for art leather (note that steering will cost 3k extra, door pads 4k extra). The quotation for pure leather ranged from 35k to 45k.

Honda dealer is quoting 8 to 9k for the PU leather.

1) Would the quality of the seat covers by dealer be similar to the ones like in Marvin?

2) Are the perforated PU leathers any good? Wouldn't the liquid leak through the perforations and reach the inner cover in case on liquid spill? Is it easy to clean like non-perforated PU leather seats?
Old 8th June 2018, 01:46   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Does anyone have experience with the seat covers offered by Honda? I believe they are selling PU leather seat covers by Ovion Lifestyle.

I'm the lookout for a decent seat cover for my Amaze 2018. Although I prefer pure leather seat covers, deficiency in vitamin M is forcing me to opt for PU leather.

I enquired at a couple of places in Bangalore. I got the quote of 15k for art leather (note that steering will cost 3k extra, door pads 4k extra). The quotation for pure leather ranged from 35k to 45k.

Honda dealer is quoting 8 to 9k for the PU leather.

1) Would the quality of the seat covers by dealer be similar to the ones like in Marvin?

2) Are the perforated PU leathers any good? Wouldn't the liquid leak through the perforations and reach the inner cover in case on liquid spill? Is it easy to clean like non-perforated PU leather seats?
Deficiency in Vitamin M -- Thats so funny. I like your style mate. You got a certain flair to expressing.

As for perforated PU - I would avoid using perforated seats simply because they seem less durable than regular ones. Think about it, anything with holes would imply less strength than something without it. Now, granted those perforations are not that deep and chances are no liquids would spill/pass through them but it still makes the material less strong in my opinion and more likely to tear and show signs of age. Now, most people would probably disagree with that statement but I believe its simply deductive reasoning and is therefore, hard to refute.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks