Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:10   #61
BHPian

Guys, I am having hard time to find a dual barrel foot pump for my vehicle. Check out a couple of stores in Bangalore. Is there anyone who stock the same ? Can you guide me to the said place.

Many stores have local unbranded [ surprisingly all are manufactured in Baroda ! ] for INR 250. Is it worth the price ?
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:03   #62
abs
BHPian

www.coido.com tire inflator #2157

Got Coido Tire Inflator (300 psi!!!) air compressor from Rehman Hardwares in GP road, Chennai for Rs 950/- (along with a tubeless puncture kit) a couple of weeks back.

COIDO CORPORATION

It also has 3 noozle adapters for inflating various other things like rafts, inflatable gear and football/volleyball and a a bright light/flasher with a removable red cover.

Already have a 7 year old footpump (Payal brand) which still works well but requires quite an effort to fill my xylo tyres upto the required 35/41 psi.

Coido manufactures only tyre inflators and related stuff. Any one else using coido products?your feedback please.

Felt the need for one during a trek to Nagalapuram on 10 and 11th this month. One of the groups scorpio had a flat tyre and a flat stepney AND my Xylo's stepney was also flat during our onward journey itself (the Scorpio and Xylo were the only SUV/MUV class vehicles in the group).

The Chennai Trekking Club: Nagala/37 - N/37, Oct 10-11, 2009

We had to wait about 1.5 hrs to get it to the nearest bunk to fill air. I didn't take the footpump as I thought having 3 flats was very very very improbable.

Will be taking it to this weekends Nagalapuram trek
abs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2009, 12:41   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys, I am having hard time to find a dual barrel foot pump for my vehicle. Check out a couple of stores in Bangalore. Is there anyone who stock the same ? Can you guide me to the said place.

Many stores have local unbranded [ surprisingly all are manufactured in Baroda ! ] for INR 250. Is it worth the price ?
Can anyone help me out with my requirement in BLR
Old 26th October 2009, 13:05   #64
BANNED

Quote:
JC Road maybe?? We need to find out where we can get COIDO stuff like the one above.

I am on the lookout too. If i come across something will post it on here.
Old 26th October 2009, 13:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It would have helped your cause if you had updated your location in your profile. "@driver seat" will surely have confused everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
JC Road maybe?? We need to find out where we can get COIDO stuff like the one above.

I am on the lookout too. If i come across something will post it on here.
SF, I wrote to COIDO last week asking them details of their product and their Bangalore outlet, if any. No response.

Do update if you are having better luck.
Old 26th March 2010, 02:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hi! I wanted to buy a digital tyre pressure gauge from the U.S. Please help me know whether it will work in India. Might sound foolish, but I want to confirm.
Thanks!
Old 26th March 2010, 09:01   #67
BHPian

^
dont find any reason for it to be not working here. Im using one that i got from UK. I believe the nozzles are standard measurements
Old 26th March 2010, 10:14   #68
BANNED

Let me add my tuppence worth. I have not used air from petrol bunks / service stations for the past 30+ years. There were two issues - their air compressor is often near the washing area so the air has a high moisture content, and the tyres (cross ply in those days) warmed up in driving to the pump.

In the early days (1973-1992 or so) I used a foot pump. Then I switched to small electric pumps. These are mostly of Chinese origin, and available locally for about Rs.800. They work pretty well for at least five years. In that time the nozzle rubber (which attaches to the tyre valve) wears out. I buy an inexpensive gauge check it out and change that after about three years. One big advantage of having our own pump is that when you have a flat the spare is almost invariably very low on air (how many of us keep an eye on the spare pressure).
Old 26th March 2010, 10:43   #69
BHPian

Most of these inflators are extremely slow! It takes anywhere between 7 to 15 minutes to fill one tire. Any recommendations for a faster pump?
Old 26th March 2010, 10:56   #70
Senior - BHPian

Here please see the Solar Digital Tyre Gauge bought from ebay.
I found it is working fine and gives accurate reading:

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-tire-gauge-001.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-tire-gauge-002.jpg
Old 26th March 2010, 10:58   #71
Senior - BHPian

can you give me the link to this item? how much did you pay
Old 26th March 2010, 14:23   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Most of these inflators are extremely slow! It takes anywhere between 7 to 15 minutes to fill one tire. Any recommendations for a faster pump?
The time you are mentioning is from a totally flat tyre. If you want faster then the normal cigarette lighter power may be inadequate!
Old 26th March 2010, 14:30   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
can you give me the link to this item? how much did you pay
+
purchased it through ebay and I paid Rs.599 +Rs.69.
But seems this product is not in ebay listing presently.

However the supplier contact was: Mr Yadwinder singh
shopper.world@yahoo.com
Old 26th March 2010, 14:33   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
hey
i had something like this. i dont know the exact name but it just had compressor written over it.it used to get its power from the cigarette lighter socket and the other end used to go into the tyre. its was a little handy when we went out of town but unfortunately it stopped working.but would really like to gt something similar to that.

any idea where i can get something like that but not too expensive..

Rev
You can get for under 1000 bucks. I got mine for about 700 from a local tyre dealer with the assurance that it wasn't very reliable. And I found out a few days back when I tried to pump up some air into the front right tyre of my car. The pump makes a lot of noise, the pressure guage shot right up to 120/130, but the tyre remained as it was. No air seemed to get into it. I checked the mouth of the nozzle. The pump does try to put out air, and when I blocked the nozzle head with my finger the pressure gauge did start climbing. But as to its accuracy or whether it can really push air into the 30-psi inflated tyre, I have my doubts. I am planning to go for a foot pump and a good tyre pressure guage if I can find it around here.

In my opinion the pump is too weak to be of any real use.
Old 27th June 2010, 13:09   #75
BHPian

Has anyone bought this gauge (Michelin) in Bangalore?
Amazon.com: Michelin Brand12279 Digital Programmable Tire Gauge: Automotive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks