Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2011, 17:02   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Folks,
Below are pictures of my air pressure guage that I bought from Amazon while in the US, and also the Dubai-made air compressor that I bought 4 years ago for Rs 900 from a shop nearby.

The air compressor fills up a deflated tyre in 3 minutes approximately, and has different add on nozzles for filling air in footballs, cycle tyres and inflatable dolls. It also has a light with an interchangeable glass cover---one clear and one in orange.

The only flip side is the built in air guage, which goes upto 260 psi, which I cannot rely on. Therefore I bought the guage from Amazon.

I'll post the pics from my smart phone, as the pictures in it are not pairing up with this laptop.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 17:06   #167
Senior - BHPian

Pictures attached from phone are below. I get tremendous confidence over long drives having the below devices. With tubeless tyres, even a puncture takes a long time for the tyre to get deflated, and the devices kind of assure me that I need no longer fret over punctures.
Attached Images

Last edited by vnabhi : 25th September 2011 at 17:09.
Old 26th September 2011, 00:41   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
I found this kinda cool pump at dealextreme.
Mini Car Air Compressor Pump Inflator with Red LED Emergency Light (DC 12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
Price after conversion comes to around Rs.2200.
I am having the same item, bought from ebay india for ~Rs.1050. No brand name is written on it.
It is good and served me for more than a year.
Recently bought another one - Coido make -Rs.1000 - for giving it to my dad. Coido seems to make slightly more sound than the old one.
Here are the pics of both items:
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-11.jpg
Coido:
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-coido-dc-12v-tire-inflator-3326_3320023_b.jpg
Old 26th September 2011, 13:43   #169
Senior - BHPian

Check out the LIMI Tyre Inflator that I got here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2490560
Solid Made in India quality. Price is 2.4K. Using with my Fortuner and going solid.
Old 26th September 2011, 21:35   #170
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

A Friend in need is a friend indeed - case in point here with 2 friends !
A friend bought this for me from Amazon (shipped to his US address). Another friend carried it when he traveled to India.
This is the Michelin Programmable digital Tyre pressure gauge. Features/contents:
White LED Flashlight, Pressure gauge Range 5-99 PSI, Blue backlight dispay, Rubber grip and a protective Pouch.
Build quality seems to be good.

Couple of pictures here:
Packaging:
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-packaging.jpg

Gauge and the Pouch:
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-gauge-case.jpg

Did some research on the net before buying it. The same product is sold under Michelin brand and Accutire and surprisingly Michelin was cheaper at $17. Accutire costs $22. Also enquired in Bangalore and found out the Accutire one was available for about Rs.2250 so seems like a good buy on amazon.

Accutire on amazon - Amazon.com: Accutire MS-4751B Digital and Programmable Tire Gauge with LED Flashlight: Automotive

Michelin on amazon - Amazon.com: Michelin 12279 Digital Programmable Tire Gauge: Automotive

Will post comments/feedback after I use it.

Last edited by NPV : 26th September 2011 at 21:37.
Old 25th October 2011, 12:59   #171
BHPian

I have bought Slime Digi inflator recently. Do we have to run the engine on, when the compressor is in work so as to prevent draining of the battery? Please advice.
Old 28th October 2011, 15:46   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
I have bought Slime Digi inflator recently. Do we have to run the engine on, when the compressor is in work so as to prevent draining of the battery? Please advice.
Its really a useful one. Just takes 1/2 a minute to inflate a tire to desired psi and also crosschecked with an analog guage to check the precision. It is pucca, and also I dont have to line up in the petrol pumps anymore for air.

Since I received varied thoughts from many folks about whether to keep the engine running during inflating, playing safe by running the engine as it takes not more than 3 minutes for 5 tires overall.
Old 28th October 2011, 17:02   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
Its really a useful one. Just takes 1/2 a minute to inflate a tire to desired psi and also crosschecked with an analog guage to check the precision. It is pucca, and also I dont have to line up in the petrol pumps anymore for air.

Since I received varied thoughts from many folks about whether to keep the engine running during inflating, playing safe by running the engine as it takes not more than 3 minutes for 5 tires overall.
Hi,

Did you get yours from Chennai? May I know where you got yours and for how much?

I too am thinking of buying one in case of any emergency. Thanks.
Old 28th October 2011, 17:05   #174
BHPian

Got it from my friend who traveled to US. Costed around 30$.
Old 28th October 2011, 17:16   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
A Friend in need is a friend indeed - case in point here with 2 friends !
A friend bought this for me from Amazon (shipped to his US address). Another friend carried it when he traveled to India.
This is the Michelin Programmable digital Tyre pressure gauge. Features/contents:
White LED Flashlight, Pressure gauge Range 5-99 PSI, Blue backlight dispay, Rubber grip and a protective Pouch.
Build quality seems to be good.

Couple of pictures here:
Packaging:
Attachment 615459

Gauge and the Pouch:
Attachment 615460

Did some research on the net before buying it. The same product is sold under Michelin brand and Accutire and surprisingly Michelin was cheaper at $17. Accutire costs $22. Also enquired in Bangalore and found out the Accutire one was available for about Rs.2250 so seems like a good buy on amazon.

Accutire on amazon - Amazon.com: Accutire MS-4751B Digital and Programmable Tire Gauge with LED Flashlight: Automotive

Michelin on amazon - Amazon.com: Michelin 12279 Digital Programmable Tire Gauge: Automotive

Will post comments/feedback after I use it.
I got the same unit recently through SYW. Also got the ViaAir 90. Both products are really good and total VFM.
Old 28th November 2011, 21:46   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
I am having the same item, bought from ebay india for ~Rs.1050. No brand name is written on it.
It is good and served me for more than a year.
Recently bought another one - Coido make -Rs.1000 - for giving it to my dad. Coido seems to make slightly more sound than the old one.
Here are the pics of both items:
Attachment 614895
Coido:
Attachment 614910
I have been hunting for a tire inflator pump of the automatic variety (too old and lazy to use the foot pump I guess ). I recently found the Coido available on eBay for sale. Since you already own one and use this, how good and effective do you find it? Does it take a very long time to inflate a tire? How about the on-board pressure gauge accuracy? Should I be also getting a pressure gauge separately just in case?

Sorry for bombarding you with too many questions at a time. Hope to do some really long road trips pretty soon so want to be well equipped.
Old 28th November 2011, 22:23   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
I have been hunting for a tire inflator pump of the automatic variety (too old and lazy to use the foot pump I guess ). I recently found the Coido available on eBay for sale. Since you already own one and use this, how good and effective do you find it? Does it take a very long time to inflate a tire? How about the on-board pressure gauge accuracy? Should I be also getting a pressure gauge separately just in case?

Sorry for bombarding you with too many questions at a time. Hope to do some really long road trips pretty soon so want to be well equipped.
Once I used it to fill a flat tyre(my friend's zen) and was able to fill to30psi in ~10mins. For normal top-ups, it takes~2-3mins. I found it very effective. That is the reason I bought one more and gave to my father.
The gauge has got graduations upto ~300 psi!!
So the least count is 5psi and don't expect more from it. I used to fill with +/-1psi accuracy by experience .
So if you want accuracy, then get an electronic gauge.
Old 28th November 2011, 22:39   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Once I used it to fill a flat tyre(my friend's zen) and was able to fill to30psi in ~10mins. For normal top-ups, it takes~2-3mins. I found it very effective. That is the reason I bought one more and gave to my father.
The gauge has got graduations upto ~300 psi!!
So the least count is 5psi and don't expect more from it. I used to fill with +/-1psi accuracy by experience .
So if you want accuracy, then get an electronic gauge.
Wow, thanks a lot for the info. I guess I will go ahead and place the order for it along with the tubeless tire puncture repair kit and an electronic pressure gauge, though I do hope I don't have to use any of them on my long drives . You have been very helpful, thanks again.
Old 28th November 2011, 23:57   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Wow, thanks a lot for the info. I guess I will go ahead and place the order for it along with the tubeless tire puncture repair kit and an electronic pressure gauge, though I do hope I don't have to use any of them on my long drives . You have been very helpful, thanks again.
Me too having the puncture repair kit. So far not used.
Recently a screw punctured my car tyre, but the air pressure was in-tact - the screw just acted as a plug. Since I was suffering from back pain, I just drove few kms with he screw and got it fixed in a tyre repair shop. Got it fixed without even removing the wheel!!.

Wish you a safe and trouble free long drive..
Old 6th December 2011, 17:53   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Me too having the puncture repair kit. So far not used.
Recently a screw punctured my car tyre, but the air pressure was in-tact - the screw just acted as a plug. Since I was suffering from back pain, I just drove few kms with he screw and got it fixed in a tyre repair shop. Got it fixed without even removing the wheel!!.

Wish you a safe and trouble free long drive..
My Coido portable tire inflator pump got delivered and it works like a breeze . Thanks so much for your insight and help and choosing this. Even the electronic pressure gauge works great. Looks like I am finally all set for my road trips .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks