Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 22:50   #181
BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
My Coido portable tire inflator pump got delivered and it works like a breeze . Thanks so much for your insight and help and choosing this. Even the electronic pressure gauge works great. Looks like I am finally all set for my road trips .
Hi Samarjit,

I am looking for one as well, have got a quote from hot tracks in BLR of 1200/-.

So, where did you order yours from and how much did you pay?

How long did it take to ship as I am starting off on a two week trip want it before that.

Also can you post some pics.

Thanks!
Old 9th December 2011, 07:34   #182
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb View Post
Hi Samarjit,

I am looking for one as well, have got a quote from hot tracks in BLR of 1200/-.

How long did it take to ship as I am starting off on a two week trip want it before that.

Thanks!
@ajit - do keep me posted as well, also looking for the portable tyre inflator.
Thanks in advance.
Old 9th December 2011, 15:26   #183
BHPian

I need it by 18 Dec when I leave on a 12 day trip - I am going to have pick up from a shop - going to hot tracks tomorrow for the same.

Is Hot Tracks the only such show room in Bangalore?
(I don't want to go to JC Road )
Old 10th December 2011, 18:24   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb View Post
Hi Samarjit,

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@ajit - do keep me posted as well, also looking for the portable tyre inflator.
Thanks in advance.
Ajit, I hope you already got one. Here are a few pictures and videos on how it works (pardon the quality, recorded using my phone). A thing to note it is these are only for emergency use. Not for regular use. Specially on road trips in emergencies

The COIDO portable tire inflator pump
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-12102011369.jpg

The analog pressure gauge mounted on the pump. Its not accurate. Get a digital tire pressure gauge separately. Check out the last video (sorry didnt take photos)
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-12102011370.jpg

But the COIDO portable tire inflator has a nice light for use during night. Very handy. And the cord length is long enough to reach the rear tires comfortably.
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-12102011371.jpg

Here is a video of the tire inflator @ work. The compressor sure is noisy but does the job. I am told from flat to the desired pressure it would take approximately 10 minutes for each tire. The mounted analog gauge will give a very approximate reading say between 30 to 40. Sorry about the poor quality video.

Here is a video if the digital tire pressure gauge. It gives pretty much accurate reading up to one decimal place. The PSI mode of reading the most useful obviously. Again sorry about the poor quality video.

Now my Vento is ready for long road trips .

I got both of them from eBay. PM me if you need any details.

Last edited by samarjitdhar : 10th December 2011 at 18:37. Reason: Edited YouTube URLs
samarjitdhar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 16:57   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Me too having the puncture repair kit. So far not used.
Recently a screw punctured my car tyre, but the air pressure was in-tact - the screw just acted as a plug. Since I was suffering from back pain, I just drove few kms with he screw and got it fixed in a tyre repair shop. Got it fixed without even removing the wheel!!.

Wish you a safe and trouble free long drive..
Its a late update still its worth to post it here.

Few months back I've done the WB & WA at a MRF SVC, they found a big nail during the checkup and fixed it only after removing it from the disc. Procedure is same threading, but in a different way. The thread they are using is a adhesive type on the base and its plugging it from inside to out not like the conventional tubeless thread out to inside. They've got a different thread for inserting!

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20110811-12.02.01-medium.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20110811-12.02.17-medium.jpg

They removed the red colour plastic foil over the adhesive and applied from inside and pulled the thread from outside till the tip came off, so that the thread will be intact within the tyre.
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 12:08   #186
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am off on a long distance drive next week and am located in Delhi. I am looking for a foot pump with a gauge which I can pick up somewhere in Delhi and carry it with me - should work through the cigarette lighter per se.

Any suggests - look forward to hearing from you

Old 16th December 2011, 12:36   #187
Senior - BHPian

Have anyone tried the air pump given as genuine accessory from Chevrolet?

To read more, click the 'convenience' tab after opening
Chevrolet Beat Petrol LPG Car Accessories - Chevrolet
Old 16th December 2011, 18:26   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
hey
i had something like this. i dont know the exact name but it just had compressor written over it.it used to get its power from the cigarette lighter socket and the other end used to go into the tyre. its was a little handy when we went out of town but unfortunately it stopped working.but would really like to gt something similar to that.

any idea where i can get something like that but not too expensive..

Rev
You can get these on Ebay, shopping section of rediff and indiatimes but not sure of the reliability of those.

I bought a sturdy one from a cycle shop for Rs.500 in Pune.

As a side note: I have bought basic foot pumps with gauges starting from Rs.150 - those were real flimsy but worked great for my energetic kids who wanted to fill air in their bicycle tyres and be proud of it.

The prices seen to keep going down for compressor type automatic pumps.

And yeah they have multiple uses - e.g. birthday party balloon inflator cum swimming float inflator etc. etc.

Old 16th December 2011, 22:55   #189
BHPian

I had opened my digital pressure gauge out of curiosity and this is what I found inside:
There were 2 button cells, one for the LED and the other for the gauge.
The pressure transducer is really tiny one integrated with the PCB itself!!

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-15122011300.jpg
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 09:41   #190
BHPian

Was checking out ebay to purchase a portable tyre inflator. Seems the Coido brand has different models at similar prices like Coido 2153, 2157, 6526..etc. Any idea what are the differences between these various models ?
Old 25th December 2011, 19:43   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

I have used both digital pressure gauge and 12V electric pump - and I have switched back to analog gauge and manual foot pump for the following reasons:

- Electric foot pump is cumbersome to use, you need to wire it up and shift the wires. It takes surprisingly long time to fill up with 12-v pump. It makes lot of noise. I am worried that I am draining the car battery. I am yet to come across a 12-V pump that has a decent value made of brass - its all plastic valves these days. I usually pick up these foot pumps from either bicycle shops or sports shops.

- Digital gauge calibration goes for a toss in no time. I have found analog pressure gauges from reputed companies with excellent build quality. Can't say the same for digital ones. Details of Kennedy analog pressure gauge (Rs.500/-) here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2348658

I bought it from here (in Bangalore):
Oriental Tools Company - Contact Us
Old 6th January 2012, 14:45   #192
Senior - BHPian

It is time for me to go for a new pressure gauge (either digital or analogue). My compressor/ inflator's gauge is not showing accurate readings.
I did a quick search and came across this one:
100%Original Best Metal Body Tyre Pressure Gauge/Guage Meter | eBay

Anyone used this before?
Old 6th January 2012, 15:56   #193
BANNED

With the fear of repetition let me say; any half decent pump should last you for five to six years. After that time the rubber at the tyre end (used to seal the linkage) will harden sufficiently for you to want to replace the pump.
Old 8th February 2012, 23:21   #194
BHPian

Picked up a tyre inflator @ Rs1100 from Kabir Car Shoppe inside the Indianoil petrol stn, one of the 4-5 stns bang opp Nehru Place, N.Delhi.
Since its a chinese made no warranty item, I asked for a demo.
The pump filled up a deflated tyre of my Esteem to 30psi in 1.35 minutes-pretty good.It has an aluminium body,brass connector nozzle & 3 other nozzles for inflating footballs,& looks much more sturdy than the 500 buck palm sized plastic joke of an inflator you find everywhere.
It has a dial pressure gauge with a max reading of 100psi so it ok so long as it keeps working.
This pump is exactly the same as the Mayur brand pics of which have been poste by Honeybee, and also as a Viair model I saw on Amazon,USA.
The one that I picked up from Kabir had no brand name; the owner said that these come from china in a bulk packing and the retail packing is done here.
I guess this is a sort of generic make and importers just tack on their brand names & prices.
Old 8th February 2012, 23:39   #195
Senior - BHPian

Picked a Campbell Hausfeld Inflator from Amazon. Works very efficiently, has a inbuilt cut off when the desired PSI is reached. Paid around $22.
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-campbell-hausfeld-12volt-inflator-worklight.jpg
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks