Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2013, 23:09   #256
BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

I bought that metallic pump few days back online. It was working when I didn't put its nozzle in the tyre. However, upon inserting its nozzle in the tyre and then running it..it blew the fuse for cigarette lighter in my zen :(

I checked out on the pump its written max amps as 15A but however the fuse on my zen was rated to 10A. Should I increase the fuse in my car and then try again ? Also can doing this cause any harm to my car's electronic circuit ? Or do you guys think the pump can be defective and I should return it?
Attached Images

Old 28th May 2013, 09:54   #257
BANNED

@Haste; Keep a spare fuse or two and check out. Almost all car accessories are designed for 10A max. My Civic does have a 15A fuse, while the earlier Accent had 10A only. Replacing the fuse with a higher rating may also require uprating the wiring.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 11:38   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post

Thinking of picking it up.
Please update with a review if you buy this
Old 28th May 2013, 13:43   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haste View Post
I bought that metallic pump few days back online.
As already explained by sgiitk, it is not just about upgrading the fuse. You'll have the wiring also. Using it might not damage your wiring but you will keep blowing fuses. Try it once or twice, if same issue persists see if you could return the product. If not, upgrade the wiring.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 14:24   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Please update with a review if you buy this
Rajesh, could not pick it up and so no practical review as such. But at first glance it did look well made and good quality thing except for the navigation compass built into it. The next time I visited to pick up, all the 8 pieces were sold out.
Old 30th May 2013, 04:32   #261
BHPian

Couldn't find the one you listed.
but seems there are lots of them available on online stores already, Not exactly all-in-one types but some of them are worth a try.

Please see this page on Ebay India
Old 4th June 2013, 10:16   #262
BHPian

I bought a tyre inflator pump from Snapdeal, by a company called "Speedwav".

Somehow I could not get it to inflate my Innova tyres. It deflated my front tyre when I tried to inflate it. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or the pump is defective, or if the connector does not fit Innova tyres!
Old 4th June 2013, 10:33   #263

I bought a pump for my bicycle which I also double it for use on car tyres.
"Btwin FLP-5000 Cycle Pump"

It has a analog pressure gauge, it is very light and well built

It works pretty well, i have used it couple of times on my Swift, and have checked the pressure again at a gas station to verify. The reading is pretty accurate, max variation of +/- 2psi.

I would definitely recommend to anyone who plans to own a bicycle and already has a car.
Old 5th June 2013, 14:23   #264
BHPian

Incidently, while going over older posts here in more detail, I realize the "Speedwav" branded one which I bought is same as the "Glowfast" one mentioned by Racoon here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2120645

So it should work for me as it did for him. Let's see, I haven't yet got a chance to try it again, after yesterday, when it deflated the front tyre!
Old 6th June 2013, 03:31   #265
Senior - BHPian

^^^Did you check if the pump is at least building pressure? Run the pump and close the outlet with your hand and check the gauge. Next just see if the nozzle seals well around the tyre nozzle. Simple! If its not working, you should return it to Snapdeal.

I have tried 2 such pumps. Both totally similar looking, except that one was branded as Glowfast. The Glowfast one seemed better. I got one more later, for someone else, which was also Glowfast, and it also performed more or less identically. So I'm inclined to think the Gloafast ones are relatively better. But then my experience is based on just 3 - 4 such pumps, so I may be wrong.

Not sure if I'v mentioned here earlier, but after buying these lowest end compressors, I'd bought 2 Coido (Made in Taiwan) compressors for somebody. The quality and performance of these is way better than these small Chinese compressors. But then the cost is also approx. 2 - 3 times higher. So if anybody wants a decent pump for around this price, I'd definitely recommend a Coido. No issues with blown fuses, its faster and less noisier.

Glowfast also has higher models, priced around the same as Coido. Not seen or used them, so can't make a comparative comment.

Last edited by Raccoon : 6th June 2013 at 03:35.
Old 6th June 2013, 13:44   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^Did you check if the pump is at least building pressure? Run the pump and close the outlet with your hand and check the gauge.
Nope, not done this yet. I only checked that it is blowing/pumping some air.
I'm actually a bit down with a cold for the last few days, and have not been in the mood to try anything with the pump for now. But I must do so now... if it's defective I need to return it back ASAP.

BTW, do you need to turn/bend the plastic head behind the nozzle to lock it?
Old 6th June 2013, 15:55   #267
Senior - BHPian

Of course! And make sure that the valve in the tyre's nozzle has opened after you are done connecting the compressor's nozzle!!
Old 19th June 2013, 11:50   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Of course! And make sure that the valve in the tyre's nozzle has opened after you are done connecting the compressor's nozzle!!
My mistake. Withe the plastic head bent to lock it, at least it doesn't deflate the tyres. But the pressure gauge on it is totally incorrect (says 40 psi, when I know the actual pressure is around 30psi). So it's hard to say if it is working or not! Maybe I need to visit the local petrol pump to cross check.
Old 19th June 2013, 16:57   #269
Senior - BHPian

^^^Petrol pumps seldom have correctly calibrated gauges.
Old 19th June 2013, 17:03   #270
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good Portable Inflator and Tyre Pressure Guage and where i can purchase these in Mumbai. i dont want to order online and get fake or chinese products. i want to buy it from a shop where i can test the product before i buy.

Any suggestions. I am going to start my monsoon trips in July and hence was thinking of getting these before that.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Raj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks