Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:18   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
A plain-old-footpump is all I use. Only Rs.400+, reliable, and a bit of exercise!
I have to change the rubber seal once in a few years.
I have this kind of a foot pump. I was unable to fill up any air in my son's bicycle (there was a puncture, but still).
I am wondering how much time and effort you can spend to top up air on all four tires.
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:10   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Any idea about the following. Claims it is Chinese and CE listed (in the advt as well). Expensive but I am tempted!

http://www.ebay.in/itm/12V-Electric-...item2574d7fd77
I have similar looking one with metal body and very accurate gauge bought from local shop for about Rs1150 almost 4 yrs ago with no bill and warranty.Touchwood it is still going great guns and has been a great help for me.The one with plastic body was priced 200-300 cheaper.
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:28   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I have this kind of a foot pump. I was unable to fill up any air in my son's bicycle (there was a puncture, but still).
I am wondering how much time and effort you can spend to top up air on all four tires.
Filling up from scratch (after a puncture) may not be suitable with this as it will take a long time and may make the muscles sore!

Topping up is easy, maybe around 10 to 18 presses per tyre at most (around once a month). I have used foot-pumps for more than ten years and they have served me well.
It may take less than 30 minutes to check and top-up all 5 tyres.

Last edited by manim : 23rd October 2012 at 18:30. Reason: spelling
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 08:58   #229
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Small car (13"wheels)about 10 kicks per psi. Cycle tyres are to much higher pressures (50psi+) so I am not surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
I remember having seen this at a shop and even the gauge with slightly misalinged dial and and overall manufacturing looked so low in quality at these prices and did not buy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
I have similar looking one with metal body and very accurate gauge bought from local shop for about Rs1150 almost 4 yrs ago with no bill and warranty.
I think I will check out the local shops.If it is available in Batala then Kanpur should also have it.
Old 30th October 2012, 14:00   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Guys, take a look at these indigenous products offered by a Pune based company

http://www.emporisautotech.co.in/htm...rized_jack.htm
http://www.emporisautotech.co.in/htm...compressor.htm
http://www.emporisautotech.co.in/htm...zed_wrench.htm

I have sent them an email and awaiting details like price and availability

Attachment 1001319
I spoke to the sales guy of this company. He was willing to come home and do a demo since I live in Pune but I postponed it. He said the price of pump is Rs 1500. It has no warranty but it is made here in India (read not chinese). BTW, is it really worth to have an inflator pump always in your car?
Old 1st November 2012, 15:17   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
BTW, is it really worth to have an inflator pump always in your car?
For those who frequently travel out of town, a foot pump or a inflator compressor is must have. Many people think that having a punchur repair kit is enough but in reality even the professionals are not able to easily locate the punchur hole. Many times it is found only after immersing the wheel in water. Even those who are lucky enough to find and plug the punchur, will need a pump to inflate the tyres.
Old 1st November 2012, 16:13   #232
BANNED

Always carry the pump. With a minor leak on a tubeless you can pump and drive. Let us be frank, how many of us have our spares at proper pressure at all times. Mostly we never bother to check!
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 11:43   #233
BANNED

A partial correction. I just used to pump from my Civic. It is a Coido - the larger one. So the quality issue seems to be with the smaller one (shaped like a gas tank). I may add that now I recall the only pump which ever packed up in 20+ years of usage was also as small one.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2012, 01:09   #234
BHPian

I am planning to add this to the list of products to be carried by a friend returning from UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Automot...5600022&sr=1-2
I am not sure if 12V is the right kind for my Fiat Punto. How can I check that?

Also, it says "analogue" so is that a good thing or bad?
My first thought was to buy this as the idea is to have correct pressure in the tyres: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Old 16th December 2012, 11:24   #235
BANNED

I would suggest he visits a place like Halfords (B&Q etc may be even better). He may be able to pick up a better product and maybe even cheaper. I will get the gauge but not bother that much about the pump - larger to carry. The gauge though unbranded should be Ok since it has the AA seal of approval.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2012, 14:35   #236
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest he visits a place like Halfords (B&Q etc may be even better). He may be able to pick up a better product and maybe even cheaper. I will get the gauge but not bother that much about the pump - larger to carry. The gauge though unbranded should be Ok since it has the AA seal of approval.
I missed the bus as he already left UK. Where can I buy a good pressure gauge in India at a reasonable price.
Old 21st December 2012, 14:41   #237
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
I missed the bus as he already left UK. Where can I buy a good pressure gauge in India at a reasonable price.
Ordered a metal body gauge from eBay, that was out of stock so was sent a Coido at the same price with my consent. Good product.
Old 2nd January 2013, 09:18   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ordered a metal body gauge from eBay, that was out of stock so was sent a Coido at the same price with my consent. Good product.

I got the coido pressure guage from ebay. Since you also have the same one, i need some help here.

Problem is i feel tht coido guage is under reading the pressure grossly. I have an older plastic guage. Yesterday i filled my bike up from petrol pump(with digital guage) with 30 psi for the rear tyre. After half hour or so when i checked the pressure from coido, it showed 24 PSI. The older guage showed 29 PSI which is near to 30 PSI that i filled.

So my doubt now is, is there a problem with the coido one or the older one. Basically i want to know which guage to trust. The coido is well built , nice to hold et all. But if it does not show the right pressure then what is the use?
Old 2nd January 2013, 09:26   #239
BANNED

@sagarpadaki; I have not faith in the pump gauges. This is a tough one. Can you borrow another gauge. In my case the Coido and the plastic gauge (8 year old made by Yenkay) matched, as did a no name metal dial gauge.
Old 2nd January 2013, 23:33   #240
Senior - BHPian

On my short visit to Pune yesterday, bought the LIMI Digital Tire Inflator finally.
- Rs 2450/- from Car Cupid, Pashan, Pune
- Seems to work well and easy to use as well. Just need to cross-check with atleast few other gauges if the tire pressure is what it shows. Guderian has reported a deviation of few points I think.
- Took a few seconds to top up 1-3 points. Will try with flat tire someday and see how long it takes.
- When it fills up and shuts, it shows .5 more than required fill, to account for the .5 pressure in the filling tube while it remains connected to tire. If the filling tube is reconnected to the tire, it shows the pressure as desired, without the .5 additional pressure point.
- Kept it on floor while filling and it did have small vibrations and some sliding but did not have to hold it down. Even if held in hand did not feel too much shudders - its bound to shudder as afterall it is an electric motor.
- Good facilities of Torch, Flash, Emergency, SOS lights.
- Actually very small in size unlike I anticipated from pictures, little more than the length of palm.
- Nice compact carrybag and accessories for filling cycles, football - will be handy for kids things.
- With proper bill & warranty with warranty card stamped by dealer.

- Bad thing is the wire. Its a serious pain to wind the wire and stuff it back into the open cubicle provided at the back of the inflator. Will have to learn how to do it easily.

Seems like a good buy. Will update upon further usage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks