Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2012, 11:30   #211
BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Bought a Coido 2153 yesterday for Rs.1050/-. Had a completely flat tyre in my Swift - 3 minutes and it was filled to 33 psi.

+ves: decent build quality; long wires; works well; compact

-ves: noisy; would've liked a digital PSI indicator
Bought this Coido 2153 for Rs 900 from Nasik, Makes lot of noise, I have a seperate PCI pressure gauge for Rs 150 (http://www.pci-instruments.com).
Which Is fairly accurate compared to the inbuilt one in Coido
Old 1st September 2012, 23:33   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Check out the LIMI Tyre Inflator that I got here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2490560
Solid Made in India quality. Price is 2.4K. Using with my Fortuner and going solid.
Got this for my Figo through the local distributor in Chennai. Works as advertised. Though it has an auto-cutoff option, takes a bit longer for the cut-off to happen, after the set pressure is reached. If I measure the pressure post this, it is a tad bit higher than the set pressure. I am working this around, by manually switching it off. The product quality and build is good though. The distributor was also professional. The first item that I received had a deep scratch in the body. He got me a replacement unit in no time.
Old 2nd September 2012, 02:09   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
Bought this Coido 2153 for Rs 900 from Nasik, Makes lot of noise, I have a seperate PCI pressure gauge for Rs 150 (http://www.pci-instruments.com).
Which Is fairly accurate compared to the inbuilt one in Coido
Coido 2153 is a good model. The COIDO 2157 (can't recall the model number) I used was of lesser build quality, didn't feel as sturdy nor performed that well. Would advice others to avoid it.

The 2153 was quite good, and is way better, much faster and makes less than the black colored much cheaper Chinese compressors. But then they cost half or lesser than the Taiwan made Coido.

Last edited by Raccoon : 2nd September 2012 at 02:11.
Old 2nd September 2012, 09:24   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
Though it has an auto-cutoff option, takes a bit longer for the cut-off to happen, after the set pressure is reached. If I measure the pressure post this, it is a tad bit higher than the set pressure. I am working this around, by manually switching it off.
The auto cutoff is working exactly as it should. You should NOT manually switch it off. The high pressure you see is momentary and if you disconnect cord and reconnect it should be nearly exact to what you have set. Some minor compensation has to be made in case of pneumatics which is normal.
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:35   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile
The auto cutoff is working exactly as it should. You should NOT manually switch it off. The high pressure you see is momentary and if you disconnect cord and reconnect it should be nearly exact to what you have set. Some minor compensation has to be made in case of pneumatics which is normal.
That's how I measured. I wait for the auto-cut-off, disconnect and reconnect the hose. If the set pressure was say 30 psi, the gauge would now read 32 or 33 psi. Let me try it again and post back the results.
Old 16th October 2012, 18:38   #216
BHPian

Guys, take a look at these indigenous products offered by a Pune based company

http://www.emporisautotech.co.in/htm...rized_jack.htm
http://www.emporisautotech.co.in/htm...compressor.htm
http://www.emporisautotech.co.in/htm...zed_wrench.htm

I have sent them an email and awaiting details like price and availability

Name:  Compressor.png
Views: 5642
Size:  375.3 KB Name:  Jack.png
Views: 5478
Size:  343.1 KB

Name:  Wrench.png
Views: 5553
Size:  387.1 KB
Chewbacca is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 08:55   #217
BANNED

Got a Coido cheapo at under 600, Built Ok, but with no switch. Is indeed a cheapo. To be avoided. Also, I doubt whether it will reach the rated pressure of 300 or even 250 psi. I am wondering what to do, got it from eBay, cannot blame the seller.
Old 20th October 2012, 19:54   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
Got a Coido cheapo at under 600, Built Ok, but with no switch. Is indeed a cheapo. To be avoided. Also, I doubt whether it will reach the rated pressure of 300 or even 250 psi. I am wondering what to do, got it from eBay, cannot blame the seller.
Sir, if you are not happy with the item quality, ask for the refund by using Ebay Guarantee. Your money will be credited back once they verify the genuiness of the claim.
Old 21st October 2012, 07:31   #219
BANNED

@sajit; I know that, but I do not think I can claim any issues under the trade descriptions act. Waiting for the delivery to be addressed on the mail. Will then try.
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:27   #220
BANNED

Any idea about the following. Claims it is Chinese and CE listed (in the advt as well). Expensive but I am tempted!

http://www.ebay.in/itm/12V-Electric-...item2574d7fd77
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:52   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Any idea about the following. Claims it is Chinese and CE listed (in the advt as well). Expensive but I am tempted!

I doubt the quality of this and just like any other Chinese make and COIDOs this one seems nothing great. Don't go by the pics and the higher price. I remember having seen this at a shop and even the gauge with slightly misalinged dial and and overall manufacturing looked so low in quality at these prices and did not buy it. Why not check out the LIMI tyre inflator from Pune. It is on the costlier side at 2500+ but damn good in build and quality. They ship to your address also and has very good feedback from our members including Herr General, Guderian. But if you must buy this one, check out first in shop and check quality personally and then only make decision, otherwise you will be stuck with one more dud.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:21   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

A plain-old-footpump is all I use. Only Rs.400+, reliable, and a bit of exercise!
I have to change the rubber seal once in a few years.

The pressure-guage was gifted by my friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_1083.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_0630.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2012, 10:35   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
A plain-old-footpump is all I use. Only Rs.400+, reliable, and a bit of exercise!
I have to change the rubber seal once in a few years.

The pressure-guage was gifted by my friend.
That is the exact same foot pump I have. It is over 6 years old and still works well. At the most, I am topping up a psi or two so it is not too much of an exercise. I too have had to change the rubber seal but just once. I pump up my Linea and Enfield with it. Trouble is the gauge is not accurate at all so I had to buy another tire pressure gauge. That ended up being inaccurate as well and was under reading the psi.
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:47   #224
BANNED

You remind me. I have a Halfords footpump lying around somewhere. Will hunt it out. The rubber hardens and wears out after about 6-7 years and has to be changed in all.
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:17   #225
BHPian

I purchased this last week.
http://www.emporisautotech.co.in/htm...compressor.htm

Got it home delivered with a demo by the distributor of the company.

The good:
  1. Low noise. I could not hear it beyond 10~15 feet.
  2. Sturdy metal base plate with rubber legs. (my previous chinese comp used to jump around after filling 15 PSI)
  3. Light weight - 1.4 Kg.
  4. Detachable spiral hose pipe can be stretched upto 4 feet.
  5. Filled up 30 PSI in a completely deflated tyre in 5 minutes (my previous chinese comp used to take 10~15 minutes and then auto shut off due to excessive heat)
  6. Grippy insulated handle allows holding the unit during operation to reduce vibrations, even when rest of the metal body is hot
The not so good:
  1. Gets very hot. Best to cool it with wet cloth wipes during operation.
  2. Rated max current is 10 Amp but I suspect this goes upto 15 amps especially when the battery is weak. (dropping voltage = rising current). Keep the engine running to ensure optimal power and quicker refills.
  3. Topping up 4 PSI each x 4 tyres may take 20-30 minutes because the flow rate is the lowest at higher PSI. Also consider a rest period of 5 minutes inbetween tyres to cool down the comp.
Chewbacca is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks