Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2014, 11:00   #346
BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Did you kept the engine running while starting the compressor? It is always advisable to first start the engine and then use power hungry devices. That minimizes the load on the electricals.
If the fuse still blows, then you may need something that connects to the battery directly, but then it will be little inconvenient, as you yourself know.
I've got this more than a month back: http://emporis.co.in/html/products_c...compressor.htm
Name:  Screen Shot 20140424 at 10.55.38 am.png
Views: 3535
Size:  143.0 KB

It works perfectly fine. I do see error of about 1-2 psi on the analog gauge after using it for more than a month.

Here, the manufacturer/supplier clearly mentioned that there is no need for the engine to be on/running when using the compressor.

When I keep engine on/running, I see that compressor makes louder noise and also fills up air a bit faster but I'm not sure if this would damage compressor.

Off topic but see this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3420054

Here, the vacuum cleaner manufacturer recommends NOT to use the device when engine is running/on as it'll decrease the life of the same.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 11:14   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I've got this more than a month back: http://emporis.co.in/html/products_c...compressor.htm
Attachment 1233842

It works perfectly fine. I do see error of about 1-2 psi on the analog gauge after using it for more than a month.
Could you please let me know from where did you purchase? Are there any dealers in Bangalore?
Old 29th May 2014, 12:07   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Could you please let me know from where did you purchase? Are there any dealers in Bangalore?
Just check contact info on website mentioned on my post. You need to transfer amount to his bank account and he would ship from Pune. Once payment was received, I got the pump in about 3 days.
Old 29th May 2014, 12:25   #349
Senior - BHPian

A Noob question on the tyre guage and pardon my ignorance.

When you just check the tyre pressure through the gauge, isnt some air leaked out when the pin is suppressed? Though the reading is shown, the tyre logically is losing air every time the pressure is checked. What am I missing here?
Old 29th May 2014, 12:34   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
A Noob question on the tyre guage and pardon my ignorance.

When you just check the tyre pressure through the gauge, isnt some air leaked out when the pin is suppressed? Though the reading is shown, the tyre logically is losing air every time the pressure is checked. What am I missing here?
The pressure loss is very minimal assuming you are able to seal it fast. There are times when seal takes 2-3 seconds which can leak more air.

I've got the following and the seal is amazing http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Every 2 weeks, I just check using the above gauge and if air is less, I just fill it a bit over recommended value (by about 2 psi) and then use the above gauge to measure and deflate excess air. It is very accurate.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 14:02   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

I am toying between the Emporis and the Coido: http://www.amazon.in/Coido-Tire-INfa...air+compressor

Which one do you guys recommend?

And I would like to get a solid, reliable tyre pressure gauge which allows me to check pressure without losing air on contact. Reccos?
Old 29th May 2014, 14:29   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I am toying between the Emporis and the Coido: http://www.amazon.in/Coido-Tire-INfa...air+compressor

Which one do you guys recommend?

And I would like to get a solid, reliable tyre pressure gauge which allows me to check pressure without losing air on contact. Reccos?
I have been using Coido compressor with Analogue pressure gauge for around an year now, & the gauge is not accurate. So, I have bought a digital pressure gauge, for quickly measuring the pressure w/o any loss of air.

The compressor though is solid & reliable and does the job of filling up the air pretty well but a little slowly.
There is a lock on the nozzle which prevents air loss. But during the time the nozzle lock is opened/closed the air is definitely lost.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 14:32   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Lots of hits and misses online (read good and bad reviews) on the Coido pumps...hence the concern.
Old 18th June 2014, 09:01   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Lots of hits and misses online (read good and bad reviews) on the Coido pumps...hence the concern.
Question: which one did you go for? I am planning to buy one. Grateful if you could let know which one did you pick eventually.
Old 18th June 2014, 09:08   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Question: which one did you go for? I am planning to buy one. Grateful if you could let know which one did you pick eventually.
Haven't figured it out yet, the ones available locally are just not worth the dough.
Old 18th June 2014, 09:16   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Haven't figured it out yet, the ones available locally are just not worth the dough.
Thanks for getting back quickly. I have a Leh trip planned end of August. Most likely will go with Emporis. For whatever it is worth, I am hoping it should do for the 15 days I need the most!
Old 18th June 2014, 12:20   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Thanks for getting back quickly. I have a Leh trip planned end of August. Most likely will go with Emporis. For whatever it is worth, I am hoping it should do for the 15 days I need the most!
I would also recommend Emporis over Coido. Somehow I feel the build quality is better and being a local company, it'll be easier to get parts as well. The analog digital gauge will lose accuracy over time and I highly recommend getting a separate gauge. Do invest well in the pressure gauge. I sourced it from U.S. after looking at all the reviews.

I really do not trust the pumps at the petrol pumps and I'm glad I invested here which will help my tyres stay in good shape.

There is one more thing which I recently purchased and so far I'm very happy with it as well. It gives me a quick indication if the pressure is good enough. I'm not sure if the reliability but will monitor it closely
http://www.ebay.in/itm/4x-Brass-Car-...e825934&_uhb=1
Old 18th June 2014, 12:53   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

There is one more thing which I recently purchased and so far I'm very happy with it as well. It gives me a quick indication if the pressure is good enough. I'm not sure if the reliability but will monitor it closely
This looks very interesting! Could you post some real pictures of the product up close and when fixed on your car please?

600 bucks, if it does its job - its a no brainer. Plus the locking mechanism. How does that work?
Old 18th June 2014, 20:22   #359
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to buy these as well, but was worried if they would weaken the valves in the long run as they would be continuously pressing on the valves to keep them open to monitor the pressure.
I was also a little worried about these getting stolen!

For monitoring, I have a accutire digital tire pressure gauge which I got it from the US: Amazon link
It is accurate and works pretty well on my alto, but it lets out a lot of air when used on my bike (Honda Unicorn).

A good suggestion that I found on another forum is to overfill by around 3-5psi when checking the pressure at the neighborhood fuel station and then come home and use your pressure gauge to adjust the pressure to the intended values after the tires cool down.
I follow this after finding out that even the gauges at shell and other reputed pumps are way out of line most of the time.
Old 15th July 2014, 13:37   #360
BHPian

Quote:
I would also recommend Emporis over Coido. Somehow I feel the build quality is better and being a local company, it'll be easier to get parts as well. The analog digital gauge will lose accuracy over time and I highly recommend getting a separate gauge. Do invest well in the pressure gauge. I sourced it from U.S. after looking at all the reviews.
Quote:

After lot of reading and exchanging emails with Emporis, I confess I am still unable to take a decision on which one to go for. Confusion has arisen because Emporis is 150 psi and Coido is 300 psi.

Recently, I was travelling on office work in an Innova and during small talk with the driver, the discussion veered off to air compressors. The driver was carrying a Coido. He said he has it for 2 years and he is happy with it. The specs which I have got from Emporis are as below:

1. Operating Voltage: 12 Volt DC
2. Maximum Air Pressure: 150 PSI
3. Maximum Current: 8 Amp
4. Air Flow: 27 ltr/min
5. Weight: 1.5 kg
6. Power Cable Length: 3 mtr.
7. Car Tyre Inflation Duration: 2.5 to 3 mins
8. Usage Temperature: -20 to +80 c

Warranty: 3 months against any manufacturing defect.

Coido:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Coido-3326-12...-/260954569129

Does 150 psi vs 300 psi make a difference? I have a Fortuner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks