Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2015, 19:02   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Since you have experience with other pumps and know how to use them, I think your pump is indeed faulty.
Anyway, let me say how mine behaves and how I do it.

I insert the nozzle very mildly on the valve. The gauge needle does not show any reading at this stage.
Then I lock the nozzle using the press type lock attached to the nozzle. Once the nozzle is locked, the needle starts showing the reading.

When I pump, I don't hear any noise of air going out. Also, during the pump action, the needle sees a temporary surge during each pump and settles back after it is released each time.

Mine seems decently built and looks and feels like it isn't gonna give up anytime soon
The way you have described is exactly the way the pump should be working. Unfortunately, not in my case. My guess is that when the nozzle is locked, it still allows air to go outside because of its faulty nature. Need to find someone who can just fix the nozzle alone for me. Also, in general, I dont rely much on the pressure gauge that comes with the pump. I have a dial gauge that I bought when I was in the US and make sure I use that to ensure the reading is correct.
Old 15th March 2015, 20:01   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The way you have described is exactly the way the pump should be working. Unfortunately, not in my case. My guess is that when the nozzle is locked, it still allows air to go outside because of its faulty nature. Need to find someone who can just fix the nozzle alone for me. Also, in general, I dont rely much on the pressure gauge that comes with the pump. I have a dial gauge that I bought when I was in the US and make sure I use that to ensure the reading is correct.
Since you bought it from Snapdeal, you could have exchanged it right?

BTW, I too don't use the gauge that comes with the pump.
I use this one.
I'm not sure how good it is, but I'm sure that it is more accurate than the ones found in most of the fuel stations. The bike behaves as expected when I set the pressure using this gauge.
Old 15th March 2015, 20:09   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Since you bought it from Snapdeal, you could have exchanged it right?
Thats the mistake I did. I was thinking that I would check the pump one more time at leisure and didnt do it on time. The next time I checked was too late for me to go back for an exchange. A lesson well learnt, I must say.
Old 30th March 2015, 19:23   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Updates from my end in due course of time: Shall see how long it takes to fill to 32 psi on a flat tyre. Not going to rely on the pressure gauge given on this unit though. Have bought a separate pressure gauge already.
It took me around 3.5 minutes to fill 35psi on a flat tyre.
Old 30th March 2015, 20:08   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Which I think is reasonable. Earlier, we had tested the same in my WagonR that took around 2m20s to fill up 33PSI.

This one does its job without much fuss and can work as a very good emergency device apart from routine filling every weekend.

However, for just measuring the air pressure, I will still prefer a handy device that will help me ascertain the pressure before I remove that Coido from the boot and pull out and connect the wires and crank the engine .
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 15:23   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania
.... before I remove that Coido from the boot, pull out & connect the wires and crank the engine .
Unless your battery is really low on juice, there is no need to crank the engine for topping-up/filling air - just putting the key in ACC mode is enough.

Atleast once a month I top-up air in our cars using portable-compressors that run off the cig-lighter socket and never crank the engine. Occasionally some tyre would be empty/shot (happened with the crappy JK Vectras multiple times, that is another story/thread) and had to fill in fully from scratch- again without cranking engine.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 15:32   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Unless your battery is really low on juice, there is no need to crank the engine for topping-up/filling air - just putting the key in ACC mode is enough.
I mostly do this after the first crank in the morning. By the time I check air in all tires, the Temperature needle would have moved halfway mark .

Of course, the compressor is not a Belkin Power Inverter that will drain the battery over few minutes of use with the engine off.
Old 31st March 2015, 19:37   #443
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I did check today for my cousin Swift and it took me 3 minutes from a flat

Hate the racket it creates!
Old 31st March 2015, 19:52   #444
BHPian

Dear members, I have been looking for a good portable Tyre inflator for my car.

I bought a cheap Chinese portable inflator last month, that lasted just 2 hrs, By the time I was done with all the four wheels, the inflator died. ( I gave it enough cooling time after each 1 min of use).

Anyway, I was never too keen on spending 1-1.5K on products like coido as they are also not very well built.

Today I came across ResQtech inflator. For 999/- its is extremely portable and backed by a lot of confidence by the company (1 year no questions asked warranty). Does anyone have any view on this? Is it worth it? Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 13:38   #445
BHPian

Just wanted to share some info: There is this company called ITC. Its from the UK. They happen to be the sub contract manufacturers of such famed tools like Snap On etc. I bought a jump starter from them a year or so ago and it has performed superbly. Now i am planning to go for their tyre inflator. They are located in Bangalore (small private presence not too well known outside garage circles).
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-itc12voltaircompessorsdl8639165341d1b19.jpg  

Old 12th April 2015, 13:52   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Just wanted to share some info: There is this company called ITC. Its from the UK. They happen to be the sub contract manufacturers of such famed tools like Snap On etc. I bought a jump starter from them a year or so ago and it has performed superbly. Now i am planning to go for their tyre inflator. They are located in Bangalore (small private presence not too well known outside garage circles).
ITC has been a regular supplier of certain tools for most of the Maruti workshops all over Bangalore.

I agree they do have some excellent abd robust products. I was given a Demo of this Inflator and a few other equipments like emergency Torch witj Magnet etc.

Maruti uses most their product for their "On Road assistance" Kit as they are handy.
Old 15th April 2015, 14:21   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Does anyone have any view on this? Is it worth it? Thanks
I picked up one last week. It is too early to comment on the longevity of the product. I did end up using it once. Had a flat on the rear tire of the car. It does make quite a racket during operation. The build quality is a mixed bag. The unit and the nozzle is very well made. The nozzle that fits on to the valve is screw type. What isn't is the power cable and the wire sleeve around the connector that goes into the electrical accessory outlet of the car. Looks super cheap. Supplied cable length is good. The unit comes supplied with a bike terminal adapter too. This allows you to screw it to the battery terminals and leave it there. The other end has a plug in adapter that allows you to switch between the bike terminal and for car use. The terminal ends have a cap to protect from dust and water. This is another part where I suspect may not last if there a lot of careless pushing and pulling between the bike and car connector. I have to check the accuracy of the tire pressure gauge. I still think its best to have a dedicated gauge to check tire pressure. Impressive product for the price. I'd take this Made in India unit over any of the cheap Chinese pumps.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 15:13   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I picked up one last week. I'd take this Made in India unit over any of the cheap Chinese pumps.
Thanks. I need a portable pump and this one is quite reasonable priced and resqtech has a good name. Coming to the pump, its just too small, How much time did it take to fill up your flat tire. ? Did you buy directly from them?
Old 15th April 2015, 21:46   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Coming to the pump, its just too small, How much time did it take to fill up your flat tire. ?
Not the most accurate answer, it was just under 4 minutes. This tire was losing air at the same time due to a flat (screw stuck in), so I am guessing it should be a little less without a leak.

Quote:
Did you buy directly from them?
Yes.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 19:24   #450
BHPian

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Michelin-3145...item3aa7b201ea

Anybody has experience with this? Is it really a Michelin product?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks