Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 10:55   #301
BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
paragsachania thank you very much for the information.

Today I have bought mine from the local vendor here in pune. I have used it for the first time and I am impressed by the product and its built quality.
Empioris is a local Pune company, so i came to know from sagar that they deliver in pune/pcmc at home / office and collect payment by cash/ chq. also give demo if asked for.

wanted to know from you, which local vendor / shop are you referring to here, so that i can also buy it from there , if i get a better price. company price is 1500/- for the air compressor.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:33   #302
BHPian

This is the one I bought from Dx.com for $7.78 which is good in build and performance with a nice back light display and light guided nozzle tip. The only glitch its having is, calibration is bit off as its showing 2 psi less than the actual when I compared with the fuel station digital gauges which is OK for me

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-tire-gauge.jpg
https://dx.com/p/airsoon-sport-digital-tire-gauge-2840
Old 18th December 2013, 20:01   #303
BHPian

Got this from eBay for around Rs.1200. It has digital tyre pressure gauge, LED light, glass breaker, seat belt cutter among other small utilities. (9-in-1). The digital tyre pressure gauge is pretty useful.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dscn8558.jpg  

Old 30th December 2013, 15:35   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Here is something that I recommended a friend who's Punto was getting Leh'd this season.

I was earlier recommended about this product by a friend of mine in Pune.

Attachment 1156220

This is compact, Handy and comes with a neat bag that makes it a completely rattle free.

Attachment 1156221

It also comes with a spiral hose pipe with a threaded end that fits directly onto the inlet valve of the Tire.

As soon as it was delivered home, I tested the same by completely releasing air from my spare wheel and with the car (WagonR) in Idle, It took ~2.5 minutes to fill the required PSI of 32 which was quite close to their claims in the specification sheet.

Attachment 1156222

How to Buy:
I got in touch with them via email and the response was almost instant. We deposited 1500 INR into their Bank account and I received an acknowledgement of the receipt as well as the Airway bill number of the shipment and the product was delivered within the next 24 hours.

Here is more information on the product itself:
http://emporis.co.in/html/products_c...compressor.htm

They seem to sell various other products which generated a lot of interest in me, specially the Emergency kit with a Motorized Jack and Motorized Wrench that can be very helpful for women drivers who face flat tires.

http://emporis.co.in/html/products_emergency_kit.htm
Do they offer any warranty on this air compressor?
Old 30th December 2013, 16:58   #305
BHPian

I had bought a similar digital pressure gauge from dx.com. It did the work for close to 6 months but then now, what ever happens, it just shows the value as 0.0.

Hence, I have switched back to an analog gauge.
Old 30th December 2013, 18:07   #306
BHPian

Digital gauges are prone to lose calibration.
Analog is better when compared to digital ones.
iamswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 20:17   #307
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Digital gauges are prone to lose calibration. Analog is better when compared to digital ones.

I am looking to buy a good analog gauge. Let me know a good accurate model please
Old 30th December 2013, 20:57   #308
BHPian

I recently bought an analog pressure gauge from Snapdeal.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/bell...45532?pos=3;13

Good thing about this gauge is that it has maximum pressure reading marked at 60 psi. So sensitivity is better. I found it to be pretty accurate when checked against air pressure filled at a nearby petrol pump
mahesh_sn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 19:32   #309
BHPian

Ordered it right now and getting it delivered tomorrow morning in Pune. Thanks for the reviews everyone!
Old 1st January 2014, 19:53   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
Ordered it right now and getting it delivered tomorrow morning in Pune. Thanks for the reviews everyone!
Which one did you order buddy? Do let us kbow. I am looking to buy a tyre inflator now.
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:19   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Which one did you order buddy? Do let us kbow. I am looking to buy a tyre inflator now.
I ordered the Emporis Air Compressor for car. Got it delivered now. Also got a demo of the Motorized Jack and Motorized Impact wrench. The whole package i.e. Compressor + Jack + Impact wrench costs Rs. 6,000. Just the compressor costs Rs. 1500, the Jack and Wrench are Rs. 2700 and Rs. 2600 (might be the opposite) and Jack and wrench together cost Rs. 5000.
raghuvir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 19:19   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Bought this from e-bay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Coido-Car-Tyr...item417ab76a3b

Holds the last pressure measured until you press the release button on the side. Has to be placed a certain way on the valve to get accurate reading without the loss of air - took me a few attempts to get the hang of it.
Old 10th February 2014, 12:32   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Here is something that I recommended a friend who's Punto was getting Leh'd this season.

Here is more information on the product itself:
http://emporis.co.in/html/products_c...compressor.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2kin View Post
Thanks for the info, paragsachania . I talked to Sagar (from Emporis) yesterday and have deposited money into their account. They say they have dispatched the compressor today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
Folks,

I just spoke to Sagar and am planning to buy air compressor from him. I know its early, but are you all satisfied with this air compressor so far? I'm hoping that it does not strain the battery (will ensure that car's ignition is on when using it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Bought this from e-bay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Coido-Car-Tyr...item417ab76a3b

Holds the last pressure measured until you press the release button on the side. Has to be placed a certain way on the valve to get accurate reading without the loss of air - took me a few attempts to get the hang of it.
I also bought this and am fairly satisfied. One issue I face however is that while attaching the gauge to tyre and by the time I align it, I end up loosing some air. Very rarely, I'm able to align it perfectly at first shot to avoid loss of air. The loss however may be minimal.

Last edited by neel911 : 10th February 2014 at 12:36. Reason: Had to add more details
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 13:07   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was earlier recommended about this product by a friend of mine in Pune.

This is compact, Handy and comes with a neat bag that makes it a completely rattle free.
Thanks Parag for the information.

Got the pump delivered to an address at Pune and the same was despatched next day via the Azad-Hind Exp. No courier could have delivered the package within a day.

Checked the pump in the evening and was quite impressed with the performance. But reading the guage, while the pump is vibrating, is quite tricky.
Old 11th February 2014, 20:56   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Folks,

I just spoke to Sagar and am planning to buy air compressor from him. I know its early, but are you all satisfied with this air compressor so far? I'm hoping that it does not strain the battery (will ensure that car's ignition is on when using it).
It wont strain the battery. I use it regularly on my Harley without starting the bike.
raghuvir is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks