Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 00:26   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

Price for LIMI portable air inflator has increased & has gone back to earlier level of Rs. 2800-2900.
Wow! Steep climp and dollar has shown its effect, dunno if there are better products in the market now. While limi is a standard tool in my car for years now, i have to say that i have not used it for a while now, specially since tyres are god and are on nitrogen and lately the driving is largely restricted to city and little highway driving
Old 11th October 2013, 23:01   #287
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Found this interesting - an ios app now to check tyre pressure - link

Last edited by NPV : 11th October 2013 at 23:15.
Old 13th October 2013, 00:54   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is this product good for every-day use? I was thinking of buying one. How much did you pay?
This thing is not good at all. Only looks are shiny. would not recommend it. I have been trying to use it, but every-time, while disengaging half the air pumped in comes out.
droolingvoyager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 13:25   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by droolingvoyager View Post
This thing is not good at all. Only looks are shiny. would not recommend it. I have been trying to use it, but every-time, while disengaging half the air pumped in comes out.
I just used it today (for the first time). Seemed to work okay. Used a more precise gauge to check the final reading.
Old 15th October 2013, 11:32   #290
BHPian

Hi All
I am trying to source the LIMI Portable inflator here in Bangalore. I tried calling them and emailing the number in their website but no response.
Could anyone give me the contact of the dealer or let me know where I can get 1 (online/couriered etc.)
Old 15th October 2013, 11:35   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
Hi All
I am trying to source the LIMI Portable inflator here in Bangalore. I tried calling them and emailing the number in their website but no response.
Could anyone give me the contact of the dealer or let me know where I can get 1 (online/couriered etc.)
I got this mobile number from the JustDial [Pune] site - 8377804986.

Give it a try.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:54   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Ordered one LCD Digital Gauge from www.dx.com. Costs INR 290, with free shipping.
Received the Gauge yesterday. From the tests I did in the morning today, it looks to be precise. Had filled up 33 PSI of Nitrogen in all the 4 tires, 4 weeks back. Upon checking today morning, the Gauge displayed 32.6, 32.2, and 33.0 in other 2 tires.

Will post the pics soon.

Thanks!
Old 22nd October 2013, 19:58   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Received the Gauge yesterday. From the tests I did in the morning today, it looks to be precise. Had filled up 33 PSI of Nitrogen in all the 4 tires, 4 weeks back. Upon checking today morning, the Gauge displayed 32.6, 32.2, and 33.0 in other 2 tires.

Will post the pics soon.
Here are the pics -

The parcel as it arrived

The Packaging

Finally, the Product. It shows the readings in various units. Keep pressing the Button to toggle between different units.

Old 22nd October 2013, 20:21   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is something that I recommended a friend who's Punto was getting Leh'd this season.

I was earlier recommended about this product by a friend of mine in Pune.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-products_car_air_compressor_01.jpg

This is compact, Handy and comes with a neat bag that makes it a completely rattle free.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-products_car_air_compressor_02.jpg

It also comes with a spiral hose pipe with a threaded end that fits directly onto the inlet valve of the Tire.

As soon as it was delivered home, I tested the same by completely releasing air from my spare wheel and with the car (WagonR) in Idle, It took ~2.5 minutes to fill the required PSI of 32 which was quite close to their claims in the specification sheet.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-specs.jpg

How to Buy:
I got in touch with them via email and the response was almost instant. We deposited 1500 INR into their Bank account and I received an acknowledgement of the receipt as well as the Airway bill number of the shipment and the product was delivered within the next 24 hours.

Here is more information on the product itself:
http://emporis.co.in/html/products_c...compressor.htm

They seem to sell various other products which generated a lot of interest in me, specially the Emergency kit with a Motorized Jack and Motorized Wrench that can be very helpful for women drivers who face flat tires.

http://emporis.co.in/html/products_emergency_kit.htm
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 16:12   #295
BHPian

Thanks for the info, paragsachania . I talked to Sagar (from Emporis) yesterday and have deposited money into their account. They say they have dispatched the compressor today.

Now, waiting for it to arrive. They said it should reach me by Monday. Hope I have a pleasant experience like yours.
pat2kin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 13:15   #296
BHPian

paragsachania thank you very much for the information.

Today I have bought mine from the local vendor here in pune. I have used it for the first time and I am impressed by the product and its built quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20131113_081340.jpg  

joeblack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 13:57   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is this product good for every-day use? I was thinking of buying one. How much did you pay?
I've been using this for my car since the last year.

Excellent product! Quite sturdy and the hose is of a pretty good quality. I use it once every 2 weeks. The gauge is a bit hard to read, and can be quite confusing. But other than that, it's a fine product. Fills up a tyre from 0-32 psi in about 4-5 minutes.

Never had too much faith in electronic pumps, so had got this one. Very satisfied with my purchase. Had got it off snapdeal last year. Price was much lower back then. I use a tire pressure gauge from Coido as well. Costs around 300 bucks or so.
Old 13th November 2013, 13:57   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Here is something that I recommended a friend who's Punto was getting Leh'd this season.
Thanks for sharing. What is the price? Also, isn't a digital gauge more accurate and easier to use than an analog one?
Old 25th November 2013, 22:57   #299
BHPian

i recently purchased a foot-pump from ebay. it is the twin-cylinder type (brand-Coido) and the overall quality is fine. it fills up air pretty fast (i mean,faster than i expected.) I have tested it only on my bike tyres though. could'nt try it on car bcoz it has nitrogen. also, the gauge is not 100% accurate. but still it is ok and will come in handy in case of an emergency.i have one problem from day1. after filling air, whenever i remove the connector from the valve head, i am losing a lot of air. can't help this.however i try, the connector takes a few seconds to get released from the valve-head, and by this time some air escapes from the tyre.so i have to connect it again and pump in some more air. bcoz of this, now i pump a few more pedals extra in advance each time to compensate the loss that will follow.is there any particular way/technique to release the connector? or is it the case with all pumps? Those who have used these type of pumps/compressors, please guide.
Old 27th November 2013, 08:42   #300
Senior - BHPian

I bought a digital tyre pressure gauge from Amazon.com. It is actually made by Accutire and branded Michelin. It is quite large and has illumination and an on board LED light too. The resolution is 0.1 PSI. The desired tyre pressure for the front and rear can be programmed too. The cost is 22.5 USD.

Will post more details after I use it.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-optimizeduntitled.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks