Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2015, 16:36   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Seems that Michelin have joined the bandwagon. Tyre inflation products, car fridge, the works. No idea about the prices.
I got their tyre pressure gauge. Pricey but useless as it stopped working after a few months. Their inflators are available on Amazon for 5k+. I wonder if they are worth it.

http://www.amazon.in/Michelin-3140-C...words=michelin

Incidentally Goodyear also has a product at 1.5k on Amazon.

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 15th July 2015 at 16:59.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 21:02   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

PS: I have no connection with Paytm.
Haha .. I know , and thanks a bunch to put out a link from Paytm!!
Not just this, even Coido I was pointing out have lesser final price here.

However, I am getting a little confused now.
Checked the thread a little more thoroughly and found more options folks have had suggested/reviewed here. Need to zero-in on a particular make/model quickly.
Old 17th July 2015, 00:02   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Bought this ResQTech Tyre Inflator for my Harley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I got the Resqtech inflator (delivered by Aramex) today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
i'm placing my bet on this particular model ResQTech hoping that it is a good quality one.

Well ... I started with my primary preference as Coido 3326, but as mentioned in the previous post got a bit confused with no clear inclinations by junta on a particular model.
Nevertheless decided to sit down and take a thorough look at last few months on this thread.

I have to say after dkaile posted details about ResQTech inflator, this seems to be the most preferred option.
The details on its site and video do help in explaining its features, and its overall compactness appears to be an added plus.

I am looking to use it with my Fabia, and was expecting feedback from you folks on how the device is coming along.
I suppose some of you have been using it for a while now, let us know your thoughts.

Also, how is response time if I ordered from their site directly, Amazon is giving me option for 3-5 days?
Old 17th July 2015, 10:54   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post

I am looking to use it with my Fabia, and was expecting feedback from you folks on how the device is coming along.
You need to keep the engine running while using these portable inflators. I believe its a waste of fuel and a hassle and time consuming for regular use. Topping up at the fuel pump is a better option.

The only use of these would be as a backup (feel good factor that you have something in the boot that can fill air and hope it works when needed after long periods of dis-use)

Now that I have this, I'm also thinking of getting a tubeless tyre puncture repair kit. The puncture repair strips should preferrably have a long shelf life (> 2 years).
One practice that i've found useful to follow is never to drive too close to the edges of roads. Thats where you'll find the most of nails, thorns and other sharp objects and the probabilty of landing up with a puncture greatly reduces if you can avoid rolling your tyre along the edges.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 17th July 2015 at 11:00.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 22:28   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
You need to keep the engine running while using these portable inflators. I believe its a waste of fuel and a hassle and time consuming for regular use. Topping up at the fuel pump is a better option.
That's just not true, just an old wife's tale, and quite a few people have noted it over this thread. I have used a few over the last 15 odd years, on a regular basis, and earlier connected to battery or just switched engine on, even when I had a flat.

The engine needs to be switched on as a precaution, and unless you suspect you have a real weak battery, the car never needs to use fuel. I have the resqtech on the reco of dkaile and found it a sturdy product, very compact and perfectly able to top up 4 tires. If you have used the earlier noisy, vibrating fickle inflators, you will appreciate what this product can do.

Please use the products before bashing it.
Old 29th July 2015, 18:56   #501
BHPian

After using a foot-pump for many years, took the plunge and got a costly Michelin tire inflator.

Initial impression is that it is excellent.

Will post a detailed review in a few days.
A multi-tool was included in the package for a total of Rs.5,095.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00X74QYQ0
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_9573.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_9571.jpg  

manim is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 10:12   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
After using a foot-pump for many years, took the plunge and got a costly Michelin tire inflator.

Initial impression is that it is excellent.

Will post a detailed review in a few days.
A multi-tool was included in the package for a total of Rs.5,095.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00X74QYQ0

Which foot pump were you using? How was your experience with it?

The Michelin one is very costly compared to the others. Did you check out the other brands before getting this one?
Old 30th July 2015, 15:30   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Which foot pump were you using? How was your experience with it?

The Michelin one is very costly compared to the others. Did you check out the other brands before getting this one?
My earlier foot pump was bought at a local town 6.5 years back for Rs.450 (photo attached). It still serves me well (I had to replace the rubber seal twice though). But the pressure guage in it is only approximate.

I had another digital gauge with me. The problem was fine tuning the exact pressure, I had to always over pump with the foot-pump and then let our air repeatedly by measuring umpteen times with the digital gauge for all four tyres.

When I saw that this Michelin is automatic, it has a digital gauge and also an auto cut-off, I jumped at it. I was willing to pay more for the brand name.

I still am experimenting with my new one and will post my feedback within a couple of days.

(I also considered the Coida brand many users here own, there is an automatic model for around Rs.1,800 on amazon.in: http://www.amazon.in/Coido-6312D-Aut.../dp/B00T1BZC20).
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_7690.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_7693.jpg  

manim is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 19:46   #504
BHPian

Here are further observations:

Well Built, hope this lasts for five years or more.

The power cord is long to reach all my tires.

Lots of extra features like raft, mattress inflator extensions and ports, a waste for me now, but who knows they may come in handy someday in the future!

I got a Michelin-Automotive-14-in-1-Multi-Tool along with this package, this is like a swiss-knife and well-built too.

Light-weight, easy to carry.

Not as noisy as expected.

The valve-seal is of the screw-type and not the older snap-type, so I expect the seal to last a long time (I had to change the rubber seal on my foot-pump every year).

A torch-light is in-built for any emergencies.

I also used it on my Bicycle tires by using an adapter (bought elsewhere).

Though not a problem with the product, I got a french language user manual only. Fortunately I found the english manual on the internet.

My opinion is, it is excellent, worth an investment.

(had taken pictures of the box for archiving purposes, posting it here)
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-1.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-2.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-4.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-6.jpg  

manim is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 10:31   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Does it come with a carry case or bag?
Old 31st July 2015, 11:14   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Does it come with a carry case or bag?
Unfortunately no.
I plan to use some cheap bag with some padding, since it is supposed to be always in the car.
Old 9th August 2015, 13:01   #507

Aug 6 morning.

I find my innova rear tyre flat for the first time. Didn't want to go through the process and pain of changing the wheel. Then struck the idea of portable tyre inflator. I didn't need my car that day, so had a buffer. Saw this thread and identified COIDO as the brand that could work for me. COIDO having too many options at different price points without much visible difference, I dreaded visiting shops and look for this brand and then negotiate prices. The next search was online. At amazon, there was one such piece which was available for next day delivery. Ordered it without any further thought at 11:00 PM Aug 6.

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00RMFGJN8/ref=pe_1909141_77686051_tnp_emaildp_1

It was amazon fulfilled. Aug 7 : 4:30 PM - Shipment arrived. By 5 PM, the Innova was back on road with puncture repaired. It took ~ 6 minutes to reach a ~35PSI reading from flat. Useful thing. This now sit's in my wife's car for emergency.

I'll look for a sturdy one for regular use a little later.

Last edited by ampere : 9th August 2015 at 14:14. Reason: Formatted post
Old 28th August 2015, 13:41   #508
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
I brought two of Auto Pearl 12V 150PSI piston metal air compressor online for less than 1K each.
Works great, no issues on the first few days. Yet to see long term relaibility of this specific brand (seems made in china with sticker of Autp Pearl, which is ok as most of these things are made in china). Though these have pressure guage, i use a separate one brough from tata motors few years ago.
I have another one which is 3 years old for my second car, works still fine as it is also metal based. Recently, i had a first puncture in my Mobilio's front tyre and having an air compressor was great help. I filled up the tyre using this, and could reach the repair shop with peace of mind.

Regards,
Abhishek
Old 31st August 2015, 16:57   #509
BHPian

I bought this air comp recently based on my previous experience with this company. I used it a couple of times. Its a superb unit. The moment the motor starts you realize its power and strength. I paid around 2200/- for it. Very happy with its performance.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-aircompressor12v.jpg  

Old 13th September 2015, 22:29   #510
Senior - BHPian

My Emporis pump blew my car's fuse when i let it run to close to a minute. I guess i should follow the practice of switching it off after 20 to 30 seconds and resume as it seemed to do ok with the on off method.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks