Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2017, 11:12   #646

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Please buy floor pump used for road cycles. Depending on valve (Presta/Shrader) used in wheelchair, get valve adapter as well if needed.
Oh, interesting! This looks like exactly what I need. Mine's a Schrader valve. Thanks a lot!
Old 7th August 2017, 12:07   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
So my question is:
  1. Are Coido/Windek capable of filling up to 145 PSI? I have never seen any review/video of them being used up to such high PSIs
  2. Is there any cheaper AC to 12V DC adapter I can buy to use the pump with wall sockets? Power sockets in our house are rated 15Amps, so if there's a converter which can return up to 15 Amps 12V DC, it should work I suppose.
None of of the air compressor used for Car tires can be used to fill up to 145 PSI. Practically, Max up to 40-45 PSI is what they are designed for.

If any of the compressor has to fill up to 145 PSI, then the motor should have the capacity to fill at least 2 times i.e., 290 PSI within its tank. This is possible only if the motor has the large power rating to compress the air in the tank in spite of its increasing pressure.

if operating voltage is 12 V, then current rating has to be very very high which car battery won't be able to supply.

So, theoretically, it is not possible with car tire inflators
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 12:13   #648
BHPian

Bergmann Typhoon Car Tyre Inflator is on lightning deal for next 3hrs for Rs. 1418 (~300 reduced from regular price) if anyone is interested. I just placed order for one.
Old 21st August 2017, 14:18   #649
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I need to order a Car Tyre Inflator urgently as I am heading out to a trip to Gujarat this thursday. Urgently why? 3 of my tyres lose a 3 to 4 psi in a few days and I think the leak is because of the steel rim. I intend to fix this after the trip but I need the inflator for the trip so that I can enjoy the drive and every morning top up the psi or so when it reduces.

What I need is?

1)Automatic start/stop when a pressure is set
2)Easy to plugin and plugout the pipe to the tyre.
3)Calibration is atmost important, it should show the right tyre pressures, +/- 1 is okay, but not more

Anything that you guys recommend?
Old 21st August 2017, 17:45   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Guys, I need to order a Car Tyre Inflator urgently as I am heading out to a trip to Gujarat this thursday. Urgently why? 3 of my tyres lose a 3 to 4 psi in a few days and I think the leak is because of the steel rim. I intend to fix this after the trip but I need the inflator for the trip so that I can enjoy the drive and every morning top up the psi or so when it reduces.

What I need is?

1)Automatic start/stop when a pressure is set
2)Easy to plugin and plugout the pipe to the tyre.
3)Calibration is atmost important, it should show the right tyre pressures, +/- 1 is okay, but not more

Anything that you guys recommend?
I think the reasoning is not right here. Unless the steel rims are totally rusted OR heavily bent, there will not be any leaks. If there are leaks due to rust, then pressure drop will be significant and cannot be just 3-4 psi in few weeks.

In my view, please get the valves checked or search for punctures in all three tires before you go on trip. There is a possibility that the car has gone on some rough patch of the road or glass pieces road OR near some Puncture shops where people throw nails to get more business.

Regarding Tyre inflator, In my experience, Good Year Tyre Inflator is very good. I have been using this since almost a year and it has given good performance for my Qualis Tires

Last edited by gkveda : 21st August 2017 at 17:46.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 22:26   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
I think the reasoning is not right here. Unless the steel rims are totally rusted OR heavily bent, there will not be any leaks. If there are leaks due to rust, then pressure drop will be significant and cannot be just 3-4 psi in few weeks.

In my view, please get the valves checked or search for punctures in all three tires before you go on trip. There is a possibility that the car has gone on some rough patch of the road or glass pieces road OR near some Puncture shops where people throw nails to get more business.

Regarding Tyre inflator, In my experience, Good Year Tyre Inflator is very good. I have been using this since almost a year and it has given good performance for my Qualis Tires
Oh, I got all 4 tyres opened, checked them for puntures, put in brand new valves too on all 4, new valve caps, initially for a few weeks the pressure remained stable, after that the same thing again. The rims look almost brand new you know, I am a loss to find the reason, I am planning to buy brand new steel rims, mount the tyres and see what happens.

I fill 36 in the front and 34 behind, I checked yesterday after a week of filling up, the front left had 35, the right one had 33 and both the rear ones had 31. The car had run 300 km from the last fill up.

Thank you for the suggestion, let me try this inflator out,
Old 21st August 2017, 22:47   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Guys, I need to order a Car Tyre Inflator urgently as I am heading out to a trip to Gujarat this thursday. Urgently why? 3 of my tyres lose a 3 to 4 psi in a few days and I think the leak is because of the steel rim.
Would be good to be sure before setting off on a long trip. You have time to get a tyre shop to give a quick check. I suppose one could just paint or spray soapy water, but you want to see all round, and removing/replacing wheels is no fun for us but a few minutes work to them.

I had a slow leak in one tyre once. It came, then it went. I even did a several-hundred-mile round trip without loosing pressure and thought it had fixed itself. And shredded the tyre a few days later because the nail eventually worked up a big enough hole to let all the air out on an in-city trip
Old 23rd August 2017, 13:13   #653
BHPian

I am planning to buy a tyre inflator for 2 primary reasons :
(1) Weekly top-up so that I don't need to visit petrol bunk only for air
(2) Can be useful in case of a puncture in the middle of a journey (though I always carry a Stepney)

I have shortlisted this from Amazon, being sold at INR 4K.
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-resqtech-inflator.jpg
I already have a foot pump at home bought 5 years ago but never used (something like this).
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-footpump.jpg

Does it make sense to go for the resqtech one, for weekly air top-up?
Old 23rd August 2017, 13:23   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Seems quite expensive, at least to me. Some other contenders at half the price:

http://www.amazon.in/Bergmann-Typhoo...=tyre+inflator

http://www.amazon.in/Windek-RCP_AL1E...3474684&sr=8-3

I've heard that Coido inflators are also decent. No personal experience with any of these, though.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 17:22   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Did you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I've heard that Coido inflators are also decent. No personal experience with any of these, though.
The problem with these re-branded 'generic' compressors is they seem to run out of breath when filling air in SUVs. I had a generic one earlier, and even a 2-3 psi topup caused it to give up on the 3rd tyre. It is is fine for small hatches though, still works fine for the Alto!

On Bergmann, I see one review which mentions the same.

Not sure what to pick up!
Old 1st September 2017, 17:52   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

I have both a resqtech one and a windek one. I never got to use the Resqtech, but the WIndek one was used extensively on a recent trip to Spiti, as well as weekly topping up post. Its the analog version of the digital ones that mentioned a little earlier on the thread. Windek is wonderful. I will locate the resqtech one and see how it does. I have a pressure washer from Reqtech, and its pretty high quality stuff, so i think the inflator ought to hold up well as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Did you buy it?

The problem with these re-branded 'generic' compressors is they seem to run out of breath when filling air in SUVs. I had a generic one earlier, and even a 2-3 psi topup caused it to give up on the 3rd tyre. It is is fine for small hatches though, still works fine for the Alto!

On Bergmann, I see one review which mentions the same.

Not sure what to pick up!
PSI is PSI, whether its an alto or a caterpillar. Just going to take longer, I suppose. I wanted to buy a coido just because it was so cheap, but I am glad I spent the money on the windek based on the reviews here.
Old 1st September 2017, 18:02   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
PSI is PSI, whether its an alto or a caterpillar. Just going to take longer, I suppose. I wanted to buy a coido just because it was so cheap, but I am glad I spent the money on the windek based on the reviews here.
I know, but sometimes real life just trumps you.

Speaking from practical experience, and just trying to minimise an embarrassment later on. The review about Resqtec on the previous page is encouraging. These generic compressors do tend to create a whole lot of noise.
Old 4th September 2017, 11:01   #658
BHPian

Hey guys, Need help with my tyre inflator.

I had bought the Windek RCP_AL1E_1902 Digital Tyre Inflator from Amazon in Feb and until recently it was working well. Now the part that connects the pump to the tyre valve has come off.
How do I get that part or the entire pipe connecting the pump to the tyre replaced? I do not want to spend ~1.8k INR to buy it again instead of jump replacing/repairing the aforementioned part.
Old 4th September 2017, 13:40   #659
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ResQTech Tyre Inflator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I had picked up one in November 2015 when I bought a new S-Cross. Fortunately, did not have the need to use it...till today.

0-25 psi in about 7-8 minutes including two short cooling off breaks was very impressive.

It is built a lot better than the cheap Chinese one I had previously and less noisier too.

Rating = 5 stars for functionality. Lets see how it scores on longevity
Had to use this once in January to top up air in my S-Cross and once to fill my dads Brio from 0 to about 25 PSI.

It worked flawlessly both times.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 18:19   #660
BHPian

Bought Windex 1902 tyre inflator through Amazon. Tried it on my Maruti Alto 800.
Pros:
- Light and compact
- Comes with a backlit screen and torch
- Digital gage, auto cutoff; was able to top up from 24 to 30 psi in less than 1 minute
- accuracy was within +/- 1psi as shown by my michelin digital pressure gage
- 12v cable is more than sufficient for 4 to 4.2m long cars.
Cons:
- 12v plastic connector broke off in the first attempt. Taped it up and it worked fine.
- need to setup for 1 psi higher than setpoint required due to losses while fixing and removing nozzles
- sounds like a small moped, moves around a bit and need to hold it down

Overall seems good for small topups, Hope it lasts.

Last edited by sansvk : 10th September 2017 at 18:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks