Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2018, 18:59   #721
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
One thing to always remember about 12v inflator is the fact that you will always find them 'fast' when it comes to inflating a nearly flat or a very low on pressure tire as compared to inflating a tire which is already at 30+ PSI. Everything happens in less than 3 minutes while it may take a minute or 90 seconds to increase pressure by 3 PSI when it's already 30 or 32.

This is a universal truth and works exactly the same for all branded inflators which more or less come with the same set up inside.

Try it out next time and you will know what I am referring to.
Mine is less than a minute from 28-29 to 32PSI. I have the Viair 85P: https://www.amazon.in/VIAIR-85P-Port...keywords=viair
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 19:15   #722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Mine is less than a minute from 28-29 to 32PSI.
Sure but in general what I was referring to is that the speed it takes to fill up from 0 will he much quicker than it takes to fill up after 30 PSI.

Again, it will also depend on the volume of Air inside. It takes me less than or nearly 2 minutes to fill a flat tire of WagonR while it certainly takes more for the 205 profile in Ertiga.

All said and done, all of the inflators have been the same in terms of construction. Some look good with the cover around while some look naked without any wrapping around.

I refer to this since I have opened quite a few ones when they had some issues including the the famous brand ITC which were OE suppliers to many manufacturers and called themselves 'Heavy Duty'.

Thankfully the one I use is a COIDO and more than 5 years old now, working without issues till date that I had picked for less than 999 from ebay.

Had subsequently referred to another one from Emporis from Pune which was equally good then and looked naked liked many others and super silent. This was the same company that manufactured pneumatic jack and power spanner for wheel removal too.

Look at MyTVS that so neatly aped design of ResQTec and still does duty beautifully, right from your palm (due to is small size body).

The main differentiator among all these will be the cylinder inside that is driven by the electric motor. The bigger the cylinder the better the output and faster the filling of air.

And this is something I gifted my friend today for his new car:

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img20180714wa0022.jpeg

Quite popular and I am sure this one too shall do duty without much ado.

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th July 2018 at 19:20.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 19:34   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Sure but in general what I was referring to is that the speed it takes to fill up from 0 will he much quicker than it takes to fill up after 30 PSI.
I did a random test run when I got mine 4 years ago. In the video the car is an i10 2009 model with stock tyres. This test is from 30 to 60psi (just for sakes) and does it in 1min 11 secs.

4 years later I still use this very same compressor to fill 225/55/17 Crysta tyres and it still works as new.

First mention of VIAIR purchase on this thread was in 2010 and great to see this model being still sold and good reviews!

The gauge on VIAIR also seems to be accurate, I bought a Moroso tyre gauge alongwith the VIAIR and reading on Moroso and VIAIR match.

https://www.amazon.com/Moroso-89560-.../dp/B000COS8FI

Last edited by Sankar : 14th July 2018 at 19:41. Reason: Corrected tyre size from 215/55/17 to 225/55/17
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 21:15   #724
BHPian

Folks

Bought new Endeavour and not happy with the tyre pressure gauge at the fuel pumps. I need to drive at least 3 kms from my home to fuel station and when I checked back to back at 2 different fuel stations, it showed a pressure difference of up to 4 PSI between these 2 and probably due to the distance, it anyway showed inflated pressure.

I have decided to buy the best quality tyre inflator and based on the review here, I have shortlisted the following:
1) RESQTECH HEAVY DUTY DIGITAL TYRE INFLATOR ( RSQ-AC102)
2) Michelin 12266 High Power Rapid Tyre Inflator (Black and Blue)

Can you please let me know:
1) Which one of the above is recommended. I am inclined towards REQTECH and saw some recommendation here, but not sure if any one is actually using it here. Amazon has lots of positive reviews for Michelin 12266 and Michelin is a known brand, hence confused.
2) Can these inflators serve well for Endeavour? I want to rely on this inflator for regular top up completely and not goto fuel station at all for tyre inflation.
3) Is using 12V port safe (from the car battery perspective) for inflating SUV tyres? I believe the recommendation is to keep the engine running while inflating and not just in battery mode, correct?
Old 16th July 2018, 23:50   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Can these inflators serve well for Endeavour? I want to rely on this inflator for regular top up completely and not goto fuel station at all for tyre inflation.
I'm looking for something similar as well, and I have zeroed in on the ViAir 85P so far. Do check that out as well - rave reviews on Amazon.com too.

Quote:
3) Is using 12V port safe (from the car battery perspective) for inflating SUV tyres? I believe the recommendation is to keep the engine running while inflating and not just in battery mode, correct?
Yes, just start your engine and use it via the 12V sockets, no worries. Even cable length will be less of an issue in the Endeavour as you can use different ports for different tyres (front and boot).
Mu009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 09:38   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which one of the above is recommended.
My preference is Michelin 12266 however I picked it up at less price than current price(Amazon) of ResQTech RSQ-AC102.
Quote:
Can these inflators serve well for Endeavour?
Yes, these would serve well for top-ups as well as full tyre inflation.
Quote:
Is using 12V port safe (from the car battery perspective) for inflating SUV tyres? I believe the recommendation is to keep the engine running while inflating and not just in battery mode, correct?
Yes, pretty safe without a drain on car battery. Check inflator manuals as some need to be used only on battery and not while engine is ON.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 10:38   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks

I have decided to buy the best quality tyre inflator and based on the review here, I have shortlisted the following:
Resqtech seems to have 2 years warranty while the Michelin one has 1. Kindly note this before making a decision. The Michelin does have better reviews on Amazon than the Resqtech one.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 10:42   #728
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Why not buy the Viair which is way better than either of the 2 options. It's a much better known brand.

Michelin and Resqtech are just rebranded chinese ones.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 11:20   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Just to add to the confusion, I walked into a Maruti showroom last Sat and bought a tyre inflator from them for Rs 2,200. I got this tip from a fellow BHPian. He has seen this inflator being used at the Maruti service center. If Maruti is using it, it can't be wrong .

The product is pretty small and sturdy. Doesn't make much noise. Below is the only online link I found for this -

I have used it to fill air in all my cars (Vento, Polo and Nano). Took hardly 40sec-1min per tyre. I am not sure about Endeavor's tyre size.

All the best!
shifu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 17:59   #730
BHPian

After reading the review on this thread, I finally bought the Michelin Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge with Tread Depth Feature for my road trips.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-1image.jpg  

embee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 15:28   #731
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
After reading the review on this thread, I finally bought the Michelin Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge with Tread Depth Feature for my road trips.
Is it easy to use? Its really difficult to reach the air nozzles and take reading with the right alignment for some gauges..
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 12:33   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Is it easy to use? Its really difficult to reach the air nozzles and take reading with the right alignment for some gauges..
Yes, no reach issues and easy to use.
No backlight on the display, though!
Old 26th July 2018, 12:53   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
It's quite easy to use. Fits on all tyre nozzles easily. But it can get a bit difficult during low light conditions.
Old 26th July 2018, 16:27   #734

I recently bought Goodyear GY-SSD117A Digital Tyre Inflator from Amazon. Used it a couple of times to top up on my Grand i10. Its quite quick and its not all that noisy and it also has auto cut-off feature. So far I’m quite satisfied with it, saves me a lot of time considering it takes an easy 20mins to get my tyres topped up at petrol stations in peak traffic hours.
Old 16th August 2018, 21:19   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this MGA air inflator:

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20180722_213038.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20180722_213048.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20180722_213058.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20180722_213114.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20180722_213239.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20180722_213308.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20180722_213324.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20180722_213335.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20180722_213345.jpg
  • Looks well built for it's price
  • I have a 2015 MGA inflator too, this one fills air much quicker
  • It's as noisy as the older unit
  • Flashlight, SOS and couple of other functions are thoughtful
  • Decent Cable management
  • Auto cut off feature which was missing from the older unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Just to add to the confusion, I walked into a Maruti showroom last Sat and bought a tyre inflator from them for Rs 2,200.
I have the same model since 2015. Just be careful with its cigarette lighter point. I accidentally stepped on it and it broke. My mistake entirely. I have converted it to use aligator clips and now it runs directly from battery.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 16th August 2018 at 21:24.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks