Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2020, 18:26   #796
BANNED

I am looking for a portable Tyre inflators for car and bicycle. During my search online I only found cheap Chinese made items except Makita and DeWalt. Makita is offering two models both cordless. One is 18V and other is 12Volts .
Here is YouTube link of product presentation .

Another I found was DeWalt which is having a 20V model having both corded and cordless function but I have been unable to find any seller . I have a quote from Makita for Inflator 18V DMP 180 with battery and charger at approx 15000Inr. Makita is a reputed Japanese make and hope it will serve well. Anyone has any experience with Makita here.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 7th September 2020 at 18:27.
Old 7th September 2020, 21:16   #797
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyag View Post
Today also I roamed with that inflator to find a solution but all the local people doesn't have any idea about it. Only difference between the above product & mine is the hose is braided one & not plastic.I am yet to call the customer care on this issue, as I though that small part will be available locally.
Have you enquired with local shops selling bicycles and parts/accessories? You are more likely to find the replacement part there than in a car accessory or automobile spares seller.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 09:20   #798
Senior - BHPian

Had bought the Mi Tyre Inflator recently

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-bmw-accessories-28082020_mi-inflator_12.jpg

Working great now after having used it multiple times on my bikes and cars for top up usage.

Details here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post4877875 (BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review)

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 10:31   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Mi just launched its new crowdfunding project in India, Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor.

Attachment 2031996
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200908_102128.jpg

Got my Mi portable electric air compressor two weeks back and had tried a couple of times. Here is my feedback.

Pros
Shows tyre pressure when connected to tyre, I really wanted this feature.
It looks simple, sturdy and well build. Very less sound and vibration.
Light weight and compact size makes it easy to carry around; cordless usage is an added advantage here.
Operating it is very straight forward and gets the job done in a couple of mins if it is just a top-up.

Cons
Good for top-ups up to 5 psi, anything more than that is taking much time.
If you have to fill more than 5 psi per tyre, the battery won't last for all 4 tyres.
Seems to lose 1 PSI while unscrewing it from the tyre.

It is good to use on footballs, cycles and two-wheelers rather than on car tyres. I brought it for using it on my car only and I don't have any two-wheeler. So I am bit disappointed here, maybe my expectations were high as this is my first attempt with portable air compressors.

TUSA experience shared by some bhpians looks promising for cars, maybe I should sell off Mi and try TUSA.
northstar* is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 11:16   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Have you enquired with local shops selling bicycles and parts/accessories? You are more likely to find the replacement part there than in a car accessory or automobile spares seller.
Checked everywhere, started from bicycle shop, automobile shop & even went to heavy vehicle repair shops nobody could not help me out.

The different comments being ---

1) Its fully molded can't be repaired (I just thought, what the...)

2) Its american thread, we can remove it but can't fix it back (face slap)

with this I came to know how people tell that "I don't know" in different words, so I thought enough is enough let me check teambhp. When time comes will take it to chennai to find better solution.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th September 2020 at 21:59. Reason: Grammatical error.
Thyag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 12:08   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Checked everywhere, started from bicycle shop, automobile shop & even went to heavy vehicle repair shops nobody can't help me out.
Wont an adapter like this help?
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-screenshot-20200908-12.06.51-pm.png

I got mine from aliexpress, but looking around should help.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 12:59   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Wont an adapter like this help?
Attachment 2052977

I got mine from aliexpress, but looking around should help.
I also thought the same initially but the problem being the brass nozzle thread has been damaged, so any accessory is not giving full seal when connected.

I even checked whether the full hose can be disconnected and a new one can be connected - for that only they told american thread type .
Thyag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 16:37   #803
OmV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Have you got chance to use it or try it out? My tyre inflator got damaged in flooding at my house. I'm on lookout for a new one. As of now, I don't see this available anywhere.

Hi sorry for the late response. This works great and I see a few other people have also reported positive experiences. Go for it if you haven't already bought one. I see it is available on the mi website now.
https://m.store.mi.com/in/item/3202500016
OmV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 15:01   #804
Senior - BHPian

All,

I need suggestion to buy a decent tyre inflator. I would like something robust with a digital gauge and auto cutoff feature. I was planning to buy the TUSA inflator, link - TUSA car tyre inflator
However, it is not available right now.

So, I have shortlisted the following. Can you please help me finalize if you have any experience or feedback with any of these? I am also open to any other suggestions within a budget of 3K.
Old 27th September 2020, 13:15   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When emergency struck me in the form of one of my deflating tyre, I connected it & was waiting for it to fill it up but instead the tyre became totally flat. Then my thorough checking showed me that the neighbor has wrong threaded the brass nozzle and now I am left with a damaged product which just deflates anything which I try to inflate.
Thinking aloud, get the thread on the tyre valve also for damage. I got a new inflator last week and am finding it difficult to connect it to the valve on my Polo, but the same inflator easily fits onto my Verna tyre. I am planning to get the polo valves inspected before I return the inflator. Don't know if there are minor differences in the valve thread sizes/types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
All,

I need suggestion to buy a decent tyre inflator. I would like something robust with a digital gauge and auto cutoff feature.
You can also add Michelin 12266 High Power Rapid Tyre Inflator to the list. I picked one up last week from amazon. Note that the this is different from the common 12265 which doesn't support auto cutoff. I have observed that 12266 is generally out of stock. Just setup an alert and order quickly when you get the notification.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 14:38   #806

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Had bought the Mi Tyre Inflator recently

Attachment 2052927

Working great now after having used it multiple times on my bikes and cars for top up usage.

Details here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post4877875 (BMW R1250GS Adventure Pro MY2020 - Style HP - The Comprehensive Review)

Cheers...
Hi, I had bought the same Mi product for use as a tyre inflator. it does its job, but it is very slow, and in case of 31 x 10.5 tyres on My Thar, it takes a lot of time just to add a few psi. It is good for bike tyres, however i had bought it for off roading purpose as i may inflate and deflate where necessary, wrong choice for wrong purpose, buy it for leisurely filling yout tyre. No checked on a completely empty tyre, but yes, expected to take atleast 15 to 20 minutes to fill one tyre, and pray its battery does not run out.
Old 2nd October 2020, 13:29   #807
BHPian

The problem is nearly solved (Post the details, later), all these days thought that the nozzle gave away but the hose itself ruptured in upstream connection.

I went to many shops but none of them were eager to help, only one bicycle parts distributor helped me out. He too was afraid to remove the hose as he thought it may damage some of the parts, I roamed with it for 1 hour and then returned home & removed the hose with my tools.

The hose is the weakest link in the machine and it seems to be confirmed in the below given video. Other than the above fault the machine works effortlessly, as mentioned earlier more than a year I used only this machine for my vehicles, bicycles.

When I bought it was priced around 1600 but now above 2200 in amazon, the product is must for all (long trips or short trips), only be prepared for the hose failure, it just happens due to the heat generated I hope.

The below video was very helpful in giving me confidence that it can be fixed.

Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-pxl_20201002_064500144.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-pxl_20201002_075321901.jpg  

Thyag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 20:49   #808
Senior - BHPian

How good are Foot Operated pumps (twin cylinder models)?

I have used many 12V Tyre Inflators previously-
1. Resqtech 1st Model (Small one),

2. Tyre Inflator sold by Maruti Dealer (the Digital one),

3. Bell Aire Series 3000 (this one is leaking air from inside the machine- might be from piston)

4. Bergmann Typhoon (currently doing its duty in Xylo).

The Bell one was doing duty in Elite i20.

So I am in confusion- whether to buy Electronic one or go for Foot Operated One.

Which one has more life? Also does Foot Operated One require too much Energy to operate?
Is foot Operated one repairable?
Old 2nd October 2020, 21:58   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
How good are Foot Operated pumps (twin cylinder models)?
i20.

So I am in confusion- whether to buy Electronic one or go for Foot Operated One.

Which one has more life? Also does Foot Operated One require too much Energy to operate?
Is foot Operated one repairable?
Don't waste money and time with foot operated pumps. These still require a fair amount of effort, energy and time to fill tyres. In emergency situations, the electric pump will be far faster to get your car back to driving condition again.

In terms of longevity, the foot pumps might last longer. But the time and effort factor just doesn't justify putting money into it unless you plan to use it only at home.
anilp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 23:20   #810
Senior - BHPian

So which one to go for in 12V ones?
I don't want to go for expensive ones. May be below Rs. 2000/-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks