Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2020, 10:02   #826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
I had purchased Bergmann Tyre Inflator in 2018 and seeing mine, 2 more people bought one.

Recently, I bought 1 more for a Brezza in our family. Also, I was in need of a car vaccum cleaner and for that, I bought a Bergmann one with a power rating of 150W.

Now I realise, my Punto had a 12v socket rated at 180W whereas Brezza has a 12v socket rated at 120W. To make matters more confusing, I have also migrated from a punto to S-Cross. It has a 120W rated power socket as well.

Query for Maruti Suzuki owners: Are you strictly using Tyre inflators of 120W power or can we use these 150W max rated inflators as well?
If the tyre inflator is running fine off the 12v socket without blowing the fuse then you need not have to worry
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 10:55   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Query for Maruti Suzuki owners: Are you strictly using Tyre inflators of 120W power or can we use these 150W max rated inflators as well?
If you use 180W power inflator, it draws 15A from 12V battery. So,

1. 12 V socket should be capable to withstand 15A current
2. Fuse should be of 15A rating

If the car does not have any of these two, it won't work. Either the fuse will blow out or lighter socket may get burnt.

So, it is safe to change fuse and socket before using the inflator
Old 28th December 2020, 20:52   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
I found 3 Michelin’s. Confused about which one is better.

Also in the first place, are both any good.

Michelin 12290...
Michelin MN-4203 ...

MICHELIN 12295 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
If the tyre inflator is running fine off the 12v socket without blowing the fuse then you need not have to worry
Just purchased a Michelin ML-12312 The pressure can be preset and it has a direct drive motor with twin pistons.
Its rated at 14 Amps/168 watts.

My cars power ports are rated at 180W max, I'm a bit hesitant to use the car's power port as it may still blow out the car's fuse. I'm thinking of buying a battery clamp adapter so that I can connect it directly to the battery while using.

Have had a ResQ-Tec inflator for around the last 5 years for emergency/very occasional use. It has served well. This time wanted to go for a higher capacity inflator.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 06:55   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Just purchased a Michelin ML-12312 The pressure can be preset and it has a direct drive motor with twin pistons.
Its rated at 14 Amps/168 watts.

My cars power ports are rated at 180W max, I'm a bit hesitant to use the car's power port as it may still blow out the car's fuse. I'm thinking of buying a battery clamp adapter so that I can connect it directly to the battery while using.
Thanks for the input. I have actually gone for the Michelin 12266. Have been playing around with it for a couple of days. It’s absolutely great !

How did you find out the power rating ? It’s not mentioned anywhere
Old 29th December 2020, 11:15   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post

How did you find out the power rating ? It’s not mentioned anywhere
I couldn't find it anywhere online too until I finally found it in the user manual.
What is the power rating of the Michelin 12266?

It is quite huge compared to my earlier trusty ReqQ-Tec which is now doing duty in another car.
The Michelin 12312 is real quick in filling and silent (Link). I took the plunge and tried it on my 180W rated power outlet.

I want to buy a battery clamp wire to cigarette lighter female socket so that I can directly connect it to the car battery terminals. Can anyone recommend me a good wire to connect to battery.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 29th December 2020 at 11:30.
Old 29th December 2020, 17:42   #831

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
TUSA experience shared by some bhpians looks promising for cars, maybe I should sell off Mi and try TUSA.
Please inform of you're planning to sell the mi tyre inflator as I'm interested in buying it.
AkhilR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 18:47   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkhilR View Post
Please inform of you're planning to sell the mi tyre inflator as I'm interested in buying it.
Yes, was planning to sell it.

Have dropped you a message. Do check.
Old 4th January 2021, 09:56   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I want to buy a battery clamp wire to cigarette lighter female socket so that I can directly connect it to the car battery terminals. Can anyone recommend me a good wire to connect to battery.
I had the same problem with the Blackcat Hercules portable inflator. It is rated at 15A while my Scorpio's 12v outlet is rated at 10A.

If you are a DIY person, you can fabricate the same. I did the same and it's easy. The cigarette lighter socket is available from any car accessory shop while the wire/battery clips would be available from auto-electric part shop. The wire should be of 4mm gauge.
manchandap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 10:38   #834
BHPian

Got the Bergmann Typhoon inflator around 2 months back. Used it to fill air in my car, scooter, kids cycle and a few toys like inflatable balls. Works like a charm. Fills up the tires to required pressures pretty quickly. Comes with a decent bag to be carried around.

This particular one doesn't come with auto cut off and a digital meter but I guess given its sub 2k, this can be lived with. Unfortunately its only after buying this I saw that they have another version for around 2.7k which has auto cutoff and a digital meter too.

The only downside I see with this product is that the nozzle which goes on to the valve in the tire has a thread and is a screw type nozzle. While they claim this is better, some air escapes while screwing and unscrewing it on the tire valve. Not a big issue but its still there.
Old 18th January 2021, 19:09   #835
Distinguished - BHPian

Do we get the hose-pipe/air-pipe that is attached to foot-operated inflators ?

I have an old one lying with me, but the pipe cracked and we have thrown it away. Our gardener is looking for a pump for his kid's cycles, and I think this can help him for his bike also.
Old 18th January 2021, 19:13   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Do we get the hose-pipe/air-pipe that is attached to foot-operated inflators ?

I have an old one lying with me, but the pipe cracked and we have thrown it away. Our gardener is looking for a pump for his kid's cycles, and I think this can help him for his bike also.
You need to visit the market area where the air compressors are sold. You will be able to get one fabricated to the length you want. However, considering the time and cost you have to spend to get this repaired, it is better to buy a new one from Decathlon.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 10:15   #837
BHPian

I'm in the lookout for a new portable tyre inflator. The Windek model I had before stopped working after 2 years.

Need suggestion whether it is better to buy one with thread type of fitting at the end, or the clip-on kind of one that they usually use at puncture shops and fuel stations.
From my experience with Windek I could see that the thread type of unit leaks a lot of air while fitting and removing.
Selling advise from T-BHP experts on this.
Old 23rd January 2021, 00:54   #838

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I'm in the lookout for a new portable tyre inflator. The Windek model I had before stopped working after 2 years.

Need suggestion whether it is better to buy one with thread type of fitting at the end, or the clip-on kind of one that they usually use at puncture shops and fuel stations.
From my experience with Windek I could see that the thread type of unit leaks a lot of air while fitting and removing.
My suggestion would be to buy the thread type as it is tightly fitted during filling and hence shows the accurate pressure. Fill up 1 psi more than the intended pressure as nearly that is what is lost during removal.
Old 23rd January 2021, 07:38   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post

I'm using thread type Bergmann Digital Tyre inflator and it has a default setting of filling up 0.5 psi extra than the set value. For example, if I set psi value to 33, tyre pressure will stop filling air after reaching 33.5 . TBH, thread type mechanism seems to be more durable and air leakage during removal of nozzle is least of my concern.
Old 7th March 2021, 18:50   #840
Distinguished - BHPian

BUYING HELP :: What are the options for poetable inflators which doesnt need a power source?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks