Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2021, 02:19   #886
BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbie2019 View Post
Please recommend a portable inflator/air compressor product for Maruti Ignis Alpha, Auxiliary output rated at 10A, 12V and 120W as mentioned in the user manual. I'm planning to use it once a week as i drive on rough surfaces quite a bit.
I like to buy a 150w rated product, unfortunately limited Maruti's spec.
Experts, please weigh in? If a 150w rated product is used with an output of 120w, as mentioned above, would it not simply slow down the process?
Have an air compressor rated just 'heavy duty' that inflates SUV tyres at about one psi per 20-25 seconds, inflates a KO2 from 13psi to 36psi in about three minutes per tyre. My compressor simply says maximum working pressure is 150psi, 12 volt, max amperage draw at 45. This is some brand called NQ118Q, brought about four years back in the middle east. Box just says "Maximum air flow: 6400 Cubic inches per minute".
I always thought if power input is 120w, and I plug in a 150w appliance, it will either not work or work slowly. Am I thinking this incorrectly?
Old 7th October 2021, 08:14   #887
BHPian

I doubt any of these are available here in India, but I like Project Farm's systematic approach to testing these tyre inflators :
mvadg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 10:35   #888
Senior - BHPian

After an incident of a flat tyre after parking by the roadside, I started looking at tyre inflators. This thread had the most comprehensive information.

Based on my research, I found the below information:
1. Many persons have reported that the nozzles give way after just a few times of usage.
2. Whereas, some others say that when they attempted to use the product for the first time several months after purchase, and it would not work.
3. Some products apparently blow the fuse especially when used to inflate a flat tyre.
4. I also considered foot pumps but my friends advised me against going for it.
It did not look convincing.

Is it better to park the idea until a reliable alternative is available?
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 12:11   #889
BHPian

I have been using two of them for many years now. One is a Goodyear branded (digital) and the other is non branded (analog) from Naaptol. Not faced any of the issues that you have posted.

I have stopped checking at petrol bunks as the tyres are never cold during checks. I have also inflated a flat tyre many times successfully.
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 13:14   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I have also inflated a flat tyre many times successfully.
Thank you.
Is it necessary to jack up the wheel before inflating a flat tyre using such an inlator?
Old 1st November 2021, 19:42   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
Thank you.
Is it necessary to jack up the wheel before inflating a flat tyre using such an inlator?
Not at all. Just inflate as you will during a top up.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 21:57   #892

I have owned tyre inflators since 2010 as I am a bit OCD about tyre pressure and all. Tata Nexon comes with a ContiMobility tyre sealant kit which can double up as a tyre inflator, but its slow and a bit wimpy. The online market is saturated with 12V DC ones which draw power from the cars charging socket. Call me old fashioned or paranoid but for some reason, I don't like using it for inflating a tyre. I bought this Tyre Inflator which works at 220V so can be plugged into home sockets and also has a 12V DC adaptor for emergency use. Fills air pretty fast and without heating up; easy to use too. (Those red marks are remnants of naphthalene ball-chilli powder mix to ward off cats )
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20211024_093628.jpg
Liked it so much that I have it stashed now in the boot instead of the tyre sealant kit.
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20211027_125658.jpg
Regards,
Viswa
rampalliviswa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:47   #893
Team-BHP Support

I & very close friends / family are using a couple of tire inflators, 2 are gifted (Yokohama) and rest are Bergmanns. All are doing good.

Need pressure gauge, Michelin is not available, anything else? Or should I wait for Michelin? Any ETA on availability?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 17:51   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Incidentally, I had been to Nana Peth today. The name of the shop is Dhanlaxmi Tools & Machinery.
Finally, I purchased the MAX foot pump from Dhanlaxmi Tools and machinery today. The foot pump came with the additional spring and O-Seal ring. As per your post, I also purchased additional Nozzle. Overall, it costed me Rs. 850. I am yet to try the pump out in filling/topping air into the car tyre. I will keep you posted with my experience. Thanks for all the inputs.
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 13:59   #895
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I & very close friends / family are using a couple of tire inflators, 2 are gifted (Yokohama) and rest are Bergmanns. All are doing good.

Need pressure gauge, Michelin is not available, anything else? Or should I wait for Michelin? Any ETA on availability?
Michelin tyre inflater with detachable gauge is available in Amazon. I have used it once in my friends home. It's a good one and quality is quite good.
Old 12th November 2021, 15:07   #896
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Thanks for this. I didn't need this, because my years old resqtech and Windek were still working fine. But hey, shiny Digital thingy!!
No, actually, matching up pressures used to take a long time in the analog versions, so I guess this should take care of that problem.

Incidentally, this is the fastest I've ever bought anything, even from a store. I ordered at 1130 am, and received it at 230 pm. It would have taken me longer to drive out and get it from a local store!
3 Month review after about 10 top-ups.
0-2 PSI topups take about 30 seconds per tyre.
The unit cuts off at input given, but the TPMS shows 33.5 for 32 on the unit. SO, i have started with the units set to 31. TPMS then shows 32-32.5.

Overall, happy.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 15:40   #897
BHPian

I have been using MI portable tyre inflator with inbuilt battery. It is good for top ups, I have used it once to inflate a tyre from 0-25, it started flashing low battery but it was still running.
cryptarchy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 19:18   #898
BHPian

Friends, has anyone bought Maruti Tyre inflator accessory especially the following model - Digital 2-in-1 with built in torch (https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...j0m999w0-130)?

If yes, please share your feedback of the inflator and whether you bought it online. My existing tyre inflator from Emporis works fine but has conked off the fuse of the cigarette lighter port again (second time in the last two years). As per youtube videos, this inflator is rated at 120W and should ideally not take the fuse out (also rated at 120W).As a backup, I have already purchased a foot pump.
Old 18th November 2021, 10:51   #899
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somz View Post
Michelin tyre inflater with detachable gauge is available in Amazon. I have used it once in my friends home. It's a good one and quality is quite good.
Can you please share a link, I don't seem to find it on Amazon.

Thanks !
Old 18th November 2021, 11:00   #900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

I have been using a generic pressure gauge since more than 7 years now and that has never given up except periodic replacement of the coin cell battery that powers it.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-pressure-gauge.jpg

I am not sure what is so special with Michelin for something as simple was a digital pressure gauge. They came into the market much later when we had a plethora of generic Chinese digital gauges available for as less as 350-500 back then in 2012/13. And for sure Michelin too would be a rebadged one from one of these Chinese gauges. In fact I had one more that I had bought for 900 which also had lot of utilities in that like a knife, seat belt cutter, cork opener et al that I later gave it away to a good friend of mine.

So, pick anything that is available and for sure you won't go wrong. Something as simple as this will also do. All of them display pressure in PSI/Bar/KPI with a toggle switch.

Regarding accuracy, I had checked this once with the gauge at the service center (assuming that was calibrated properly) and the numbers tallied on both.

Last edited by paragsachania : 18th November 2021 at 11:03.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks