Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 19:00   #91
BHPian

Guys, today I used this Made in India brand 12volt air compressor under a brand called Limii, the MRP says 2950/-

this is actually made in Pune and comes with a warranty, I have known few people using it and they seem to be pretty ok, my tyrewalla bought it to fill my flat tyre (Innova) it makes a whirring noise but works pretty fine, by looks it resembles Chinese but is not

I am thinking of buying it, as not only for the Car but also it works for cycle and other stuff, if anyone else is interested we can pick it together
Old 19th August 2010, 20:14   #92
Senior - BHPian

I bought one (though bigger and enclosed in a squarish box), supposedly made in Dubai ,from the local accessory shop 3 years back for Rs 900 and it works like a breeze even today.

However, the analog metre goes all the way till 250 psi, therefore I don't rely on it for topping up air---I do that at the petrol bunk only. I've used this thing around 5 times so far, and it takes around 3 minutes to fill up a tyre that is completely flat on the WagonR.

It also has a differrent nozzle for filling up cycle tyres and one more for a football. It comes with a light attached too. I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:26   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by challa View Post
I bought one of these from Ebay, the socket seemed to have some problem with my piece, whenever i plugin and plugout with ignition ON the fuse of cigarette lighter used to blow off. I replaced the fuses and using it by plugging in with ignition off and then ON the ignition when i want the machine to run.

The air compressor comes with Analog metre which is bit difficult to exactly cutoff the airpump else it does the job and a very useful piece to own.
Plugging it out even when the compressor is off will mostly blow the fuse. It is always safe to turn off ignition when plugging in or out any equipment into your car's appliance / lighter socket.

BTW, I have one of these 12v inflators bought at 900 bucks from GP Road, Chennai. Works pretty good and I use it regularly for topping up my tyres. The analog gauge on this pump is unreliable as it has an unrealistically long range (upto 250psi). So I use a handheld analog gauge with a range of 50 PSI with 1 psi gradings that I picked up in the US long ago. I make it a point to check my tyre pressure once every two weeks and that too only when the tyres are cold.
This pump also has a torch light fitting that has a 20W bulb. The bulb has a continuous as well as a flasher mode and a red cover that converts it as a warning lamp if required.

Last edited by cnaganathan : 20th August 2010 at 15:33.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:38   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Plugging it out even when the compressor is off will mostly blow the fuse. It is always safe to turn off ignition when plugging in or out any equipment into your car's appliance / lighter socket.

BTW, I have one of these 12v inflators bought at 900 bucks from GP Road, Chennai. Works pretty good and I use it regularly for topping up my tyres. The analog gauge on this pump is unreliable as it has an unrealistically long range (upto 250psi). So I use a handheld analog gauge with a range of 50 PSI with 1 psi gradings that I picked up in the US long ago. I make it a point to check my tyre pressure once every two weeks and that too only when the tyres are cold.
This pump also has a torch light fitting that has a 20W bulb. The bulb has a continuous as well as a flasher mode and a red cover that converts it as a warning lamp if required.
I think we are talking about the same stuff----is it enclosed in a squrish box?
Old 28th August 2010, 00:37   #95
BHPian

Hi
I am trying to find a Double Barrel Foot Pump in Faridabad. I saw a few listings for the same on Ebay. Anybody who bought one from Ebay. I am strictly talking about the Double Barrel Foot Pump.
Please help.
Old 20th September 2010, 17:50   #96
BHPian

gents, though the chinese inflators available plenty a galore in sub 1k price, I finally want for the made in pune LIMI 12 volt inflator, for plain comfort personal of warranty beyond 1 yr std warranty with all parts locally available and replacable

got it a discounted price of 2300/-
Old 27th October 2010, 17:42   #97
Senior - BHPian

Desperately needed an air pump for my rides after the foot pump I had gave up. Nobody here seems to have reviewed any pump properly, so thought of writing a small review here.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-271010_1700.jpg

This is what I was using for the last couple years or so. Its an all metal foot pump. AFAIK it is made by some small time company in Poona. Got it from some place near Gnyan Prabodhini. Not sure if its also made there itself. Pressure gauge has been quite useless from day one. Seems like this is not just a foot pump but an exercise machine which is designed to strengthen the user's leg muscles and test his patience. The reason for this may be that the nozzle at the end of the tube is just pathetic. It used to work ok with my bikes but it just did not like car tyres and had never fit well around it and would allow air to escape. As of now it is no use even for bike tyres, as it allows more air to escape than you can possibly fill thru fast pumping.

Lesson learnt - these plastic nozzles are prone to much faster wearing (at the point the lever touches the inner piston to depress it and drive the pin into the tyre valve. The plastic pin is also prone to breakage). Try and get a pump with a nozzle that is wholly made of metal (including the inner pin). I had a pump made in Gujarat (Rajkot if I recall correct), that was much better than this and lasted longer too.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-271010_1642.jpg

This is what I got few days ago from eBay for about 500 bucks. Received it in damaged condition (outer case almost in pieces). Will send it back to the seller asap. Tried operating it, with the following observations.

1) As can be seen, Glowfast is printed as the name of the company on the box. Thought this was Chinese stuff, but Glowfast Electronics has a website (please Google it) with few other products including more expensive air compressors. I guess they must be importing the stuff from China.

2) Pump build quality is nothing to write home about. It is however pretty small and weighs just about 500 gm.

3) Moderately noisy. You don't want to run this near peope's residences esp. at night.

4) Topped up 4 car tyres with about 3 psi (approx) in about 10 - 15 minutes or so.

5) There is no switch on the pump. You will have to use the car ignition key. This is the most serious deficiency of this pump. Try to get one with a swtich if possible.

6) I used it from the ciggy lighter off the battery without the engine running. Don't know how bad that is for the battery as the wattage of the pump isn't mentioned. You better run your car after using this thing to recharge the battery.

7) The seal that the pump nozzle mountains on the tyre nozzle seems pretty good. No audible noise of any air loss. It also fit very easily on car and bike tyres both. So the nozzle seems much better than what I have seen on Indian foot pumps.

8) The pressure gauge on the compressor is not totally useless like what I have seen on Indian pumps. Tho you definitely shouldn't rely on it esp. since the least count is quite large - it is calibrated right upto 300 psi! Really dumb thing to do. But at least the thing does help to give some indication as to how much you might have topped up.

9) Gets heated up quite fast, and you better let it cool off (see picture for details about that).

Overall, I find this thing worth having for topping up car/bike tyres. For biger tyres, I don't think this model is a great idea. Nor do I think its good for pumping up completely flat tyres. So I'm not sure how useful it will be in emergencies when you have a flat.

Lastly, unless this thing lasts a few years, its a waste investment. But I'll get to know that only with time. Any users have any comments about its durability?

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-271010_1645.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-271010_1646.jpg

Last edited by Raccoon : 27th October 2010 at 17:47.
Old 22nd December 2010, 13:20   #98
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Today, there is "Foot Pump" being sold on eBay India just for Rs.185/- including shipping under "Deal of the day".

Looks good to me, just now ordered.
Old 22nd December 2010, 20:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

I recently bought a compressor / pump which claims 300 psi But it has come in very handy.

Rescued some kids on the road !! Used it on a flat on my Octy. Filled air in my kids bikes et al, not bad for INR 1500. Also has a torch & or hazard light (blinking)

Not a bad investment. I'd recommend it especially for people doing highway runs.

Cheers
Old 26th December 2010, 14:45   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Today, there is "Foot Pump" being sold on eBay India just for Rs.185/- including shipping under "Deal of the day".

Good luck! Use it for your bicycle. Other than that I don't think it would serve any purpose.
Old 26th December 2010, 15:32   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I recently bought a compressor / pump which claims 300 psi But it has come in very handy.

Rescued some kids on the road !! Used it on a flat on my Octy. Filled air in my kids bikes et al, not bad for INR 1500. Also has a torch & or hazard light (blinking)

Not a bad investment. I'd recommend it especially for people doing highway runs.

Cheers
I too bought a similar product that claims 300 PSI,and has a flash light.
I got it for 750 bucks.
Used it to fill Scorpio's tyre,which was totally flat with 0 PSI.
It filled the tyre in 5-7 mins to 30PSI.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_0275.jpg  

Old 26th December 2010, 16:54   #102
BHPian

Came across this model not sure if we can get somewhere in India

Amazon.com: Black & Decker ASI500 12-Volt Cordless Air Station Inflator: Home Improvement
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-510prgpeapl._sl500_aa300_.jpg  

Old 26th December 2010, 17:22   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

Do let us know if it is any good at least for filling car tyes. I'v seen similar products being sold on the street. Even went to buy one, but was totally put off - the quality was very poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I got it for 750 bucks.
Where did you buy this from? Seems like a better buy than Glowfast I purchased (shown in pics above).

Btw, I got a replacement from the eBay seller. The new one was delivered intact this time, thanks to DTDC. Earlier courier (Trackon) crushed it before delivering.

New one works the same - good enough for topping up air in car tyes. But I wouldn't recommend it for filling up from scratch - its too slow for that, will heat up fast, and may drain the battery. Bike tyres seem to fill up fast though.

Worst is, it has no switch, so I'v used it only with the engine off.

If it lasts, its not a bad buy, given the price.

Last edited by Raccoon : 26th December 2010 at 17:23.
Old 26th December 2010, 17:27   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post

Where did you buy this from? Seems like a better buy than Glowfast I purchased (shown in pics above).

Btw, I got a replacement from the eBay seller. The new one was delivered intact this time, thanks to DTDC. Earlier courier (Trackon) crushed it before delivering.

New one works the same - good enough for topping up air in car tyes. But I wouldn't recommend it for filling up from scratch - its too slow for that, will heat up fast, and may drain the battery. Bike tyres seem to fill up fast though.

Worst is, it has no switch, so I'v used it only with the engine off.

If it lasts, its not a bad buy, given the price.
i bought it from a local accessory store,and yes lots of people said,it looks better than the usual pumps.
It has got a switch.
Its mentioned in the manual,to not use it for more than 15 minutes continuously.
To prevent battery drainage,i make sure,the engine is running while i use the pump.
and yes its noisy as a normal one
Old 28th December 2010, 21:24   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I got it for 750 bucks.

So I got conned.. But I think the thing works so it is OK - no regrets !!

Cheers

Most Viewed