Distinguished - BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Also was looking at this:
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Hold...eywords=celbot

mainly for the long arm
Almost more of a snake than a mount!

Would you fix it to the windscreen? I've been wondering if suction mounts pull sunfilm off the glass.

Not that I have sunfilm, of course. Oh no. That would be illegal. Just asking for a friend
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 19:19   #287
Senior - BHPian

I have a fiat linea tjet and that "snake" would have been perfect to fix on the right quarter glass area near the windshield and bring the holding part to the center.

If spigen stealth is a no go, i would be getting that.

Already have a dash cam front and center so place to stick a suction type mobile holder is limited
Old 13th October 2015, 13:22   #288
Senior - BHPian

Got the spigen. Product looks good and feels like its good quality. But sadly could not find a place to fix it in my linea. So back it goes and getting either the celbot or a koomus cd tray mount.
Old 17th October 2015, 11:09   #289
BHPian

Ah..It was better looking but bad luck. In fact I was also thinking, as there are a lot of recesses on Amaze's dashboard. Good luck for the next one.
Old 10th November 2015, 18:02   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
I am using iOttie (link below) mobile car mount since last six months and it is holding the phone really well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._al_bw_g107_i2
Even I am using an iOttie mount for about a year. I use the Easy Flex 2 model - it comes with a smaller footprint. http://amzn.to/1PgO6tt I got it from ibhejo.com for ₹1536.

Amazing product. The mount stays rooted on the dashboard. The grip on the phone is a strong one, no amount of jerk or bump can unsettle its grip. It can be rotated on all axes and pointing the phone in a desired angle is easy. More importantly, the mount can hold that angle during ride and not move one bit!

Last edited by wishnipon : 10th November 2015 at 18:03.
Old 7th December 2015, 17:31   #291
BHPian

Friends,

Here is a picture of the Hyundai Elantra Fluidic Dashboard. The fluidic design means that none of the dashboard car holders will fit on this unless I sacrifice a significant portion of my windscreen view. I have researched long and hard but not able to find the right cell phone holder for my car. Some points I would like to avoid ...
1. Fixing holders on to the windscreen as I want a clear view of the road.
2. I don;t want the CD slot mounted ones as it will impede the sight of the CD/Radio screen plus it may come in the way of various buttons.
3. The AC vent mounted models seem only option but I cannot fix it on the central AC vent or the side AC vent on the drivers cabin as the steering comes in the way.
4. Also, I don't want to fix it anywhere on my right side as I am right handed and I am not comfortable removing my right hand off the steering at any time.

So, only option seem to be the central AC vent on the passengers side, but I need something which can rotate nicely to the drivers side after fixing. As you can see the passenger side vent is a bit angled towards the passenger side.

Any help or directions appreciated. Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-elantradashboard.jpg  

Last edited by sukhoi30 : 7th December 2015 at 17:33. Reason: Added another point.
Old 7th December 2015, 22:51   #292
BHPian

Cell Phone Holder

@Sukhoi30 How about something like this ?

http://www.amazon.in/QBZ-MOBIFIX-Mag.../dp/B00UN3IX8K

Last edited by PADAS : 7th December 2015 at 22:55.
Old 7th December 2015, 23:02   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Friends,

Any help or directions appreciated. Thanks!!!

Check out the Breffo Spiderpodium. It's the most versatile cellphone holder! It costs approx 3-3.5k on Amazon but there are WAY cheaper rip offs of the same product which must be able to do the same job.
There are videos on YouTube on how the Spiderpodium can be used in different ways. Have a look!
Old 7th December 2015, 23:50   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
@Sukhoi30 How about something like this ?

http://www.amazon.in/QBZ-MOBIFIX-Mag.../dp/B00UN3IX8K
Well, its compact no doubt but I don;t know how long will it hold. For bumpy rides, will these small magnets hold the phone. I have One Plus Two which is slightly on the heavier side. Besides I have had bad experience with these sticky type holders. After a few hours under "Indian Sun", their stickness is lost and they become useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Check out the Breffo Spiderpodium. It's the most versatile cellphone holder! It costs approx 3-3.5k on Amazon but there are WAY cheaper rip offs of the same product which must be able to do the same job.
There are videos on YouTube on how the Spiderpodium can be used in different ways. Have a look!
Thanks!! Seen this too but how or where do I place it? As I said, the driver side vents are useless. If I have to put in the passenger side vent, the phone should face the driver. I can't seem to figure if that can be done with this spider thingy. And even if I did, will it hold up on bumpy rides.
Old 8th December 2015, 00:03   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Bought this MGA branded mobile holder a few months back. I use a Galaxy S5 with Spigen covers which makes it pretty heavy. Normal suction and magnetic ones which we get at footpath stores never managed to hold my mobile while going through bad roads.

Tried this, and I must say, I am pretty satisfied. It costs Rs.399 and is widely available at all Maruti dealerships having MGA section. It can hold even a tablet easily.

Cellphone Holder-20151114_184140.jpg

Cellphone Holder-20151202_152758.jpg

Regards
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 00:25   #296
BHPian

Quote:
The fluidic design means that none of the dashboard car holders will fit on this unless I sacrifice a significant portion of my windscreen view.
Why can't you place a mount on the dashboard - in the centre? The central portion looks flat in the photo. If it is flat, or very gently curved, place the mount there. A mount placed on the dashboard hardly obstructs the view.

Last edited by wishnipon : 8th December 2015 at 00:29.
Old 8th December 2015, 00:56   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Here is a picture of the Hyundai Elantra Fluidic Dashboard. The fluidic design means that none of the dashboard car holders will fit on this unless I sacrifice a significant portion of my windscreen view.
I had same issues in civic and finally this is the mount I have been using for 1+1 as a dashcamera which does not block the view
http://www.amazon.in/Capdase-HR00-CC...b-00006b91238a
I have not mounted it as shown in images there but adjusted it in such a way that the phone is in landscape mode to the left of the IRVM.
Old 8th December 2015, 10:06   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Here is a picture of the Hyundai Elantra Fluidic Dashboard. The fluidic design means that none of the dashboard car holders will fit on this unless I
Try this:
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Hold...eywords=celbot

Long and flexible. fix the suction on the right corner of the windshield, bring the holder to the center. voila!
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 12:22   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Long and flexible. fix the suction on the right corner of the windshield, bring the holder to the center. voila!
This one looks good and it seems it can do the job. The reviews are also positive. Let me try and order. Thanks for the suggestion!!!
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 13:19   #300
Senior - BHPian

Anybody used a magnetic air vent cell phone holder? example below.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks