Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 15:17   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
...and I wish that you do not for a moment think that paying a 'premium price' gets you the best!
The others in this world are not fools!

Too many cases of premium pricing and zero delivery!

I think Steeroid, Ricky and Amit were lavish on their dream projects. We know what happened.
Old 27th April 2009, 15:37   #137
Senior - BHPian

Reading many of the "unsatisfied stories" - its quite clear that unlike taking your car to a A.S.S, when you are taking to a tuner, PLS DO A BIT OF HOMEWORK ON YOUR SIDE ALSO

Now - this does not mean that while going to an A.S.S - you NEED NOT BE AWARE OF WHATS HAPPENING ( if you are - it helps a lot , if not - its quite ok because what you are getting done is routine service )

it also DOES NOT MEAN, the people who got cheated knew nothing about what they were getting into. If you knew what you were trying to do and still got cheated - it just means, the tuner was at the outset just trying to rip you

but in all other cases, before deciding your "budget" and going to a tuner, do your homework also. there are so many resources, online/offline to learn the basics.

I think, going to an tuner and saying " I HAVE 2 LAKHS , I WANT 25BHP EXTRA" is like showing a goal post and asking ppl to come and shoot goals as they please
Old 27th April 2009, 15:48   #138
BHPian

Ok I guess that I put across slightly wrong.

I know of premium pricing and zero delivery, I know of some VFM pricing and good delivery and all that shines is not gold.

Lets just say that the good jobs I have seen around are not the cheapest ones. I am just saying money should not be a criteria for choosing a Tuner. Thats ofcourse a personal opinion.

Mod card? Never heard of it. Sometimes you are given an item wised price but these things never work out. Before the work an invoice? Never heard of it again. Always expect it to be more than that is agreed before hand.

His BUDGET was 50K not 1.5L even though he must have spent more. With 50K budget you should never get into FI unless its a DIY project with a junkyard parts. Especially if you dont know FI you should never get into it. A good NA build will be more than that. He should have stuck to NA mods and taken it step by step.

Its a good point about invoice, job card, signatures, terms and conditions but I hardly know it getting done anywhere. Hope to be proved wrong.
crazydiablo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2009, 16:26   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
He should have stuck to NA mods and taken it step by step.
Guess who was in the best position to tell him that? Instead of going forward with the FI job costing twice the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Its a good point about invoice, job card, signatures, terms and conditions
Pete's?

Last edited by Spitfire : 27th April 2009 at 16:28.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2009, 16:32   #140
BHPian

Tuner of course, there is no doubt about that.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:59   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Reading many of the "unsatisfied stories" - its quite clear that unlike taking your car to a A.S.S, when you are taking to a tuner, PLS DO A BIT OF HOMEWORK ON YOUR SIDE ALSO

Now - this does not mean that while going to an A.S.S - you NEED NOT BE AWARE OF WHATS HAPPENING ( if you are - it helps a lot , if not - its quite ok because what you are getting done is routine service )

it also DOES NOT MEAN, the people who got cheated knew nothing about what they were getting into. If you knew what you were trying to do and still got cheated - it just means, the tuner was at the outset just trying to rip you

but in all other cases, before deciding your "budget" and going to a tuner, do your homework also. there are so many resources, online/offline to learn the basics.

I think, going to an tuner and saying " I HAVE 2 LAKHS , I WANT 25BHP EXTRA" is like showing a goal post and asking ppl to come and shoot goals as they please

When I first went to get the Lancer Modded, I had a one point agenda - the car should be fast & reliable.

I was told that the mods being carried out (details in garage) would give me 120 BHP, I had no clue how that was to be achieved. Neither had I a reason to believe or disbelieve the same. Found out later from comments on the thread & in my garage that the 120 Bhp figure was hogwash. Arush always gave a very vague reply to the number part, but yes the car used to drive well - no doubting that.

I went to the point of getting a total re-build of my engine though it was running perfectly (used to give 14 kmpl), but then it had 1 lac + on the odo..

End of the day, I had no "real" understanding of how to get more power out of an engine. It went something like this :-
# FFE = 15 Bhp
# Conical Air Filter = 5 Bhp
# Iridium plugs & 9 mm wires = X Bhp
# Porting Polishing = 10 Bhp
# Throttle body enhancement = 10 Bhp...so on & so forth

Anyway - so I learnt it the very expensive & hard way

Arush had offered to refund the money for the port & polish job (which was never done) last week on the e34 thread. Have yet to get the refund !!

Cheers
Old 27th April 2009, 19:55   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Note I did not mention names. Ron was already on the way in and he did give me the feedback and drive in the car when he heard the knock as soon as he went past 3000 rpm. My apologies Ron if the post was misworded hope this clarifies.
Was just answering quicksilver's post. I was busy having fun with the mivec to note anything else. All i knew was ron took it on the track when he noticed some problem with it. No offences to anyone here.
Old 27th April 2009, 20:35   #143
BHPian

@spitfire bro i agree with what u saying but this was not documented
since the money was paid in cash and it was purely based on trust and that was a mistake.

@steer what i meant by miscommunication was we( me and keshav) never had any kind of conversation on the money part it was always a other ppl involved in it and I don’t have to name them here who ever has dealt with keshav know who it is and that’s the reason ( at least I think it is)for all the problems later.

@ricky bro I am sorry for all that you went through bro, you lucky at least you are offered some refund.
Old 27th April 2009, 20:55   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
@steer what i meant by miscommunication was we( me and keshav) never had any kind of conversation on the money part it was always a other ppl involved in it and I don’t have to name them here who ever has dealt with keshav know who it is and that’s the reason ( at least I think it is)for all the problems later.
Well why're you feeling shy? Name him if he's on the forum - nobody has issues with naming Psycho/Keshav, so why should the others be unnamed and mysterious? I can guess who it is but a guess is a guess - you dont need to feel so bashful, its your money thats gone down the drain.
Old 27th April 2009, 21:49   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@alias: It is also your mistake. Why do you have to deal with middlemen when Keshav was providing you the service? You were not dealing with a conglomerate to use the service of middle men and the money involved was big. Psycho has been stressing the need for setting expectations between the tuner and customer, not between the customer and middlemen.
Old 27th April 2009, 22:41   #146
Senior - BHPian

asif, this whole thread has been started to name people and get the truth out... After all that is what team bhp stands for.
If it is the truth no one will blame you for it...
Old 27th April 2009, 23:10   #147
Senior - BHPian

Its pretty shocking as well as expected of what is coming out on this thread.over all tuning scene in india seems more like a conning scene.

Alias do come out with the name.you've got nothing to loose.as it is you've lost a lot of your own hard earned money.it'll be a deterrent to other people too.
Old 27th April 2009, 23:59   #148
BHPian

@steer the only reason I didn’t name him is because I don’t want this thread to become another bashing each other thread.well now I have and I am sure sir that you knew who it was.

@patiencewins the issue here was keshav never told me anything I actually never paid him the money directly it was this agent who took it from me.

@amit sir I understand that and that’s the reason I finally opened up again
And I am kind a surprised this time that my posts are not being deleted like the last time
And thread being locked when I tried questioning the quality of the build.
And it was a very brave move of yours and starting this thread gave me a lot of inspiration to pen down my experience again.

@navpreet well why not any ways I don’t have anything to lose here I lost my ride to that mod job
So here goes nothing it was v1p3r from the form, ask anyone how knows keshav /psycho
The guy acts like public relation officer for sag ,though I don’t blamehim for all that happened ,it wasn’t his fault actually it was mine I should have taken control over the situation and spoken to keshav directly.
Old 28th April 2009, 00:21   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Guys, does my experience of modding my gypsy allow me to post here OR having done a FFE/Headers/Turbo job is mandatory to post in this thread??
King Khan, all posts of yours that I have read have been mature and helpful. I am sure all your posts regarding your experiences in Modifying will be the same. I dont see any harm at all if you post. Why did you feel the need to ask?

P.S. The process you used to build the "Spider-Monkey" (I have taken to calling you Gypsy that given it fantastic capabilities) was sensible and well planned. I am sure your inputs will be greatly appreciated by all.
Old 28th April 2009, 00:24   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@patiencewins the issue here was keshav never told me anything I actually never paid him the money directly it was this agent who took it from me.

I should have taken control over the situation and spoken to keshav directly.
Gives a whole new meaning to the term "Pimp My Ride", doesn't it? No offense meant - mine got pimped too.

Last edited by Steeroid : 28th April 2009 at 00:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks