Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 12:01   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renamo View Post
The lancer which blew up up coimbi, does it belong to Vikram? if NOT, pls let the real owner speak up if he cares to. Putting the blame on the owner of the car, without him being here to explain his side is real cheap way to take sides. Now, Mclaren story was posted. was an enlightening read.
I find it quite interesting when people find it quite convenient to point out stories heard in here say without being there themselves and then come forward and question a person who was there in flesh and blood. Now how can one call it taking sides.

All I can say here is Vikram please stop posting any of your views to anything done by me may be that would keep people happy.

By the way the car in question was driven by another well known tuner when it knocked badly while being driven on track and I heard the knocks when the car went by and flagged them in immediately, on opening the plugs I did find a set of 6 rating plugs put in and the ceramic had cracked on two of them. Also realized they were not the plugs put in by me on the car as the car was driven in from Bangalore to Coimbatore for testing before delivery. On checking with the owner we did get to know a parts dealer in Coimbatore had sold him the plugs saying it would improve the performance even further. These were then replaced on the track and he was not allowed to drive till the complete check was done just in case.

By the way the car was further improved and later on the turbo removed for the lack of proper support in Coimbatore for servicing and maintaining the car, he drives it NA form now and he still is in touch with me.

As for the McLaren story I will never open my mouth as I felt earlier and feel now that the opinion was made and no one was bothered to look at the other side, this is what makes me dislike the virtual world where anonymity is taken for granted and an all out on someone is considered fair.

I have and always say a meaningful discussion face to face can help solve a problem on hand rather than create a one time impression that could possibly be wrong. Am glad to have friends like Amit who have had a bad experience but have stood up to discuss it openly and come to a fair solution for a problem.

Yes this thread is meant to share experiences that are your own hence wouldn't it be better not to take sides and start posting other's experiences and defending them yourselves. Would reccomend that the owners who have seen the dark side (oh God not again!) come forward and post their experiences. This will help cut down on the flameouts that tend to happen.

Let this thread be a learning experience and not a free emotional one for all, we all know how to empathize but it is a lot more mature to help guide else keep quiet if you do not have the right solution for the problem.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:30   #107
BHPian

This definitely shows that people dont know how to take care of a modded car. Maybe someone should write an article on that I guess, i also have a few pointers there.

On a tuned motor, u run the wrong plugs, wrong fuel, bad fuel, its all bye bye engine. No one in their right mind should install fancy plugs of the wrong HEAT range on a turbo motor.

Some of the builds going wrong can be equally be blamed on the customer. As important its to choose a tuner, its important to choose a customer. Customer should be aware that anything thats done to the car needs to be discussed with the tuner.

Just noticed that signature of your, how true.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:48   #108
Senior - BHPian

I do agree with psycho and its is lot better for people who have been there done that to post their experiances, however i belive like others on this "Forum" That "Everybody is entitled...... to an opinion !!"
Old 24th April 2009, 13:53   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
I request people who have been affected or had an experience to post. Others kindly excuse, A lot of hearsay goes on and this thread is to avoid it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I do agree with psycho and its is lot better for people who have been there done that to post their experiances, however i belive like others on this "Forum" That "Everybody is entitled...... to an opinion !!"
I agree that everybody is entitled to an opinion, but the objective of this thread was to let owners & tuners talk about their experiences. Not for others to post their opinions.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:19   #110
BHPian

Vikram_D: The owner of that car is a friend and presently not in india and hence he has not replied to this. Phycho: he drives it NA form now and he still is in touch with me. ???? wow. talk about communication gap !!!!! I admire Phycho, for what he is, and I can't agree more with his own signature.
renamo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2009, 15:02   #111
Senior - BHPian

Does my experience with my e-zen qualify for this thread? It was a happy experience through and through though. And now that i look back on those times, i remember Keshav was always there whenever i took the car to the garage. Even for a regular services.

It did not start off as me just reading up on some forum and landing up at the garage to get my carb zen converted to e zen. First there was tinkering with the advance timing, then there was a camshaft change, and then came the esteem engine. There was enough time between all those changes for the tuner to know my driving style and for me to know his and the garage's working style. I started going to the garage more frequently, even for regular services. I guess that gave enough time for people at the garage to get familiar with the car as well.

At times i felt that people at the garage cared more for the car than i did!! When the work on the car was done, the importance of providing feedback about the car to the garage was emphasised quite strongly. It was a bit overwhelming for me because i didnt know jack about cars and stuff (i still dont). The only feedback i could give was that the car really moves when i hit A and really really stops when i hit B! And thats how it remained for the rest of its life.

And when the time came to get some work done on the OHC, i didn't think twice before going to SAG again (although a lot of water had flown by then under others' bridges). Its been more than a year and i am happily running with 4x2x1 headers, KnN etc etc. For regular service i've been going to Dakshin Honda though, primarily because they can hook the car up to their diagnostic equipment in case anything is wrong (like when the o2 sensor had conked off)

So, from my little experience, i would say understanding between the modder and the moddee (modded??) is as important as the modifier's knowledge and experience.

Thats my two paisa worth of truth.
Old 24th April 2009, 17:18   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
By the way the car in question was driven by another well known tuner when it knocked badly while being driven on track and I heard the knocks when the car went by and flagged them in immediately
Keshav, just out of curiosity, can you tell us who this other tuner was? I was on the track that day and there were some other enthusiasts, but trying to clear up my memories.

My dealing with tuners can be termed as a mixed bag. I will have to find some time first to pen that long story down...
Old 24th April 2009, 17:46   #113
BHPian

It was Ron Chinoy of RD Dreams who was driving the cedia on the track.
Harrie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2009, 20:43   #114
BHPian

why drag other guys name into the turbo cedia fiasco? who happened to be there, and was checking out the car because of the hype. Sad..
renamo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2009, 21:22   #115
Senior - BHPian

Psycho the way you are talking isnt justified. Please dont turn this into a mudslinging war. Us as customers have a right to opinion regarding this. If you have to respond then respond in a dignified way like Arush did. When its anything to do with money everyone has a right to know. In the end its just we had a bad experence and arnt happy after spending the money. Whatever happened is always another story.

There is so much that can come out of this thread, we should honestly post about experences regarding bikes as well. I am sure me Manson, Straight6 Net chef and a lot of others will have a lot to share.
Old 24th April 2009, 22:06   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
There is so much that can come out of this thread, we should honestly post about experences regarding bikes as well. I am sure me Manson, Straight6 Net chef and a lot of others will have a lot to share.

you took the words right out of my mouth.

by the way are you talking bout bike dealers or mechanics ?

rev
Old 24th April 2009, 22:08   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
It was Ron Chinoy of RD Dreams who was driving the cedia on the track.
Note I did not mention names. Ron was already on the way in and he did give me the feedback and drive in the car when he heard the knock as soon as he went past 3000 rpm. My apologies Ron if the post was misworded hope this clarifies.

@ quickdraw : I have no intentions of holding anyone back from posting here please feel free to post your own experience. Just don't do so on someone elses behalf is all I have requested. As for the opinions hasn't Iceman mentioned we are all free to learn and decide based on the posts that are made. As for opinions it is fine but it is just heresay that causes problems.

my apologies again for the shortened post earlier that caused grief Ron for absolutely no fault of yours except of my request to you to drive the car.

PS: I will hereby stop posting here on the thread if you all feel that I am holding anyone back.

Last edited by Psycho : 24th April 2009 at 22:24.
Old 24th April 2009, 22:27   #118
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
THIS IS A PUBLIC fORUM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
I find it quite interesting when people find it quite convenient to point out stories heard in here say without being there themselves and then come forward and question a person who was there in flesh and blood. Now how can one call it taking sides.

Let this thread be a learning experience and not a free emotional one for all, we all know how to empathize but it is a lot more mature to help guide else keep quiet if you do not have the right solution for the problem.
Ok, been following this thread for quite sometime now AND been quietly reading but, the above statement is really not justified.
Mind if I ask you Psycho who gave you the right to tell who should be posting in this thread and who shouldn't? Isn't that the job of the moderators if a wrong post is made? As a person who is going to put forward money for some some work to be done or even a mere enthusiast who just wants to know more, everyone has, can and should post if they have a query. If you have a convincing answer which you must be having since all the questions always end up pointing at you and you always end up being at that very place, then I don't think you should have any problem in answering, and if you do have a problem, then why blame it on the one with the question? If anything you are the one who seems to be not acting in a mature manner.

(seriously pissed by this statement of yours)

bharti22shresth
Old 24th April 2009, 23:06   #119
Senior - BHPian

Here is piece of advice. many will not agree but it will work best.
1. tune it yourself
2. go to a person who had very low failure rate, tried and tested one. They will be expensive, but if it wouldn't you would be getting it from factory in stock form in the first place.

Who shouldn't go for mods.
1. People who thinks engine oil and grease are dirty.
2. Who thinks turbo chargers and super chargers are some form of super mobile charger.
3. who wants to do 0-100 under 5 seconds in a HVAC environment.
4. One who have never hold a spanner in his life. etc etc etc.

In short, one who does not know a thing about cars and its operation should stay off from performance tuning.

ABove does not necessarily apply to ICE and ofcourse to Schumacher or Loeb.

I guess mastercard ad. applies best here. 'There are something money can't buy'. Spending money is another thing but you should know your stuff in the first place.
Old 25th April 2009, 01:10   #120
Senior - BHPian

here we go again...
Guys read the first post and the reason for the thread.
No point in going off on tangent here
iceman91 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks