Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 23:18   #196
Senior - BHPian

GTO,

Thanks for clarifying. Viper, going by the last post please do share your thoughts on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
to that or be just plain simple Lucky like me to have a Kick@$$ tuner, who would do all that by himself

Shrey
Who is this wonderful tuner, please enlighten us. at least PM me.
Old 29th April 2009, 23:25   #197
BANNED

he means the folks at RaceDynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
GTO,

Thanks for clarifying. Viper, going by the last post please do share your thoughts on this thread.

Who is this wonderful tuner, please enlighten us. at least PM me.
blacmagic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2009, 23:30   #198
BHPian

Thanks for clarifying Venkat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
Old 30th April 2009, 00:54   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Thanks for clarifying Venkat!!
So thats only for the RD ECU. I thought you were referring to a Tuner Tuner, if you know what I mean. like

AR / KS / Electra ?
No one has any reviews of these folks?
Old 30th April 2009, 01:06   #200
BANNED

negative IronWolf, besides its famous ECU, RD is also the workplace of a certain ageing gentleman named Sanjay and his right hand mech Tabrez.

problem with him is that he is too content with his life and family and hence does not go about seeking publicity. if you go to him and manage to get him off his butt though, you WILL be gobsmacked.

Shrey should know better than me because I have not been associated with Sanju as long as he has. in the limited time I have been with him though, I am in awe.
the only real grouse that I HAD about him was the speed [or lack thereof] of work. but I realized later that I was being too impatient. if you dont want everything done yesterday and love your car enough to be patient about the time it takes, go see him. but be warned, you will need a LOT of patience.

EDIT: I forgot to add, why doesnt an ECU expert qualify as a tuner? Karthik is nothing short of magical himself.
the best part about these guys is that they are always around to listen when you need to talk. always.

Last edited by blacmagic : 30th April 2009 at 01:18.
Old 30th April 2009, 02:37   #201
Senior - BHPian

No Offence to Karthik, RD and team. however I thought RaceDynamics only does the ECU bit and the whole discussion here on tuners was beyond just piggy back ECU setups.

Anyway, Something learnt today. Note to self: 'Sanjay & Tabrez?'
Old 30th April 2009, 03:00   #202
BANNED

no offense taken. was just thinking out loud and probably being a little anal; so dont take this too seriously.
if Im not wrong, 'tuning' is an abbreviation of 'fine tuning', which is exactly what guys like Karthik do. while mechs tune with spanners, ECU folks do it with laptops. afterall, the most kickass turbo setup would be useless without the right ECU map, wouldnt it?
also IronWolf, piggyback is just one of many roles the RD ECU plays. mostly meant for those who wish to be conservative. it can be taken to extremes as I plan to do later. at its best and equipped with an ideal map, you can run your car completely on an RD ECU. the stock ECU is simply retained as a failsafe.
Old 30th April 2009, 03:58   #203
Senior - BHPian

Sanjay is among the best in India today. But if you meet him, you'd be surprised at how down to earth he is. He has years of experience in both aftermarket and OEM sides, and has learnt from one of Indian motorsport's legends.
Old 30th April 2009, 04:07   #204
BHPian

My E-Zen was built by Sanjay and my experience with him is/was always good. My car was built almost an year ago and till date I have no problems with the car at all. Because of him, I drive a modded car which is reliable and my daily drive. I can write a lot of good things about him since his advice always saved me from spending a lot of money on useless mods. I am very happy and would rate him THE BEST
adi99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2009, 08:48   #205
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
GTO,

We do not entertain public discussions on infractions & bans. The matter has ended.

Quote:
EDIT: I forgot to add, why doesnt an ECU expert qualify as a tuner? Karthik is nothing short of magical himself.
In my books, an ECU expert is an ECU tuner. And the substantial role that electronics play in todays cars, I don't see why Karthik should not be included. In fact, an ECU remap alone can give you pretty respectable performance gains.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2009, 09:48   #206
BANNED

what I dont get is how come he has never been mentioned on the forum till now - at least not in the many discussions I have read.
it is doubly surprising when combined with the fact that he is DA MAN behind India's fastest NA VTEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Sanjay is among the best in India today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
I am very happy and would rate him THE BEST
Old 30th April 2009, 11:58   #207
BHPian

I thought it was well known that both of them together formed a tuning team. Karthik handles the electronics and Sanjay handles the mechanical side of tuning.
crazydiablo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2009, 12:37   #208
BHPian

Yeah very true, please refer to page 6 post 85, I have also clearly mentioned. The Dynamic Duo... I have always reiterated that according to me Sanju is the best one can get when it comes to mechanicals and Karthik when it comes to electricals!! To build a fast car with super reliability is their forte'.

The reason why he keeps low is because he lets his work speak for himself, I don't think there is any tuner in Bangalore or as a matter of fact any tuner today on the drag /rally scene in INDIA who does not know who Sanjay is. The man has his work backing him up and that is the reason why he is respected highly amongst tuners even though people like us would have never even heard of him.

At this point, I would like to quote something that Sanjay keeps saying " when the lights go on, the bull$hit stops"

About Karthik, what should I say, 2008 b'bay speedrun, 13 podium finishers using Karthiks ecu, National Rally champions running his ecu.. all this speaks for itself.

Some people say, well! Karthik just tunes ECU's so he does not qualify to be a tuner! My question to them is! In todays mordern era, where carburettors are a thing of the past, can you think of being competitive just with the help of your mechanicals? You get yourself the best cam, the best this the best that and plonk it onto your car and do you think your car will be fast!! I gues it might not even move if the fuelling and the timing not set proper!

This is where Karthik plays such an important role and IMO both a mechanical and the ecu tuner are the two sides of the same coin.

Having such an explosive combo on my side is exactly why I proudly mention Sanjay and Karthik as the dynamic duo and keep yapping as to how lucky I am to have met them.

I would once again like to say, I have truly been lucky to have met people like Karthik and Sanjay, with over so many pages of people talking about their expereinces (generally bad), I am feeling blessed.

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
I thought it was well known that both of them together formed a tuning team. Karthik handles the electronics and Sanjay handles the mechanical side of tuning.
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2009, 21:54   #209
Senior - BHPian

Alright i've read a lot of info about racedynamics in the above posts by our bangy friends but can we now have some real world reviews from you guys.we have supposedly more than 25 users on tbhp itself of the ECu so we should by now have had a proper review.

post up people.and don't tell me you mumbai guys haven't had work done by KS,AR motorsport.

Also someone please post about Electra performance.I know they're good by the small exposure i've had with them in the form of a future customer which never culminated.but i'd like to see proper reviews here about them too.

^ also ssjr0498 i suppose you're using an RD ECU too.so post up the review please.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 30th April 2009 at 21:58.
Old 30th April 2009, 22:18   #210
Senior - BHPian

+1 ,Sanjay is my automobile guide, i make sure i consult him before i do anything with the my car. best part he doesnt mind giving advice no matter how many times i call/bug him..

Kudos to you Sanjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Sanjay is among the best in India today. But if you meet him, you'd be surprised at how down to earth he is. He has years of experience in both aftermarket and OEM sides, and has learnt from one of Indian motorsport's legends.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks