Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 22:15   #76
Senior - BHPian

of course, krishna took me to him. Stephen was the one who helped me recently with my baleno too.
Old 21st April 2009, 22:19   #77
Senior - BHPian

Well a great thread here Iceman.

But as said above don't expect miracle posts here.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 21st April 2009 at 22:28.
Old 21st April 2009, 22:32   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Unfortunately he is now busy with his water service station and stuff, that he spends very lil time there. But he used to tune my esteem engine and guaranties power+mileage and i can vouch that he delivers what he promise. Dont expect him to do miracles with ECU cars coz he doesnt have any high tech gadget, but if you want on the fly mechanical job he is really good. ie if you catch him and he agrees to work on your car.
@iceman: i personally dont think you can expect miracle posts here!

I think this is the place where I take my car for water service, adjacent to Ulsoor lake, on the left side when coming from Gurudwara side. I have seen the owner repairing cars, especially balenos. I met Mohith there.

@Mohith, Is it the same place?
Old 21st April 2009, 22:41   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I think this is the place where I take my car for water service, adjacent to Ulsoor lake, on the left side when coming from Gurudwara side. I have seen the owner repairing cars, especially balenos. I met Mohith there.

@Mohith, Is it the same place?
LOL its the same place, Stephen indeed is famous. His garage though is on the road in front of Solar.
Old 21st April 2009, 22:43   #80
Senior - BHPian

now he has completely separated from that one jaggu, does all work at service station.
Old 21st April 2009, 22:48   #81
BHPian

Yeah its the same place, I also go to Stephen for mechanical work. He is very good with mechanical work and others which he is not good he tells upfront its better to go to MASS.

Yes he has separated from the garage and does all the work at the service station.
Old 21st April 2009, 23:25   #82
BHPian

Lovely thread!

A few points i have understood in the tuning scene till now:

1. It is ALWAYS better to be part of an internet vehicle-make-&-model-specfic forum, BEFORE deciding to go to a tuner for ANY performance related job. That way at least one knows where one is heading from other people's experiences.

2. One must tell the tuner what is expected & one MUST be assertive in ones demands & requirments from the whole process, unless the tuner gives a valid reason why something should/should-not be done.

3. Google is a wonderful tool to further ones learning in the vehicle-tuning scene.

4. One must ALWAYS take horsepower claims with a TON of salt. Horsepower figures in Europe/U.S. WILL NOT be reproducable here except perhaps in punjab/kashmir in winter!

5. Horsepower & kmpl are VERY contradictory.
Old 21st April 2009, 23:28   #83
BHPian

Fantastic Thread Amit, this really bridges the gap from virtual world to real world, something like a slum dog millionaire of Indian tuning scene. I have Plenty of past experienced stored in my mind backed up safely, Today when i look back 3-4 years down the line make me feel how people used to take advantage of someone who is new & doesn't have much knowledge on tuning scene.
I am sure if i pen down my experience it will go in to pages & will rip the pants off most famous so called tuners in Mumbai. i think i will do that by this week end in my free time, bit tied up with some work pressure & not getting time to fit my new suspension which is ready from past 2 days.
Old 21st April 2009, 23:35   #84
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to your experiences Jitu. This being exactly the idea of the thread.
Old 22nd April 2009, 01:21   #85
BHPian

In context to what Jitu bhai has said (in italics below) I would also like to share my experience.

I have been lucky in this aspect to have met people like Sanjay+Karthik (Racedynamics duo, much before Racedynamics was conceived) and Tabrez my (in house spoon+jun+amuse+mugen combined) mech.

When I came to Bangalore from the states and landed onto this modding scene, I considered honda's to be a budget car that every family would own to do there groceries... Although my daily drive was a W8 Passat but had rented an Accord, Civic and Odyssey all equipped with Vtec! Many a times. I did not even know what a "Vtec" was, didnt know quite of lot of things.. But today thanks to these guys who cared to explain and quenched my quriosity at every step I have learnt quite a lot of things. Today I swear by Honda and this time when I go to the states would look no further than a Honda!!

Now that I am in a position to understand somewhat, the nitty gritties of modifying and look back the time I spent. I realise,these people were honest about every single nut that they ever replaced on my car, ( Although it would have been a cakewalk for them to take me on a Joy ride) crystal!! in what would be the outcome of the work they did and patient enough to handle all my tantrums..

Just a word for you guys incase you read it!! I know deep within what a state the car was in... Had it not been for you guys I would not have had the sheer pleasure of having a vtec!!!!

I have seen (with my eyes open) and heard (with my own ears) of many other tuners doing unethical things!! But I thank my stars to have met these guys who have been there with me for me anytime and hopefully everytime....

Cheers
Shrey

" Today when i look back 3-4 years down the line make me feel how people used to take advantage of someone who is new & doesn't have much knowledge on tuning scene."

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 22nd April 2009 at 01:24.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:52   #86
Senior - BHPian

Well looking forward to Jitu's experiences.It'll really be an eye opener.Because he has the knowledge and has actually done what other tuners only claim of.
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:07   #87
BHPian

I have heard a lot of Jitu's experiences. Since I have not heard it from the horses mouth, I was skeptical about what I heard. Looking forward to reading an eye opener.

Someone should make this a sticky in the Modifications section. After we have had some fruitful discussion it would be great if the mods could take the essence of this thread and create a review of the sort.
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:48   #88
Senior - BHPian

Also I guess people do not talk about bad 'tunig' jobs would be out of embarassment. I mean..look at him he tried to make his car faster, but has ended up way slower.

I guess that will have a big role to play in this. In mumba words 'Ded Shana ban ne gaya aur popat ho gaya'

Cheers,
AC
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:56   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post

'Ded Shana ban ne gaya aur popat ho gaya'

Cheers,
AC

Very Funny but Very Very Very True.

Mohit, Thats the idea, It should be a non biased view and report of the tuning scene in India
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:27   #90
BHPian

The wise choice in this case was deciding to move to a stock motor.

Phew... Iceman, this is a good start to bring awareness on biased/blind or may be both

may be you should add pointers in choosing the right place, like
Taking feedback from car owners who got work done by the individual tuner rather than going to a cofeeday/bar with tuners sidekicks (and falling for their slick talk)who does not have personnel experience in owning such cars made by the same tuner.

now, I hope Mclaren and the Poor chap whose Lancer which blew up on the track in Coimbi will also add their experiences to this.

Last edited by renamo : 22nd April 2009 at 17:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks