Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2009, 01:12   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post

you took the words right out of my mouth.
by the way are you talking bout bike dealers or mechanics ?
Both actually, why should you leave one out. Infact the bikes world the mechanic is the dealer and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Note I did not mention names. Ron was already on the way in and he did give me the feedback and drive in the car when he heard the knock as soon as he went past 3000 rpm. My apologies Ron if the post was misworded hope this clarifies.

@ quickdraw : I have no intentions of holding anyone back from posting here please feel free to post your own experience. Just don't do so on someone elses behalf is all I have requested. As for the opinions hasn't Iceman mentioned we are all free to learn and decide based on the posts that are made. As for opinions it is fine but it is just heresay that causes problems.

my apologies again for the shortened post earlier that caused grief Ron for absolutely no fault of yours except of my request to you to drive the car.

PS: I will hereby stop posting here on the thread if you all feel that I am holding anyone back.
Its not about holding anyone back, that you cant as its a public place. But sadly because of the online & offline connection of this world I am sure many people would be reluctant to post their experences. Because of many reasons the worse of them being lack of options. Too bad its the truth here but we all live by it. I've seen people talking smack offline in many cases and not just here on t-bhp but when it comes to putting their word out there and letting it be known its them they dont seem to have the same zing in their tongue.

I have no personal vendetta against you, I and nobody here does appereciate if you try to blame someone. Worst part it the customer and "tuner" share a special bond and countless sleepless nights, loads of late night chai's together but when the outcome is like this it leaves a lot of bitter taste in their mouth (including you as well) so I think the best and honest thing to do is instead of trying to show dignified silence you should own up that things did go haywire for a lot many reasons and try and take it forward. A car or any x amount of money isnt worth losing friendship for. And as far as I could read between the lines the other thread by McLaren I feel he felt more worse about you deserting him then actually the amount of money lost.

And please you should be more worried about McLaren the Roy Chinoy blaming you over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Here is piece of advice. many will not agree but it will work best.
1. tune it yourself
2. go to a person who had very low failure rate, tried and tested one. They will be expensive, but if it wouldn't you would be getting it from factory in stock fo...........(truncted)
I guess mastercard ad. applies best here. 'There are something money can't buy'. Spending money is another thing but you should know your stuff in the first place.
I dont agree, you should infact say that one should use their better judgement. There is nothing wrong with expecting more performance from your car but you should be well versed about what you're getting yourself into. Its not always about money and its not always about want either I am quite sure you will agree. I am not that much into modding let me mention that but I feel if someone is he just know the short falls and ask around. Thats what forums like this exist dont they? I know zilch about Engines or cars for that matter (other then driving them) so I share knowledge about what I know of and try and get some in return.

I might be handing out oodles of gyaan here and I am not trying to personally offend anyone (I have not met a single person who I am reffering to out here) but trying to say in the goodwill of all. I have seen many a friendships lost because of such things and I really feel its not the way to go about it. It might be very easy for me to say the right thing now and tommorow if I find myself in the same situation it would be hard for me to act. But I will honestly try till the end to revive something before letting it wither away and die and will definately let people know if I had a foul experence.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2009, 01:19   #122
Senior - BHPian

yes quickdraw I agree.

Exactly my point. Also this thread is about "experiences" not why on should or shouldn't mod his/her car/bike. so opinions whether to do or no... start another thread.
Here, come read understand what could/could not happen. That's it.

Cheers
Old 25th April 2009, 02:18   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Both actually, why should you leave one out. Infact the bikes world the mechanic is the dealer and vice versa.
thats exactly why i asked.because i really am interested in hearing your experiences with bike dealers because im probably going to take the plunge soon.

rev
Old 25th April 2009, 18:42   #124
BHPian

The bike world needs a separate thread because theres enought to justify a complete thread dedicated to it.
Old 26th April 2009, 01:39   #125
Senior - BHPian

I totally agree with crazy diable. And let me say this out loud have not met a single person who deals in these things and can be said is a man of high character, there are so many things happening in the Bike world it needs another thread for sure.
Old 26th April 2009, 11:37   #126
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys ,It was ages since i had a posting in our team ,any ways i hope this thread is a good discussion stage.I would like to make my point here.as already said the A.S.S are expected to be more perfect in the work than a tuner ,but thats because every thing a A.S.S is expected to do is documented and the customer is aware of the effects of the work before hand-whether good or bad.But in case of a tunning job it would rather be the first time the customer tries it out and he would be going on on the basis of hearsay rather than a first hand expierience.And as luck would have it no documentations and no does and donts.so ,whatever be the result we are left with what we have.No way that we can question as the job would obviously be one which is never recomended by any manufacturer and there is no consumer court or any body who could be supporting us on our ignorance whether knowingly or un knowingly done.
cheers
ram
Old 26th April 2009, 19:17   #127
BHPian

my mod adventures

Well mine went like this…
I owned a 05 baleno black for a year and had no engine mods at all
The car was awesome with little or no issues at all.
And then one fine day I landed at sag with an intention of getting headers for my car the budget was 50k.
I spoke to keshav but at that time he was busy with speed run.
When he came back I was in touch with him for the mod job the options given by him in budget were port & polish and headers etc … but things changed and so did my mind when one fine evening I met keshav and got a ride in his awesome turbo esteem( man I love that car not only the engine part of it but for some reason that car looks hot) and I new that I wanted some thing like this.
Though my budget was only 50k I had this in my mind that its gonna cost a little more than that.
We (me,keshav & akshay) had a couple of meetings and finally I decided officially that I wanted fi in my car, I got a quote of 1st 80-90k with used parts I agreed though keshav initially said it will cost close to a lakh but after negotiating a bit he agreed for 90k.
Left the car at the garage and I made an initial payment of 30k after a couple of weeks I was asked to make the rest of the payment, since I was low on cash and I was getting this job done without my family’s knowledge I paid another 55k in installments.
Finally after 2 months I was told that the job costs 1.25lakhs and I need to pay the rest of the cash and then take the car.i spoke to keshav and got the car against a cheque of the rest of the money.
However the 2nd day after the delivery the pipe connecting the turbo busts.
I took it back to the garage and within a few mins it was replaced . well a simple pipe busting was not a major issue but I wasn’t expecting it.
Since I was new with this turbo and all I didn’t find many issues with the car because I didn’t know if they were issues, so I continued with it and then the time to pay up came.
I was called and asked to pay to which I said I will in couple of days, but in the mean while I met with a couple of friends some tbhpians and a few who may not be t bhpians but they know what they talking bout since they have been there done that and told me that this job should not have costed me more than 75% of what I was asked for(which again put my mind into a different track) I felt I was taken for ride just cause of my lack of knowledge in this tuning business.
A close friend who is also a journalist with a well know auto magazine inspected the car and drove it
And confirmed some issues with it.
-the fueling was not correct as soon as the car reached 5psi of boost it gasped as if there is no fuel left.
-there was oil leaking from the turbo or may be somewhere close to the turbo which I also noticed later.
-and then the pipe kept on busting all the time (this according to my friend was casue of low quality pipes used .
And this was the time when I was about to become a father and I had no time to give to my car.
I kept avoiding them for payment for 2 weeks straight.
I was harassed, threatened but I kept my stand.
One fine day since cause of lack time and other things to think about
I decided there is no point putting more maoey into it asked them to take out parts worth 30k that I had owed them.
Left the car at the garage and after a day or 2 picked it up.
Now here is the best part from the communication that I had, I was told the parts worth 30k would be taken and rest would be handed to anther bhpian.
After a while when I contacted him for the parts worth 85k that I had pay’d for,
I got a turbo which I enquired and found was worth only 8-10k used.
A bov worth 5-8k new and a pipe.
On seeing ti I was disgusted and felt cheated.
I promised my self on that day that I will never ever get any kind of mod job done on any car for the rest of my life.
Most people would wonder why I bought this up now after life an year or so.
Well 1st of all I tried to communicate this in my thread but it was closed,
Since no body wanted to hear me out.
2nd since amit has bought this up I wanted to share what I went through with my mod job adventures.
And I do agree that It was my mistake to have directly communicated with keshav and got every thing sorted out, I didn’t the reason being I did not trust him any longer since it was confirmed that the parts were of lowered quality then promised.
Well one more thing before any body asks
The parts installed in the car were as follows
Greedy piggy back-used (10k according to keshav)
Replica bov-new (8k according to what I was told)
2 meters boost and oil-new (2k each according to keshav)
Turbo-8-10k or may be less-used (was available is shivaji nagar gujri when I had enquired a few months ago)
Pipes and labor-maximum 10k as per my knowledge but can go up may be.
Intercooler –used 25k according to keshav
Apart from this knn filter, spark plug where given by me at the beginning of the project.
and could be some other parts I may not remember but I think that’s all.
The most important part of the story is I am not blaming keshav for cheating me or any thing
Cause from where I see it he didn’t. It was all cause of miscommunication,
There were like a lot of unwanted people trying to act as agents(middle man) trying to make a quick buck and that’s the reason it all got messed up.
Keshav never gave me the correct figure of whats supposed to be paid or what parts are gonna be installed.

p.s please forgive me if I have offended any one by this post specially keshav I still believe that you are one of the best tunners in blore, its just that it didn’t go the way i should have with me.
And I am really thankful to binoy and tarul for the support you guys extended to me before during and after this project.
And I typed this at office so please excuse my punctuation .

Last edited by alias : 26th April 2009 at 19:19.
alias is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2009, 14:37   #128
BANNED

Wow Alias. That is something. And there i was yesterday, fighting with a toy store for replacing a faulty rs 10 motor on my kids battery operated car.

Is there a document created that this is what i want and this is what will be delivered. If all the check marks do not add up to the money paid, haul the guy to court or publicise the bad.

Miscommunication has a whole new meaning for me now. If it works its good if not it is miscommuniccation.

Last edited by Spitfire : 27th April 2009 at 14:39.
Old 27th April 2009, 14:50   #129
BHPian

There is no document, this is no IT project that is delivered! What check points, what legal document, what court?

There are not free lunches in the world. The guy who gets conned most is the guy looking around for the cheapest deal. Do not EVER settle a project just based on how cheap the deal is. Either you know what you are getting or you do research who is the best in business and go to him.

I would pay a premium, I know what I am getting is amongst the best in business.
Old 27th April 2009, 14:53   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
I would pay a premium, I know what I am getting is amongst the best in business.
...and I wish that you do not for a moment think that paying a 'premium price' gets you the best!
The others in this world are not fools!

Too many cases of premium pricing and zero delivery!
Old 27th April 2009, 14:59   #131
BANNED

Dosent have to be IT to have a document.

Lets call it Mod Card instead of Job Card. Or is it asking for too much?

Cheapest Deal Seeker == Jackass to be cheated? Who's in the wrong here. The mod garage can always turn him away instead of putting his reputation and the guy's money at stake.

1.5 lakhs is a good amount i think. Sorry if it is not, i have 2 Mahindra's and with that money i can build another

But yeah if you are a novice, just dont get into it.

I think the people most likely to be cheated are not the ones looking for the cheapest deal but the one's assumed to be well.. not very knowledgeable about what goes into tuning. For them fancy coloured wires and gold coloured turbo is satisfying enough.
Old 27th April 2009, 15:03   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, does my experience of modding my gypsy allow me to post here OR having done a FFE/Headers/Turbo job is mandatory to post in this thread??
Old 27th April 2009, 15:07   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Guys, does my experience of modding my gypsy allow me to post here OR having done a FFE/Headers/Turbo job is mandatory to post in this thread??
LOL. A moderator asking if he can post! Now i've seen it all

So far, the only criteria for posting here seems to be knowing how to type using a computer....
Old 27th April 2009, 15:10   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
There is no document, this is no IT project that is delivered! What check points, what legal document, what court?
But cannot we have some basic things like estimate with terms and conditions and invoice so that basic expectations are not violated on the pretext of miscommunication. I fail to undestand the role of miscommunication here.

I understand that modding is not same as getting the car repaired in a service center. But if a car is failing repeatedly or terms are violeted after completing a set of repairs in an authorized service center (where there is a job card and invoice), can the service centre blame it on miscommunication and remain unaccountable?

If an authorized service center can follow basic process and standards, why cannot the same be applied here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Post approved. Please go ahead. It is good to be a moderator.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 27th April 2009 at 15:12.
Old 27th April 2009, 15:11   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Miscommunication has a whole new meaning for me now. If it works its good if not it is miscommuniccation.

I'm not sure what alias is trying to convey by 'miscommunication', but I can guess.

I understand that these days you get to own and drive fancy vehicles way beyond your means if you're involved in 'miscommunication' indirectly, so it must be quite profitable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks